Windows 10: A grey window flashes when I try to sign in to Microsoft Store

Discus and support A grey window flashes when I try to sign in to Microsoft Store in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; When I try to sign in to Microsoft Store or other apps, a grey window just pops up out of nowhere, then it flashes very quickly before disappearing... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Eddie Ye, Mar 16, 2022.

1. Eddie Ye Win User

A grey window flashes when I try to sign in to Microsoft Store

When I try to sign in to Microsoft Store or other apps, a grey window just pops up out of nowhere, then it flashes very quickly before disappearing completely. Do you guys know what's going on?

:)

Eddie Ye, Mar 16, 2022

2. I can't sign in windows store and I can't use acount microsoft to sign in windows

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply. Are you still facing the issue?

If yes, Please follow below suggestions:

What happens when you try to sign to Windows Store?

Please give us the complete error message if any.

For Windows store issue you may refer the following suggestion:

I would suggest you to refer to the following steps:

• Press Windows +R Keys to open Run command

• Type wsreset.exe and hit enter

Now, try to open store and see if that helps.

Waseemulla S, Mar 16, 2022
  3. App Store sign-in error, 0xD000000D

Hi Suzanne,

There's a possibility that you are currently signed in on your computer using your local account. For us to sort this out, we suggest that you sign in with your Microsoft account instead. Follow these steps:

• Open Settings > Accounts > Your email and accounts.
    • Select Sign in with a Microsoft account instead.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.

Once signed in with your Microsoft account on your computer, try signing into the Windows Store app.

Update us with the result.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Mar 16, 2022
  4. LaurieJC Win User

A grey box appears then disappears when signing into microsoft account

I have the same problem and same grey box. After upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7, it seems Windows just automatically took the local logon from Win7 during the install. Never asked me for my Microsoft account. So I find out with the local account there is a lot I can not do. I cannot "Sign in with Microsoft account instead" - get big grey box, that disappears. I cannot add another new user account - same grey box. Cannot use the Store. Cannot sync. Cannot use Cortana, etc.

I've searched the Internet for hours, and find that so many people are having this same problem. This is definitely a Microsoft issue. A very few have solved the problem but those steps don't work for my computer. One person's fix was getting the latest update. That didn't work for me either. Someone must have a fix. Maybe an adjustment in the Registry. I'm getting very frustrated.

Laurie

LaurieJC, Mar 16, 2022
Thema:

1. A grey window flashes when I try to sign in to Microsoft Store - Similar Threads - grey window flashes

2. when I try to sign into Microsoft account the sign in box flashes and then disappear

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when I try to sign into Microsoft account the sign in box flashes and then disappear: when I try to sign into Microsoft account the sign in box flashes and then disappear https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-try-to-sign-into-microsoft-account-the-sign/3cdefa93-12c3-4fac-b696-d171cbc83c52
  3. when I try to sign into Microsoft account the sign in box flashes and then disappear

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    when I try to sign into Microsoft account the sign in box flashes and then disappear: when I try to sign into Microsoft account the sign in box flashes and then disappear https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-try-to-sign-into-microsoft-account-the-sign/3cdefa93-12c3-4fac-b696-d171cbc83c52
  4. when I try to sign into Microsoft account the sign in box flashes and then disappear

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. A grey window flashes when I try to sign in to Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A grey window flashes when I try to sign in to Microsoft Store: When I try to sign in to Microsoft Store or other apps, a grey window just pops up out of nowhere, then it flashes very quickly before disappearing completely. Do you guys know what's going on?...
  6. A grey window flashes when I try to sign in to Microsoft Store

A grey window flashes when I try to sign in to Microsoft Store: When I try to sign in to Microsoft Store or other apps, a grey window just pops up out of nowhere, then it flashes very quickly before disappearing completely. Do you guys know what's going on?...
  7. Microsoft Store loads forever when I try to sign in

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store loads forever when I try to sign in: I keep trying to download apps in the Microsoft Store, but when I submit my information to sign in, it just loads forever instead of signing me in....
  8. Microsoft Store loads forever when I try to sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store loads forever when I try to sign in: I keep trying to download apps in the Microsoft Store, but when I submit my information to sign in, it just loads forever instead of signing me in....
  9. Microsoft Store loads forever when I try to sign in

10. Error when trying to sign in Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Error when trying to sign in Microsoft Store: I get an error message "Something went wrong” and a code: 0x801901f4 when trying to get to Microsoft Store. I haven’t changed anything in my system. Before everything was working fine. Can you help me?...