Windows 10: A guy's WiFi connection on Win10 laptop only drops when doing Zoom

Discus and support A guy's WiFi connection on Win10 laptop only drops when doing Zoom in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I feel like such a noob with this guy's issue. He's like 1 in 150 right now. I gave him a new Dell Latitude 7400 and in the last month; almost every... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/gdogg121, Jun 6, 2020.

1. A guy's WiFi connection on Win10 laptop only drops when doing Zoom

I feel like such a noob with this guy's issue. He's like 1 in 150 right now.

I gave him a new Dell Latitude 7400 and in the last month; almost every other Zoom call drops and he does the WiFi troubleshooter and voila things are back! The issue is more pronounced if he does screen sharing.

I remote in and I check the WiFi card and it has been disabled and re-enabled by Windows. He is doing VPN, browsing and network drivers and 0 network drops; this is confirmed by the WiFi adapter's uptime.

I am about to just send him a new laptop because I am losing it with this problem. What could the issue be? An older laptop Dell 7480 is rock solid at this house but this newer laptop is failing on this.

Intel also removed their PROSET tools for Windows to test card issues. Anyone seen an issue like this?

submitted by /u/gdogg121
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/gdogg121, Jun 6, 2020
  2. shellz187 Win User

Win10 ethernet connection dropping,identifying,connected then drops

I need help with my Windows 10 HP laptop network connection issue at home

My internet keeps cutting in and out when connected through my ethernet cable to the router/modem
    Sais connected, then disconnects, then identifying, connected, then drops again and does this every 30 seconds sometimes a little sooner or a little later

( I have TWC or Spectrum now lol ) When it's on wireless wifi my internet is fine

I think the problem lies in the Properties of (TCP/IPv4) or (TCP/IPv6 )
    and has something to do with DNS or DHCP but I am not sure

I tried unplugging all the cables and restarting the modem and computer this doesn't work neither did the trouble shooting, my Windows 8.1 laptop does not give me this problem

I already did the netsh wlan show wlanreport in command, also I tried ipconfig /release and ipconfig /renew in the command window but still the same problem after restarting

If you have any idea how to fix this send me an email I can also call you it would be greatly appreciated!

A guy's WiFi connection on Win10 laptop only drops when doing Zoom [​IMG]

shellz187, Jun 6, 2020
  3. Shol5m Win User
    Laptop WiFi connection drops when on battery power

After installing Windows 10 update KB4467702 a few months ago I noticed my laptop's WiFi connection kept dropping: I'd get the "No Internet Connection" message eventhough other devices on the same network were fine. After trying countless fixes, I discovered this Microsoft Support page which specifically mentions WiFi connectivity issues due to Windows Power Management. Sure enough, it seems that my WiFi issues only arise when my laptop is on battery, connecting it to a power source magically fixes everything.

I've changed all the settings I know to maximize performance over energy saving but the WiFi issues still arise when my laptop is on battery power. Here are the settings that I know of:

Device Manager: selecting my network adapter and removing the tick next to "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power"

Control Panel: creating a custom power plan and making sure the power saving mode for "on battery" is set to "Maximum Performance"

I even disabled the USB selective suspend setting on battery because I use a USB wireless adapter

These are all the network-related power options that I can think of but my WiFi still drops when my laptop is on battery. What setting did I miss? One of the running services maybe?

Shol5m, Jun 6, 2020
  4. x509 Win User

A guy's WiFi connection on Win10 laptop only drops when doing Zoom

Laptop loses wifi connection and often is difficult to connect.

So about a week ago my wife bought a Lenovo Yoga 730, and of course I had to set it up, migrate all applications, settings, and data. At first, the Yoga kept losing WiFi connections, even though
    • my laptop right next to the Yoga system had no WiFi problems
    • both systems were on a desk about 2 feet away from the router

So I did a search and discovered that this system had a LOT of complaints about dropped WiFi. Most people said that they had to send the system back to Lenovo, where the WiFi board was replaced with one from a different manufacturer. But I was lucky to find a post where the guy said that Lenovo was using a driver from 2011, and that a much newer driver was available from the manufactuer's website.

So I downloaded and installed this driver, and now this laptop has a stable, reliable WiFI connection. Lucky for me, or else I would look bad to my wife. *cry

I would like to add that all the guys on this forum help me look GOOD to my wife for our home tech. *Smile

x509, Jun 6, 2020
Thema:

A guy's WiFi connection on Win10 laptop only drops when doing Zoom

1. A guy's WiFi connection on Win10 laptop only drops when doing Zoom - Similar Threads - guy's WiFi connection

2. WIFI dropping when connected for 15 minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIFI dropping when connected for 15 minutes: My WIFI in my laptop always drops for 1 week now. It will only connect for 15 minutes then drop its connection. On the status sometimes I see connected secured but cant access any sites in any browser. I checked my other device and dont have that kind of issue. The computer...
  3. WiFi drops when HDMI cable is connected

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi drops when HDMI cable is connected: Hi all, Extremely bizarre issue on new MSI laptop, using killer wifi. Connecting an HMDI cable to an external monitor the monitor doesn't even have to be plugged in! causes the wifi to stop working. It still registers as connected in the taskbar, but will not connect to any...
  4. wifi drops connection

wifi drops connection: The issue occurs every now and then. Wifi drops connection when my PC is idle. So I have to click the wifi button and press disconnect and then press reconnect. The issue is really annoying...
  5. WiFi keeps dropping out (on laptop only)

WiFi keeps dropping out (on laptop only): Long story as short as possible I have a Dell Inspiron running windows 10 that is only a few years old and for about 2-3 weeks now it has been dropping my wifi connection frequently even though the connection is great. Typically when this would ever happen (rarely) it...
  6. WIFI Strange connection drop only when opening games...

WIFI Strange connection drop only when opening games...: Hi, So I installed a Nest Router, hooked up to my virgin media modem, with 2 additional older generation google wifi units in different rooms using the google home app. One of which, is connected to the nest router via a long ethernet cable, the other is just using wifi...
  7. Wifi disconnects when internet connection drops

Wifi disconnects when internet connection drops: Hi I have a Samsung Note 9 which I use as a mobile hotspot When I connect my Surface Pro 6 to the wifi it works absolutely fine. I mostly use it on the train. When the train goes through a long tunnel or area with no signal, the internet connection is lost. Windows senses...
  8. WiFi connection drop

WiFi connection drop: Every time I connect to wifi on my laptop with Windows 10, it freezes and fails. The laptop works well when it is disconnected, but as soon as I connect it to the internet it freezes. Please help, I can not do any work....
  9. Laptop WiFi connection drops when on battery power

Laptop WiFi connection drops when on battery power: After installing Windows 10 update KB4467702 a few months ago I noticed my laptop's WiFi connection kept dropping: I'd get the "No Internet Connection" message eventhough other devices on the same network were fine. After trying countless fixes, I discovered this Microsoft...
  10. Dropping WiFi connections

Dropping WiFi connections: Laptop, clean Windows install (1809 17763.107). Driver for Intel Wireless LAN Driver 20.80.0.0u installed EventID 1014 10400 5005 5002 5000 Q: Does anybody have a suggestion/idea ? Note: no other applications have been installed yet. [img] - 1014 Name resolution for...