Windows 10: A game

Discus and support A game in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, it used to be that I was able to play a certain game in the past NickToons Racing on this computer which uses Windows 10. However, when I try to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Thonk33, Feb 29, 2020.

1. Thonk33 Win User

A game

Hello, it used to be that I was able to play a certain game in the past NickToons Racing on this computer which uses Windows 10. However, when I try to run it now, it asks "Do you want to completely remove the selected application and all of its components?" As I said, I could play it in the past, and I've never seen this error message before. I was wondering if it is an update-based thing? Sorry, I do not know which Windows topic this should go under.

:)

Thonk33, Feb 29, 2020

2. installing a game

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.
    We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

Please try the steps given below and check if the issue persists:

Step 1:

I suggest you to right click on the game and try to run as administrator and check.

Step 2: if that doesn't help I suggest you to install game in compatibility mode and check:

Follow the steps below on how to install game in compatibility mode:

1. Download the game from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the game and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the game install and then check the functionality.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Venkatesh1709, Feb 29, 2020
  3. Angela Pun, Feb 29, 2020
  4. A game

Black Bars in Game

Hi Ahmed,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and appreciate the steps taken to solve the issue.

I suggest you to install the game in compatibility mode by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Download the setup files for the game and save it on your local disk.
    • Right click on the setup file of the game and select
      “Properties”.
    • Select “Compatibility” Tab.
    • Place a check mark next to“Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.
    • Let the game install and then check thefunctionality.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 29, 2020
Thema:

A game

1. A game - Similar Threads - game

2. How do I get rid of games I neither want nor ever purchased?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How do I get rid of games I neither want nor ever purchased?: I opened my store library to find it filled with fortnite and other games which I don't own and my apps were gone. They are not listed as purchases in my account. I attempted to reset the windows store app using wsreset command but when I went back in a different set of games...
  3. Windows 10 Game bar NOT WORKING

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Game bar NOT WORKING: Whenever I try to turn on Game bar in the settings and close the settings then try going back, it turns if off automatically. When I press "WIN + G" nothing pops up. I need help enabling Game bar. Also, when I go to the Captures, it doesn't show the options it shows on other...
  4. Game sharing with family members

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Game sharing with family members: Hi, I have just purchased Froza Horizon 4 Standard edition from Microsoft Store on Windows 10 PC. It downloaded and Installed overnight. Seems to work fine on my account/profile. I want to share it with other Family members who have microsoft accounts and are listed as my...
  5. Programs / Games missing write permissions?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Programs / Games missing write permissions?: I reinstalled Windows 10 a while ago and its been fine. Since maybe a month ago any recently installed steam games are failing to save their configuration (PoE and M&B2). How can I check what permissions are missing? I've tried: * giving all users except ALL APPLICATION...
  6. Microsoft store does not show my device when i go to download a purchased game

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store does not show my device when i go to download a purchased game: I have just purchased minecraft for my windows 10 machine. When I go to install and it brings up my devices, it does not show my device in the list, even though the device is presented when i log into my microsoft account. I have been to settings / sign in with microsoft...
  7. Laptop brightness keeps changing while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop brightness keeps changing while gaming: Hey there. Recently my HP pavillion x062sa running windows 10 has been having problems with brightness while gaming and I cannot seem to find the source of the issue. The battery is now a glorified paperweight so I use it plugged in all the time. The brightness will...
  8. Computer Resets on game loading screens

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer Resets on game loading screens: Hi all, this is the first time I have not been able to debug an issue. A few weeks ago, my computer stable since building 6 months ago started restarting screen black, computer off, then restarts periodically when I was in a loading screen for a game; call of duty, fortnite,...
  9. Any multi player game wont work well!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Any multi player game wont work well!: Hi so I just moved and got a new PC and I was going to play on Minecraft, Fortnite, apex, etc but for some reason, it says I have bad internet but when I'm playing I would run a speed test and it showed it was fine is there something that might block internet to multiplayer...
  10. does anyone know what this is? i had to turn on and off after a game bugged for me and now...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    does anyone know what this is? i had to turn on and off after a game bugged for me and now...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Daphic [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fttwyq/does_anyone_know_what_this_is_i_had_to_turn_on/