Windows 10: A grey box appears and then disappears

Discus and support A grey box appears and then disappears in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; For a couple of days I am getting this but...here how it goes....Whenever I try to sign in anywhere outside of the Microsoft store, I get grey box... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Sahaskrit, Mar 2, 2022.

1. Sahaskrit Win User

A grey box appears and then disappears

For a couple of days I am getting this but...here how it goes....Whenever I try to sign in anywhere outside of the Microsoft store, I get grey box which disappears very quickly.Whenever I try to login in XBOX, MINECRAFT, XBOX CONSOLE COMPANION it just shows a grey box which disappearsIt does not happen in Microsoft store but everywhere else...Is this a windows error or something else??Please help me with this............Pls

:)

Sahaskrit, Mar 2, 2022
  2. LaurieJC Win User

A grey box appears then disappears when signing into microsoft account

I have the same problem and same grey box. After upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7, it seems Windows just automatically took the local logon from Win7 during the install. Never asked me for my Microsoft account. So I find out with the local account there is a lot I can not do. I cannot "Sign in with Microsoft account instead" - get big grey box, that disappears. I cannot add another new user account - same grey box. Cannot use the Store. Cannot sync. Cannot use Cortana, etc.

I've searched the Internet for hours, and find that so many people are having this same problem. This is definitely a Microsoft issue. A very few have solved the problem but those steps don't work for my computer. One person's fix was getting the latest update. That didn't work for me either. Someone must have a fix. Maybe an adjustment in the Registry. I'm getting very frustrated.

Laurie

LaurieJC, Mar 2, 2022
  3. A grey box appears then disappears when signing into microsoft account

Thx for the reply, but nothing's helpful

the first one run microsoft account troubleshooter, it didnt detect any problem which is not helping

the 2nd one says create new account

A grey box appears and then disappears 0df10710-30b1-407d-a955-e9f9c6f1a55b.png

well, to add another user to pc need to sign in too... which makes it the samething grey box appear and disappear

since step 2 cant be carried out step 3 and 4 is useless too

do u had any other options?

KhengSiong Juan, Mar 2, 2022
  4. marylou Win User

A grey box appears then disappears when signing into microsoft account

Hi, when I try to sign in to my microsoft account via the store, cortana or settings, a grey box appears then after a couple of seconds will disappear. This means I cannot sign into my account at all! Any help much appreciated, I am running windows 10, on a HP laptop that used to run windows 7, also it is a 64 Bit. If you need any other information, please ask A grey box appears and then disappears :)

marylou, Mar 2, 2022
Thema:

1. A grey box appears and then disappears - Similar Threads - grey box appears

2. Black Boxes Appearing and Disappearing on Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black Boxes Appearing and Disappearing on Screen: Windows 11 user running on Microsoft Surface Laptop 4. I just started to have black boxes appear and then disappear on my screen on a frequent basis. How do I diagnose and resolve this issue? Is it a bad video card or potentially a firmware issue? Thanks in advance for your...
  3. Black Boxes Appearing and Disappearing on Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black Boxes Appearing and Disappearing on Screen: Windows 11 user running on Microsoft Surface Laptop 4. I just started to have black boxes appear and then disappear on my screen on a frequent basis. How do I diagnose and resolve this issue? Is it a bad video card or potentially a firmware issue? Thanks in advance for your...
  4. "Autorotate On" appearing/disappearing black box.

"Autorotate On" appearing/disappearing black box.: I have a Lenovo ideapad c340 with a windows 10. The "autorotate on" black box notification appears spontaneously and the screen rotates upside down. Sometimes can stay there inactive for several seconds. I checked in the notification and rotation is locked. I check in system...
  5. "Autorotate On" appearing/disappearing black box.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "Autorotate On" appearing/disappearing black box.: I have a Lenovo ideapad c340 with a windows 10. The "autorotate on" black box notification appears spontaneously and the screen rotates upside down. Sometimes can stay there inactive for several seconds. I checked in the notification and rotation is locked. I check in system...
  6. A grey box appears and then disappears

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    A grey box appears and then disappears: For a couple of days I am getting this but...here how it goes....Whenever I try to sign in anywhere outside of the Microsoft store, I get grey box which disappears very quickly.Whenever I try to login in XBOX, MINECRAFT, XBOX CONSOLE COMPANION it just shows a grey box which...
  7. A grey box appears and then disappears

A grey box appears and then disappears: For a couple of days I am getting this but...here how it goes....Whenever I try to sign in anywhere outside of the Microsoft store, I get grey box which disappears very quickly.Whenever I try to login in XBOX, MINECRAFT, XBOX CONSOLE COMPANION it just shows a grey box which...
  8. White box that appears and disappears quickly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    White box that appears and disappears quickly: There is a white box that randomly appears and disappears; it does not have any periodicity. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/white-box-that-appears-and-disappears-quickly/fbcc6630-bae9-4709-871a-7798a4dbe94e
  9. Grey Box appears when typing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Grey Box appears when typing: I get this grey box that pops up whenever I am typing on chrome, word, etc. It seems to be an autosuggest since if I hover over the box, it is selectable and if I click a word gets typed. Any ideas what is wrong or how I can fix it? [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  10. A grey box appears then disappears when signing into microsoft account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    A grey box appears then disappears when signing into microsoft account: Hi, when I try to sign in to my microsoft account via the store, cortana or settings, a grey box appears then after a couple of seconds will disappear. This means I cannot sign into my account at all! Any help much appreciated, I am running windows 10, on a HP laptop that...