Windows 10: A good ups/power surge protector for gaming ?

Discus and support A good ups/power surge protector for gaming ? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I hope this is the right spot for this question but, I was wondering if anyone has any good recommendations for a quality ups/power surge protector?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ryhno88, Aug 26, 2015.

1. ryhno88 Win User

A good ups/power surge protector for gaming ?

I hope this is the right spot for this question but, I was wondering if anyone has any good recommendations for a quality ups/power surge protector?

*some additional info *
    BenQ XL2430T (1920x1080@144Hz
    EVGA | 850W 220-G2-0850-XR R.

( The rest of my computer info is in my profile )

Hopefully that will help with a more specific choice or a direction to go in. I recently switched my psu and ram due to random restarting and since then everything has been fine ( knocking on wood of course lol ). So now I want to get a good quality usp/power surge to not only protect my computer but hopefully save on energy as well for mostly gaming and other things such as working on Photoshop and Illustrator. Anyways If anyone can help/guide me i'd really appreciate it.

Thank in advance.

:)

ryhno88, Aug 26, 2015

2. Computer charger stopped working

Power surge protector also known as spike buster also work the same way to protect other electronic devices. There are fuses in side surge protector and the fuse
    will get blown by the spike of current during power surge. Well if you have, say five outlets on the surge protector and if you encounter power surge, then the only thing that gets damaged is the one fuse inside your surge protector. All your devices' fuse
    and the device itself will not be affected by the power surge. So now, what you have to do is just change the fuse for the surge protector. And again these surge protectors and of course including mostor surge protector come with spare fuse, so replacing fuse
    is easy and quick.

horatio.bond, Aug 26, 2015
  3. Ken Blake Win User
    Did Power Surge Kill It?

I'm against using a surge protector. There are dozens of inexpensive so-called "surge protectors" on the market, but they are really nothing more than fancy extension cords. A $55 UPS doesn't cost much more than a real surge protector, and it protects against
    much more than surges. Yes, surges may be less common than power failure, but protecting against power failure not only protects against hardware failure, but also against data loss.

Yes, the UPS battery has be replaced every few years, but divide the battery cost by the number of year one lasts and it's only a few dollars per year.

Ken Blake, Aug 26, 2015
  4. Elbern Win User

Hello,

It's not what you are looking for,
    It's just about wiring computer, display, and other peripherals to wall power.
    I use an old APC performance surge Arrest.
    Off course there are other models, and brands *Smile

It's just a protector surge without UPS i plug to wall, with a 1 /0 on off switch.

One line is always on. even if you press switch on the surge protector
    And the other line can be switched on / off.

Now i dunno anything about ups, just wanted to share about standard surge protector.

Elbern, Aug 26, 2015
  5. Kanata Win User
    A UPS such as from the Back-UPS range from APC will work well and be reliable, and are well supported.
    I don't know about your point of saving energy though. A UPS is not really designed to do that. It is for battery backup and/or surge protection. Connect your vital components to it - PC, monitor, modem, etc.

Kanata, Aug 26, 2015
  6. Aeroflux Win User
    Sounds like one of two possible scenarios:
    1) your previous power supply wasn't regulating voltage properly.
    2) your RAM wasn't set up properly in BIOS. Undervoltage on RAM will lead to random restarts, for example.

Power efficiency depends on the power supply 'efficiency rating' and your 'power option' settings in the OS. Like Kanata said, APC UPS will protect your from surges, and will switch to battery power if under/over voltage occurs. There's a handy power usage section included in the software for supported APC universal power supplies.

A good ups/power surge protector for gaming ? [​IMG]

Aeroflux, Aug 26, 2015
  7. ryhno88 Win User
    So I guess I'm okay with the power surge I have now? I guess I'm just more worried about thunderstorms. Also the old psu I had wasn't compatible as well. The ram i had, was more MHz to run on the motherboard than it recommended. But since the change I've had no restarts but just wanted a protected power surge for well, the sake of it lol. Anyways, thank for the help !

ryhno88, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. A good ups/power surge protector for gaming ? - Similar Threads - ups power surge

2. Power Surge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power Surge: I am getting the following message every time I open my PC: Hope you can see it. It's telling me to disconnect the device and hit "reset." How the heck can I hit reset if the power surge USB is the mouse? Please advise and thanks....
  3. Power Surge

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Power Surge: I am getting the following message every time I open my PC: Hope you can see it. It's telling me to disconnect the device and hit "reset." How the heck can I hit reset if the power surge USB is the mouse? Please advise and thanks....
  4. power surge and gaming performence

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    power surge and gaming performence: I keep getting this power surge notification I managed to stop it by going to the device manager and disabling AMD USB 3.10 eXtensible Host Controller - 1.10 Microsoft but now when I play a game for example Fortnite my frames drop a lot which it never did before and when I...
  5. power surge and gaming performence

power surge and gaming performence: I keep getting this power surge notification I managed to stop it by going to the device manager and disabling AMD USB 3.10 eXtensible Host Controller - 1.10 Microsoft but now when I play a game for example Fortnite my frames drop a lot which it never did before and when I...
  6. power surge and gaming performence

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Battery backup surge protector question

in Windows 10 Support
    Battery backup surge protector question: Just in case if the power outage, can i use battery backup surge protector? So that I can use my computer if the power outage 181803
  8. Surge Protector Recommendations

in Windows 10 Support
    Surge Protector Recommendations: Anyone have good recommendation for surge protector? Looking at amazon and there are tons of them... but i notice in many of these great reviews... lot of top comments seem to say negative about it. Don't want to spend a ton on one like 50+ dollars etc. I notice many that are...
  9. Power surge

Power surge: USB power surge and now USB is not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-surge/9d7aee8c-ff01-4bff-aab0-222df69a0b73
  10. How to tell if your Power Surge Protector Fails ?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to tell if your Power Surge Protector Fails ?: Hey ,Everyone general question how can you tell if a Power Surge Protector is dying It seems that i am having a issue with mine #1 Random shut downs and restarts #2 Computer attempts to turn on but power dies ,I'll ,move the stripe power comes back These are...