Windows 10: A fps counter has randomly appeared on the top right of the screen

Discus and support A fps counter has randomly appeared on the top right of the screen in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I dont use fps counters and i know its not from gamebar... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Valkths, Jun 16, 2024.

1. Valkths Win User

A fps counter has randomly appeared on the top right of the screen

I dont use fps counters and i know its not from gamebar

:)

Valkths, Jun 16, 2024
  2. Erdeslawe Win User

How to turn off the yellow FPS counter in the top left corner?

The display of an FPS Counter is normally in the game itself or possibly the PC Graphics Card Controller. Similar problems have been reported with GeForce cards on NVIDEA Forums, which would suggest some Driver/Software incompatibility issue.

See:

{{MetaTags.og.title}}

{{MetaTags.og.title}}

{{MetaTags.og.title}}

Erdeslawe, Jun 16, 2024
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    yellow fps counter wont go away

Hi chadwillis109,

I am Dave, I will help you with this.

Windows does not have a FPS counter, so that must be created by some utility installed on your PC, perhaps even a utility for your screen.

Open Task Manager, then select the Processes Tab

Look for any utility listed there that may be responsible for the on-screen counter, then right click that and select 'End Process' continue doing that until you find the process that is causing the problem, when you find that, what is the name of the process?

DaveM121, Jun 16, 2024
  4. A fps counter has randomly appeared on the top right of the screen

yellow fps counter wont go away

there's a yellow fps counter at the top of my screen and it wont go away. ive tried geforce but no and the X on the side but its not there and its pissing me off. someone help

chadwillis109, Jun 16, 2024
Thema:

A fps counter has randomly appeared on the top right of the screen

1. A fps counter has randomly appeared on the top right of the screen - Similar Threads - fps counter has

2. How do i get rid of a fps counter in top right corner? it isnt in a game or anything its...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i get rid of a fps counter in top right corner? it isnt in a game or anything its...: i dont know when it popped up or anything like that. It was just like complete random. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-a-fps-counter-in-top-right/4dc6d5d7-c032-4e6b-a270-8c9e28dccf9c
  3. How do i get rid of a fps counter in top right corner? it isnt in a game or anything its...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i get rid of a fps counter in top right corner? it isnt in a game or anything its...: i dont know when it popped up or anything like that. It was just like complete random. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-a-fps-counter-in-top-right/4dc6d5d7-c032-4e6b-a270-8c9e28dccf9c
  4. A fps counter has randomly appeared on the top right of the screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A fps counter has randomly appeared on the top right of the screen: I dont use fps counters and i know its not from gamebar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-fps-counter-has-randomly-appeared-on-the-top/4fcd449e-a647-474e-ae58-774e7deb6955
  5. I have a yellow fps counter on the top left of my screen, and it only happens when I launch...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a yellow fps counter on the top left of my screen, and it only happens when I launch...: Ive tried all sources I could think of, Steam, in game display, overwolf, NVIDIA and even my monitor but theres nothing.. please its so distracting...
  6. I have a yellow fps counter on the top left of my screen, and it only happens when I launch...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a yellow fps counter on the top left of my screen, and it only happens when I launch...: Ive tried all sources I could think of, Steam, in game display, overwolf, NVIDIA and even my monitor but theres nothing.. please its so distracting...
  7. Cannot use FPS counter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot use FPS counter: When i requested FPS counter and clicked "yes" it literally did nothing and i dont know how to turn it on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-use-fps-counter/0afe5202-e249-49c9-9273-12d4198a47bb
  8. System tray has moved form the lower right screen to the top right

in Windows 10 Customization
    System tray has moved form the lower right screen to the top right: System tray has moved from the lower right screen to the top right. The taskbar in on the bottom and I cannot figure why this change happened or how to move it back... I click on the ^ on the taskbar the system tray used to appear just above it but not now, it is all the...
  9. Best FPS Counter?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Best FPS Counter?: I am looking for a FPS counter that I can use with EVERY game. I'm looking for something preferably with a minimalist display or at least customizable. Fraps is old and doesn't work on any of my games. Nvidia's ShadowPlay works on only some games and only works part of...
  10. How accurate are FPS counters

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    How accurate are FPS counters: Hi anyone any idea with regards to the above? The reason I ask is that my TV is a 4k 60hz panel yet when I use any of the FPS counters they regularly show in excess of 60frames, is that correct?. I've tried Fraps, Afterburner and Steam in game counter. Thanks. 79479