Windows 10: A ghost folder - stuck and cannot be deleted

Discus and support A ghost folder - stuck and cannot be deleted in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Today's greatest bug award goes to this one - A folder is stuck in the system and cannot be deleted because it is ''not found''. Simple suggestions... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BaltaisGulbis, Jan 22, 2020.

1. A ghost folder - stuck and cannot be deleted

Today's greatest bug award goes to this one - A folder is stuck in the system and cannot be deleted because it is ''not found''.

Simple suggestions like reboot and safe mode are, of course, useless.

:)

BaltaisGulbis, Jan 22, 2020

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused A ghost folder - stuck and cannot be deleted :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well A ghost folder - stuck and cannot be deleted :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Jan 22, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Jan 22, 2020
  4. R9
    r9 Win User

A ghost folder - stuck and cannot be deleted

Trouble deleting a folder

Download norton commander for windows and try it. I`m using it for deleting those autorun.inf virus files that stuck to the USB drives or second non system partition. If no file is used from windows folder NC should erase it easy. And there is Hiren`s boot disk that you can download it is bootable and has volkov commander on it similar to NC and it runs in DOS and it will delete windows folder 100%. Or you can make USB stick bootable and use deltree command.

Thema:

A ghost folder - stuck and cannot be deleted

1. A ghost folder - stuck and cannot be deleted - Similar Threads - ghost folder stuck

2. Ghost icon & deleted app stuck on desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ghost icon & deleted app stuck on desktop: I am not sure what's going on but some icons and a deleted app are stuck on my desktop.It becomes messy when new apps are "stacked" on the old ghost icon.Any one knows how to get rid of it?Tried :RebootRe-install Windows 11 keep app and file optionRefresh desktopRestart file...
  3. Ghost icon & deleted app stuck on desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ghost icon & deleted app stuck on desktop: I am not sure what's going on but some icons and a deleted app are stuck on my desktop.It becomes messy when new apps are "stacked" on the old ghost icon.Any one knows how to get rid of it?Tried :RebootRe-install Windows 11 keep app and file optionRefresh desktopRestart file...
  4. Delete "ghost" folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delete "ghost" folder: Hi,I bought FM24 some weeks ago and on my FM23 Folders I had a huge facepack on a folder called "Graphics" that I wanted to swap with because I don't see the point of touching FM23 for now.The folder itself went to my desktop so I could transfer it to the FM24 folder, but...
  5. Delete "ghost" folder

Delete "ghost" folder: Hi,I bought FM24 some weeks ago and on my FM23 Folders I had a huge facepack on a folder called "Graphics" that I wanted to swap with because I don't see the point of touching FM23 for now.The folder itself went to my desktop so I could transfer it to the FM24 folder, but...
  6. Ghost folder?, even system cannot delete

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ghost folder?, even system cannot delete: Hello, so I have found this folder hanging around on my D:\ drive.Now, I cannot delete it by normal means, because this shows up:I cannot also delete it by File Shredder, because it just stays and renames itself.The system also cannot delete it.How do I delete it?...
  7. Ghost folder?, even system cannot delete

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ghost folder?, even system cannot delete: Hello, so I have found this folder hanging around on my D:\ drive.Now, I cannot delete it by normal means, because this shows up:I cannot also delete it by File Shredder, because it just stays and renames itself.The system also cannot delete it.How do I delete it?...
  8. Ghost folder?, even system cannot delete

9. OneDrive - How to delete a ghost folder

OneDrive - How to delete a ghost folder: I know this has been covered, but it seems that it remains an unsolved mystery. OneDrive said I had a folder which contained characters that can't be synced. I deleted the folder from File Explorer, it reappeared I keep getting an error message to rename the folder, but I...
  10. "Ghost" folder icon in File Explorer that cannot be deleted

"Ghost" folder icon in File Explorer that cannot be deleted: I uninstalled Dropbox from several computers, which worked fine on all but one, a desktop PC on the latest version of Win 10. On this PC, it left a "ghost" folder icon named "dropbox" that looks like a white document: [ATTACH] I cannot delete it, as the right-click menu...