Windows 10: A hard disk issue

Discus and support A hard disk issue in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello Microsoft, A few months ago, I found that my laptop boots up and runs tasks slowly, tell I discovered that the C volume is about to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AymanFahd, Apr 2, 2019.

1. AymanFahd Win User

A hard disk issue

Hello Microsoft,

A few months ago, I found that my laptop boots up and runs tasks slowly, tell I discovered that the C volume is about to getting full. So, (using EaseUS Partition Master) I tried to shrink a part of D volume and move it to C volume. Until the last two weeks, when I organized my files, I realized that I have to merge the D partition with C, but each time I format D or E volumes the Blue Screen of Death appears and shows me this stop code: KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED. In addition, after the system boots up and the explorer lunches, once I open Computer Management, I notice that the volume I tried to format appears as RAW partition.

I hope you can find the solution of that strange issue.

Thank you...

:)

AymanFahd, Apr 2, 2019

2. External Hard disk contents are not visible.

Hi Pranoti,

For us to narrow down your concern with your external hard disk, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Do you hear any clicking sound when connecting your hard disk?

In the meantime, we suggest that you update all your device driver.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Apr 2, 2019
  3. W1zzard Win User
    W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Apr 2, 2019
  4. A hard disk issue

External Hard disk detect issue

Hello,

Let's determine the reason why your Windows 10 stopped detecting your external hard disk. To get started, we'd like to get the following information:

• Did you make any changes to your computer prior to the issue?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • Have you tied connecting the external hard disk to a different computer? If yes, is it working?

In the meantime, let's run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter. This troubleshooter automatically detects and resolves problem with hardware and devices. To do so, please follow these steps:

• Open Control Panel.
    • Select View by: Small icons.
    • Open Troubleshooting.
    • Under Hardware and Sound, run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.

We're looking forward to your response.

Antoneth Ber, Apr 2, 2019
Thema:

A hard disk issue

1. A hard disk issue - Similar Threads - hard disk issue

2. hard disk issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hard disk issue: my hard disk suddenly stopped showing up in anywhere i can hear it running ofc its not showing in disk management and its not showing is device manager under the disk driver and universal serial bus controllers but i found it here I'm sure its the drive because I tried take...
  3. hard disk issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    hard disk issue: my hard disk suddenly stopped showing up in anywhere i can hear it running ofc its not showing in disk management and its not showing is device manager under the disk driver and universal serial bus controllers but i found it here I'm sure its the drive because I tried take...
  4. A hard disk issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A hard disk issue: Hello Microsoft, a few days ago, i wanted to format D volume but when i format D or E volumes the Blue Screen of Death appears and shows me this stop code: KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED. In addition, after the system boots up and the explorer lunches, once I open...
  5. A hard disk issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A hard disk issue: Hello Microsoft, a few days ago, i wanted to format D volume but when i format D or E volumes the Blue Screen of Death appears and shows me this stop code: KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED. In addition, after the system boots up and the explorer lunches, once I open...
  6. A hard disk issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Hard disk issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hard disk issue: Hi, i am facing some wierd issue with my hdd it is working extremely slow and there are sudden usage spikes to 100% and then goes to 4% then again it goes 100 %. even when disk is transferring no data its usage is 100.can anyone tell what is the problem? I think my hdd is...
  8. Hard disk issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard disk issue: Hi, i am facing some wierd issue with my hdd it is working extremely slow and there are sudden usage spikes to 100% and then goes to 4% then again it goes 100 %. even when disk is transferring no data its usage is 100.can anyone tell what is the problem? I think my hdd is...
  9. Hard disk issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  10. Hard disk issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hard disk issue: Dear Team, Few days back while working my laptop switched off automatically and when I tried to restart, found my hard disk got crashed. I have reinstall new hard disk but unfortunately I have lost all the backup and not sure how to activate my windows as i dont have the key...