Windows 10: A GPO to prevent users from setting a password on excel when locking cells ?

Discus and support A GPO to prevent users from setting a password on excel when locking cells ? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; A GPO to prevent users from setting a password on excel when locking cells ? Do Microsoft have anything official to do this via GPO either on prem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Damien007USA, Jan 21, 2021.

1. A GPO to prevent users from setting a password on excel when locking cells ?

A GPO to prevent users from setting a password on excel when locking cells ?

Do Microsoft have anything official to do this via GPO either on prem domain or Azure ?

We have had users go and protect cells and sheets with passwords and then either forget them or leave without anyone knowing ?

Better still is there an official way to take ownership of these

:)

Damien007USA, Jan 21, 2021
  2. cereberus Win User

Locking down a pc to prevent a child ' hacking' it

You need to password protect bios so your son cannot boot from an external device, making sure boot order is set so external drives are not top of list.

I expect he is using the old trick of fooling OS into opening a command prompt by booting from an installation drive, and using sticky keys trick.

cereberus, Jan 21, 2021
  3. How to set value of height or width of cell precisely? - ms excel Office 365

I'm going to make labels for pasting in MS Excel Microsoft Business 365. I have version 1903 (compilation 11425.20228). But they should made precisely and perfectly.

1. Now when I begin editing the height of cell in MS Excel I set the value on 15,3. Then I click OK the value is set on 15,5.
    2. When I set the value on 15,333 then is set on 15,25.
    3. When I write the value on 15,22222 is set on 15,25.

The same applies with setting width of cell. I have no clue how to deal with or solve it.

Can someone suggest me that how to do it?

Prochu1991, Jan 21, 2021
  4. sygnus21 Win User

Excel itself set password to file

Sorry, but Excel doesn't just password protect itself. It takes active confirmation steps to accomplish this. Not saying the file isn't password protected, just saying someone "had" to setup a password.

And yes, I'm currently using Office 365.

sygnus21, Jan 21, 2021
Thema:

1. A GPO to prevent users from setting a password on excel when locking cells ? - Similar Threads - GPO prevent users

2. Number problem in Excel cell

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Number problem in Excel cell: When, I enter a number in one cell,then I enter into another cell.On that time the first cell number become into decimal.example likeex.in Frist cell I enter 25 then I changed cell second one,but the first one became 0.25 like this ,what can I do now ,i think any settings...
  3. Number problem in Excel cell

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Number problem in Excel cell: When, I enter a number in one cell,then I enter into another cell.On that time the first cell number become into decimal.example likeex.in Frist cell I enter 25 then I changed cell second one,but the first one became 0.25 like this ,what can I do now ,i think any settings...
  4. "Account restrictions are preventing this user from signing in" when trying to access passwords

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Account restrictions are preventing this user from signing in" when trying to access passwords: I am trying to view my passwords in Microsoft Edge. It asks me to enter my computer pin and when I do I get this error message. "Account restrictions are preventing this user from signing in."How do I update my account to disable any restrictions?...
  5. "Account restrictions are preventing this user from signing in" when trying to access passwords

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Account restrictions are preventing this user from signing in" when trying to access passwords: I am trying to view my passwords in Microsoft Edge. It asks me to enter my computer pin and when I do I get this error message. "Account restrictions are preventing this user from signing in."How do I update my account to disable any restrictions?...
  6. Cell formulas in excel spreadsheets

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cell formulas in excel spreadsheets: Can someone help me to I presume clear formatting in cells. I'm entering a column of numbers in this case planting space guides for vegetables and every once in awhile a random cell will revert to a date. For example, if you look down the column you see 15-30, 40-50, Oct-15...
  7. GPO to prevent users from Password Protecting Excel files in O365/ Office 2019 and Office 2016

GPO to prevent users from Password Protecting Excel files in O365/ Office 2019 and Office 2016: I used the GPO : https://admx.help/?Category=Office2016&Policy=office16.Office.Microsoft.Policies.Windows::L_DisablepasswordtoopenUI I also manually tried this on another test client: Registry HiveHKEY_CURRENT_USER Registry...
  8. Password set to never expire with GPO

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Password set to never expire with GPO: Hey, I Modified our GPO for Password policy to never expire (maximum password age = 0), I confirmed that the GPO took effect on all computers and on DC, but users passwords are still expiring (i confirmed they are not old expirations). submitted by /u/TeqWize [link]...
  9. Cells locking

Cells locking: Dear Sir/Madam I created a programme using VBA. I am still a beginner. I wish to lock certain cells especially headings and data which is inputted. These cells would only be unlocked by password. Can you please help? Alfred Caruana...
  10. coping text from a excel cell to another excel cell

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    coping text from a excel cell to another excel cell: I am trying to copy text from one excel to another excel cell automatically on the same worksheet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/coping-text-from-a-excel-cell-to-another-excel/5a272c74-33e6-457c-82f8-3ae3196e8f81"