Windows 10: A good file manager, image-friendly with previews?

Discus and support A good file manager, image-friendly with previews? in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Dear experts, I need to merge thousands of images files from several folders into one large folder. Many filenames are identical, but the underlying... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by André_K., Nov 15, 2018.

1. André_K. Win User

A good file manager, image-friendly with previews?

Dear experts,
    I need to merge thousands of images files from several folders into one large folder. Many filenames are identical, but the underlying images may be identical or different. I will have to compare thousands of images, one by one, and decide case by case if I want to replace the existing file or not. Explorer only asks me "The filename already exists. Do you want to replace file A by File B?" without showing me the thumbnail of the file. How do I know if I want to replace without the preview? No way.
    I need a file manager that will compare the previews of the image files and their properties, like this:http://kobzar.be/objects/do_you_want_replace_file.png

Could somebody advise a file manager that has this feature, please?

André — Geneva, Switzerland

A good file manager, image-friendly with previews? 8a4fc9d9-ff0a-402b-b1cf-c15df87df8c8?upload=true.png

:)

André_K., Nov 15, 2018

2. [HELP]Image recovery issues

Guys i am trying to fix my cousins Asus Eee netbook. It has a backup image file that is partitioned on the hard drive but when I go to use it the app will run through a few steps and stop. It is running Vista . Any suggestions?

Rapidfire48, Nov 15, 2018
  3. W1zzard Win User
    Increase image file upload size cap

that's a good idea

W1zzard, Nov 15, 2018
  4. A good file manager, image-friendly with previews?

Viewing picture files in folders does not display image or preview

Hello Joseph,

To better assist you with your concern, I'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    1. Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    2. Click OK.
    • What is the make and model of your device?
    • Please idenfify the troubleshooting steps that you've taken so far.

Meanwhile, I'd recommend performing the steps below to troubleshoot the said issue:

1. Press Windows key + E to open File Explorer, then click on
    View tab.

2. Click on Options, then select Change folder and search options.

3. Click on View tab. UnderFiles and Folders, make sure to uncheck the box for
    Always show icons, never thumbnails.

If the issue still occurs, try to copy the images without preview/thumbnail and paste them back in the same folder. You should be able to get the preview and just need to delete the original files.

In addition, if you're using OneDrive in your computer, users had suggested that unchecking the "Save space and download files as I need them" resolve the issue for them.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Nov 15, 2018
Thema:

A good file manager, image-friendly with previews?

1. A good file manager, image-friendly with previews? - Similar Threads - file manager image

2. File image preview on folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File image preview on folders: About a week ago or so, I noticed that the folders in Windows 11 was not showing the file image preview on the folder icon like it has in the past. I've read articles/questions here and on other sites and have tried so many things i.e. uncheck 'always show icons, never...
  3. File image preview on folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File image preview on folders: About a week ago or so, I noticed that there the folders in Windows 11 was not showing the file image preview on the folder icon like it has in the past. I've read articles/questions here and on other sites and have tried so many things i.e. uncheck 'always show icons, never...
  4. Image Preview

in Windows 10 Customization
    Image Preview: SVG and PNG Files not showing the preview thumbnail. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/image-preview/139ae225-5d9b-42bf-b0b1-03d1a8f0bd90
  5. Image Previews Not Working on File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Image Previews Not Working on File Explorer: After turning on my PC lately, I've noticed that the image previews in file explorer for all my images were not visible/present. Clearing and rebuilding the icon cache doesn't work. Would it have had anything to do with me installing the experimental new Segoe MDL2 font on a...
  6. Image Previews Not Working on File Explorer

Image Previews Not Working on File Explorer: After turning on my PC this morning, I noticed that the image previews in file explorer for all my images were not visible/present. Is this easily fixable, or is this just an issue with the May 2021 verion of Windows 10 20H2?...
  7. image preview

in Windows 10 Support
    image preview: i used to be able to hover my curser over a jpeg and it automatically gave me a preview of the picture. why does it no longer work? I now have to right click to get the preview. im using windows 10 home edition 155558
  8. Is There A Good Free File Manager?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is There A Good Free File Manager?: I need help organising some files. I have a directory of some 6000 pdf files. I need them organised by author, which is in the filename. I'm currently going down the list, finding an author with 50 or more to his name, creating a folder by that name and then selecting all...
  9. image previewer

image previewer: where is the right click image viewer in 10? can it be turned on? (Wait, beware of scammers! Seriously? What happened to product support and quality? - Rhetorical, don't answer the questions in parentheses)...
  10. A file manager that will compare the previews of the image files?

A file manager that will compare the previews of the image files?: Dear experts, I need to merge thousands of images files from several folders into one large folder. Many filenames are identical, but the underlying images may be identical or different. I will have to compare thousands of images, one by one, and decide case by case if I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Container Image Manager

2. windows 10 container image manager