Windows 10: A game launches successfully in Safe Mode, but doesn't launch in Normal Mode

Discus and support A game launches successfully in Safe Mode, but doesn't launch in Normal Mode in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have Rocket League installed on my Windows PC. Recently after some changes and/or updates in my system, I'm not able to launch the game. Once... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MILTON D ALMEIDA, Feb 11, 2019.

1. A game launches successfully in Safe Mode, but doesn't launch in Normal Mode

I have Rocket League installed on my Windows PC. Recently after some changes and/or updates in my system, I'm not able to launch the game. Once double-clicking the game icon, it shows Preparing to Launch and then closes (crashes?) and nothing else happens.

:)

MILTON D ALMEIDA, Feb 11, 2019

2. setting doesn´t launch, or launches the store instead

setting doesn´t launch, or launches the store instead

Moved from es-ES

YESICAAMAYA, Feb 11, 2019
  3. Freezes in login screen of Safe Mode. Works ok in normal mode

News: I have found that removing 2 (1 set) of the 4 sticks (8Gb total) of DDR, safe mode boots correctly. Checked also, that if I plug them again, safe mode won’t work. Then I have swapped sets, even mixing them with no luck. What bothers me is that these 4 sticks pass prime95 blend test in Windows normal mode (not safe mode).

The timings are auto and voltage to OCZ Reapers specs 2.1v. Tested also with specs timings entered by hand in BIOS (just in case). Do you have some suggestion? I have not changed them, they were working in safe mode as well as normal without issues even in games even OCed, and from Windows10 day one...This last Fall Creators Update has broken this, I think.

What can I do?

Darkbluesky, Feb 11, 2019
  4. Joe-N9OK Win User

A game launches successfully in Safe Mode, but doesn't launch in Normal Mode

OCX component DllRegisterServer method works in Safe mode, fails in Normal mode

I have an application that invokes an OCX component's DllRegisterServer method;
    this invocation succeeds in Safe mode, but fails in Normal mode. This application requires registering MouseWheelControl.ocx. In Safe
    Mode, the application launches fine. When I launch the application in Normal mode, I get the following error:

07-Sep-2015 12:55:01 > DXLogMain.Form_load: unable to register MouseWheelControl.ocx: RegisterMouseWheelControl failed with error code -2147467259

Any ideas how to fix this? Is this a bug in Windows 10?

Joe-N9OK, Feb 11, 2019
Thema:

A game launches successfully in Safe Mode, but doesn't launch in Normal Mode

1. A game launches successfully in Safe Mode, but doesn't launch in Normal Mode - Similar Threads - game launches successfully

2. can open windows 10 in safe mode but not in normal mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    can open windows 10 in safe mode but not in normal mode: I have tried everything system restore, ... but get errors when restoring I can access everything in Safe mode but any attempt to restore or revert just fails. In Advanced system restore does not work and ends in error, go back to previous versions same startup repair......
  3. How to know my pc is in safe mode or normal mode.

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to know my pc is in safe mode or normal mode.: How to know my pc is in safe mode or normal mode. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-know-my-pc-is-in-safe-mode-or-normal-mode/91f69900-8542-4f27-8992-f9cb9c4e08f8
  4. None of the Windows 10 Store Apps launch successfully, store doesn't launch either

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    None of the Windows 10 Store Apps launch successfully, store doesn't launch either: Microsoft Store, Photos, Calendar, Calculator, Camera, Feedback Hub, Films and TV, Get Help, Alarms and clock, Mail, Maps, etc None of these TRUSTED MICROSOFT STORE APPS work on my Windows 10 Home Single Language, version 10.0.17134 As soon as I launch any of these apps, a...
  5. Password doesn't work on Safe Mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password doesn't work on Safe Mode: I went into safe mode to do a checkup, and my Microsoft account password doesn't work, my computer is locked, I have entered my password, the same I use to open my mail, and it's just not working. I'm desperate....
  6. Launching Games?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Launching Games?: So I was just wondering which is better, launching the games via shortcut (afterinstall) or launching the game in your graphic card driver (radeon setting, nvidia setting, etc.) also does this have any effect on perfomance, quality, etc. please enlighten us? 92321
  7. Launch Chrome in Windows 8 Mode while in Tablet Mode?

in Browsers and Email
    Launch Chrome in Windows 8 Mode while in Tablet Mode?: I have an Asus Transformer Book, and when I pull the tablet part off the keyboard, Windows 10 automatically switches into tablet mode. I'm wondering if it's possible to have Chrome automatically open into WIndows 8 Mode when Windows 10 is in tablet mode. I like to use Windows...
  8. Windows 10 BSOD in Normal Mode but Stable in Safe Mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 BSOD in Normal Mode but Stable in Safe Mode: Specs:i5-6600kGIGABYTE GA-Z170-MX 5 GAMING --> MSI Z270M MortarSamsung EVO 850 250GB SSDCorsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz 16GB (2x8GB)WD 1TB HDD I installed some NVIDIA GTX1070 drivers around 2-3 months ago, and a week later I began to experience BSODs, usually...
  9. Windows fails to boot, into safe mode or normal mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows fails to boot, into safe mode or normal mode: In MSconfig I set windows to boot into safe mode, now it will not boot at all. Previously it booted into normal mode. I used a Windows recovery disc from which the only option that works is the command prompt. From the cmd prompt I can see all of C: drive and also run...
  10. Can't boot into Normal/Safe Mode with Networking, only safe mode...

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't boot into Normal/Safe Mode with Networking, only safe mode...: Good Evening, I could do with some pointers on resolving an issue. I can only boot into windows in safe mode in Windows 10. Normal mode and safe mode with networking doesn't work. The problem occurred after a windows update. I have removed the latest updates that were...