Windows 10: A Free easy parental control or just blocking websites by putting in url

Discus and support A Free easy parental control or just blocking websites by putting in url in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi i need a parent control or just blocking websites application that requires admin rights or password in order to edit the url websites added, I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ManticoreMatrix, Jun 21, 2022.

1. A Free easy parental control or just blocking websites by putting in url

Hi i need a parent control or just blocking websites application that requires admin rights or password in order to edit the url websites added, I have a tendency of going to websites of religious as a lgbtq activist that is just not healty for me so i need a way to basically tie me down and unable to access themI have not been able to find a good free one, and ones i have found of free are horrible, i was using my bitdefender parental control but its like only certain sites it will blockIf anyone could please recommend a free easy to use website blocking application that requires password or

:)

ManticoreMatrix, Jun 21, 2022
  2. KM_705 Win User

Parental Controls Windows 10 - blocking websites

Hi, I'm setting up the partental controls on Windows 10. On Windows 7, I created a list of websites that my child was allowed to visit. In the instructions below in #4 it indicates "If you want your child to only see websites you've explicitly allowed,
    check the box next to Only see websites on the allowed list." However, I can't see anywhere on the website where it indicates "only see websites on the allowed list". Where did it go? I only want my child to have access to the websites that
    I have on my "allowed list".

To set up web browsing limits

• Sign in to
      family on the Microsoft account website

• Select the child you want to turn on web browsing limits for.

• Select Web browsing, and switch Block inappropriate websites from
      Off to On.

Now, adult content is blocked and SafeSearch is on when your child uses the most common search engines.

• If you want your child to only see websites you've explicitly allowed, check the box next to
      Only see websites on the allowed list.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/windows-10/set-child-limits

KM_705, Jun 21, 2022
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Parental Controls aren't working

Hi,

The issue could be because of corrupted files. I suggest you to delete the corrupted files yourself and see if it helps

to resolve the issue, please follow these steps:

1) Make sure your children are signed out of any monitored accounts.

2) Sign in with an administrator account and find the folder that contains the corrupted files.

There are two ways to do this. The easiest way is to enter the complete file path:

• On the Start screen, type C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Parental Controls and press Enter.

• If you’d rather open each folder individually, follow these steps:
    a. Go to This PC

b. Open C:, open the
    ProgramData folder, open the Microsoft folder, open the
    Windows folder, and open the Parental Controls folder.

3) Delete all contents of the Parental Controls folder.

This will delete any corrupt files. Your settings will be downloaded again from familysafety.microsoft.com the next time you sign in.

Hope it helps. Reply with the result and I'll be happy to help you further. Thank you

Arul_D, Jun 21, 2022
  4. Moonara Win User

A Free easy parental control or just blocking websites by putting in url

Parental Controls aren't working

I set up an e-mail account for my 7 year old (ridiculous). I logged in under my account, and added her to the family.

I then set up the controls. I blocked youtube, then clicked the 'only these websites' and made a list of websites she can go to.

Surprise surprise, today she was on youtube.

I am using internet explorer. Have her logged into her own log in on the computer, associated with the e-mail.

The e-mail is logged in, and the PARENTAL CONTROLS AREN'T WORKING.

I am about to put this computer through the wall because that seems to be the best way to keep her off youtube.

Any other suggestions? Please and thanks.

(I was just on chat/call with Microsoft for 3 hours. Apparently this is no ones area of expertise.)

Edit:

Found solution;

1. Hit head on Desk

2. Delete Internet explorer icon from desktop.

3. Drag Google chrome to desktop.

4. (optional) Pin to task bar.

5. Open google, go to settings; extensions.

6. Choose a site blocker; enable

7. Take a tylenol

See how easy that is Microsoft.

Why you no easy?

Moonara, Jun 21, 2022
Thema:

A Free easy parental control or just blocking websites by putting in url

1. A Free easy parental control or just blocking websites by putting in url - Similar Threads - Free easy parental

2. Blocking specific URLs within websites.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blocking specific URLs within websites.: Is there a way to block certain URLs instead of the whole website in a host file. For example, if I want to block a certain YouTube channel but don’t wanna block the whole YouTube website, is that possible to do in a host file?...
  3. Blocking specific URLs within websites.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blocking specific URLs within websites.: Is there a way to block certain URLs instead of the whole website in a host file. For example, if I want to block a certain YouTube channel but don’t wanna block the whole YouTube website, is that possible to do in a host file?...
  4. Blocking specific URLs within websites.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Microsoft block my website Url http://teerpoint.com/

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft block my website Url http://teerpoint.com/: Microsoft has blocked my website URL https://teerpoint.com/ * Moved from Community Participation Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-block-my-website-url-httpteerpointcom/7073aee3-91eb-4b3a-8474-1cf717a43e19
  6. A Free easy parental control or just blocking websites by putting in url

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    A Free easy parental control or just blocking websites by putting in url: Hi i need a parent control or just blocking websites application that requires admin rights or password in order to edit the url websites added, I have a tendency of going to websites of religious as a lgbtq activist that is just not healty for me so i need a way to basically...
  7. A Free easy parental control or just blocking websites by putting in url

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A Free easy parental control or just blocking websites by putting in url: Hi i need a parent control or just blocking websites application that requires admin rights or password in order to edit the url websites added, I have a tendency of going to websites of religious as a lgbtq activist that is just not healty for me so i need a way to basically...
  8. What is the easy way to block websites???

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What is the easy way to block websites???: I have a few websites, that haunt me... As soon I SEEM to block them, they reappear and are able to popup covering my abilities on the taskbar or status bars. I often don't notice and enable and activate them, allowing them to open up and further hurt my computer and my...
  9. Parental Controls - only allow these websites not working

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Parental Controls - only allow these websites not working: Hi there - please can someone help me with Parental controls on my computer? In the parental controlled section of my Microsoft account. The "Only allow these websites" options isnt working. I have the latest version of Windows. Thanks, Fiona...
  10. FH-4 feature is blocked because of parental control. Parental control is disabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FH-4 feature is blocked because of parental control. Parental control is disabled: i have removed parental control can acces every online feature except multiplayer anyone know why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fh-4-feature-is-blocked-because-of-parental/24cfc45a-a0bf-4d5f-96d3-ffb2471be0de