Windows 10: A friend pc BSOD

Discus and support A friend pc BSOD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; i have a friend that needs help with crashes happening on his pc most are ntoskernel related mini dumps in link below:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by abdulhkeem, Aug 18, 2019.

1. A friend pc BSOD

i have a friend that needs help with crashes happening on his pc most are ntoskernel related mini dumps in link below:

https://mega.nz/#F!mNdhHQQb!6vg2corOa_7lLmQqXwco0A

:)

abdulhkeem, Aug 18, 2019
  2. bbmarley Win User

BSOD randomly

friend keeps getting BSOD
    any suggestions?

A friend pc BSOD 2e3s7lz.png

bbmarley, Aug 18, 2019
  3. Thrackan Win User
    PC reboots (no BSOD) on CPU stress

Hi fellow TPU members,

not too long ago, the box my gf's PC was transported in gave way on the stairs. Yes, you got it right, that sent a PC tumbling down a flight of steps alright.

Stuff broke. Also, stuff remained intact somehow.

I bought her a new case, new CPU cooler and we removed the floppy drive, so far so good. But the PC started crashing for no apparent reason, without a BSOD.

I tested:
    • Memtest86+, left overnight, 0 errors
    • Scanned the HDD for errors, nothing there
    • Left FurMark burning up the GFX card and drawing some power, no problems there
    • Ran Ubuntu from a Live CD doing nothing special, didn't crash
    • Ran OCCT, Linpack, Prime95, all 3 caused reboots within minutes
    • Oh, and I disabled "Restart on error" so I'm sure it's not a BSOD.
    Now, I can still try and test something CPU intensive on Ubuntu, but my guess is the CPU didn't survive.
    Before I do anything drastic like whippin' out the magic wallet and get her a new AMD quad, is there anything I didn't see?
    I'm guessing the motherboard could be borkered as well, but can I check that other than replacing the CPU with a working one?
    Any suggestions on which proggies I can use from an Ubuntu Live CD to stress the CPU?

Thrackan, Aug 18, 2019
  4. alexsubri Win User

A friend pc BSOD

BSOD- atikmpag.sys

This is most likely due to an installation/upgrade error with ATI driver's. I suggest doing DriveSweeper and the following:
    • Drivesweeper all drivers & in Safe Mode
    • Unistall all drivers that aren't used in DriveSweeper (CCC Profiler Updates, MSI AfterBurner, anything related to ATI that use's it's drivers.)
    • After you do this, the first thing you need to do is go into Device Manager and Unistall your ATI Drivers
    A friend pc BSOD [​IMG]

Once your done, restart the PC and then try installing the latest drivers.

I had several issues with this in the past, but I overcame it with logical reasoning and whenever I have a driver issue, I just use these steps and I always overcome the problem.

Best of luck! *Toast :toast:

alexsubri, Aug 18, 2019
Thema:

A friend pc BSOD

1. A friend pc BSOD - Similar Threads - friend BSOD

2. HELP. I cant hear and speak to my friends. (WIN + G party problem)

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HELP. I cant hear and speak to my friends. (WIN + G party problem): pls help. I cant hear speak to my friends, also why is theres a logo with a wire and a X? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-i-cant-hear-and-speak-to-my-friends-win-g/5714dafb-cfa2-4551-a5c7-398dacd52ab9
  3. HELP. I cant hear my friends. also i cant speak to my friends. why is theres a logo with a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HELP. I cant hear my friends. also i cant speak to my friends. why is theres a logo with a...: pls help. I cant hear my friends and speak to my friend, this is the HUB in THE PARTY problem. help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-i-cant-hear-my-friends-also-i-cant-speak-to/5714dafb-cfa2-4551-a5c7-398dacd52ab9
  4. On Windows Video Editor, my friends have a speed option and I do not. I am on windows 10...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    On Windows Video Editor, my friends have a speed option and I do not. I am on windows 10...: I'll provide images etc below, but on the windows app called 'Video Editor' there is no speed option when my friends have it. I would really appreciate if I could get a fix as I really enjoy creating content for people to view and be entertained by. If you are familiar with...
  5. Please help. I am unable to remove my microsoft account from my friend's Windows 10 PC.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Please help. I am unable to remove my microsoft account from my friend's Windows 10 PC.: Hello. So my computer was unable to start, and whichever options I chose in the startup repair section (in Win10), it failed to fix the problem. I had a recovery CD so I reset his PC using it. After successfully reinstalling Windows 10, there came a 'setup your PC' screen...
  6. How to remove a Friends outlook off my computer account.

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove a Friends outlook off my computer account.: Win 10: A Friend logged on chrome with his official student outlook to have assess to the free Microsoft word for a school project and now anytime i do something windows related his log in pops up occasionally, How does a simple internet log in and log out from online just...
  7. my friend has problem with his pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my friend has problem with his pc: Hello, my name is Ibrahim my friend has strange problem when he use his pc show many icon bug on screen like next image [ATTACH] after that bluescreen DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION I have search about bluescreen but I don't find anything for windows 10 Anyone has the solution....
  8. BSOD on my friend's PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSOD on my friend's PC: Hi there, I'm making this thread on behalf of a friend as for some reason this website won't let him sign in. He's getting frequent crashes and BSOD's, particularly while gaming and even after a full reinstall of Windows 10 64 bit Pro. Here is a link to his mini dump files...
  9. Friend's desktop BSOD - 0x139 ntkrnlmp.exe

Friend's desktop BSOD - 0x139 ntkrnlmp.exe: An online friend of mine has been getting BSODs for half a year now and I asked for the minidump files. Looking at the most recent one (it was the only file he had in his minidumps folder) in WinDBG I get the following: Code:...
  10. Helping a Friend work out his BSOD issues.

Helping a Friend work out his BSOD issues.: I've created and account on this forum in order to help a friend oversea's in the U.K. work out and issue he is having with his new PC. He is not the most computer savvy so I'm doing my best to help him but I can't figure out why he is having the issue he is having. Multiple...