Windows 10: A host of updates came through and now my ethernet and print drivers are not working

Discus and support A host of updates came through and now my ethernet and print drivers are not working in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I had 97 updates come through today on my Dell XPS8900 and when all done, I no longer have ethernet connection working. Additionally my printer driver... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KanLyons1017, Jul 25, 2019.

1. A host of updates came through and now my ethernet and print drivers are not working

I had 97 updates come through today on my Dell XPS8900 and when all done, I no longer have ethernet connection working. Additionally my printer driver for my laser engraving machine isn't working. I tried to reinstall the ethernet driver, without any change. I changed out my ethernet cable and my USB (with ethernet converter) cable which is hooked to my router. Neither are working. Help!

:)

KanLyons1017, Jul 25, 2019
  2. Homeless Win User

New build, all works but ethernet

Go to the asus web site and look up your motherboard model. Then go to drivers and download your ethernet driver

Homeless, Jul 25, 2019
  3. Ethernet Driver is not working on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for the reply and update.

If you have not yet tried this then I suggest you to follow this step to test if that helps.

Follow these steps.

• Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.

• In the list of devices, you should see the Network Adaptor.

• Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".

• In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.

In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the default device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Jul 25, 2019
  4. Havoc Win User

A host of updates came through and now my ethernet and print drivers are not working

Ethernet Driver Non Existant?

Hi all,

I'm doing a re-install of a friends laptop after it came down with some nasty viruses. The only thing that I am having issues with is the ethernet driver. The wireless has installed and is an intel unit. But the LAN driver is Broadcom, and the Acer website & Broadcom Website list a download that contains 3 files:

They are all called b57win32, but they are all different filetypes, one is a system file, the other a 'security catalogue' and the other a setup information file. There's no EXE of any kinda [this is what I want - I have no idea otherwise on how to instal the files?'

I've also tried is using the add new hardware wizard - this has resulted in failure as there is nothing on windows update if I turn the wireless on, and for some reason it doesn't like the driver that I have downloaded. Finally, I've tried right clicking on the Setup Information File and clicking install, and I've had no Joy with that either. I've got to be doing something wrong - Most confused!

Can anyone sort me out with a step-by-step guide of what to do, I feel a bit silly asking - But I haven't used a Windows PC in about 3 years. *Frown A host of updates came through and now my ethernet and print drivers are not working :(

The machine is an Acer Aspire 5633WLMi Laptop with the 1.6 T5500 C2D, and I'm running Windows XP.

Thanks

Edd

Havoc, Jul 25, 2019
Thema:

A host of updates came through and now my ethernet and print drivers are not working

1. A host of updates came through and now my ethernet and print drivers are not working - Similar Threads - host updates came

2. Tried to bridge the connection of the Wifi and Ethernet, now my ethernet does not work on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tried to bridge the connection of the Wifi and Ethernet, now my ethernet does not work on...: Tried to bridge the connection between my Wireless Wifi and ethernet. All of a sudden my ethernet status goes down and now says "network cable unplugged", even though its not. Ethernet cable is brand new too. Motherboard is a ASUS Tuf B760M Wifi DDR5...
  3. Tried to bridge the connection of the Wifi and Ethernet, now my ethernet does not work on...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tried to bridge the connection of the Wifi and Ethernet, now my ethernet does not work on...: Tried to bridge the connection between my Wireless Wifi and ethernet. All of a sudden my ethernet status goes down and now says "network cable unplugged", even though its not. Ethernet cable is brand new too. Motherboard is a ASUS Tuf B760M Wifi DDR5...
  4. My cat came in and literally plopped own on my keyboard and now the print is teeny tiny....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My cat came in and literally plopped own on my keyboard and now the print is teeny tiny....: My cat came in and literally plopped himself right on my keyboard. In the process he must have pressed something that has made my screen and letters teeny tiny. How do I fix this and possibly keep it from happening again? Getting rid of the cat is not an option....
  5. My cat came in and literally plopped own on my keyboard and now the print is teeny tiny....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My cat came in and literally plopped own on my keyboard and now the print is teeny tiny....: My cat came in and literally plopped himself right on my keyboard. In the process he must have pressed something that has made my screen and letters teeny tiny. How do I fix this and possibly keep it from happening again? Getting rid of the cat is not an option....
  6. Print driver host for 32bit applications has stopped working

in Windows 10 News
    Print driver host for 32bit applications has stopped working: [ATTACH]This article lists the possible solutions to fix the error Print driver host for 32bit applications has stopped working on a Windows computer. This error usually occurs on the older versions of Windows operating systems that use 32bit printer drivers. If you see this...
  7. print isolation host

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    print isolation host: Yes i seem to be having problems with the printer spool not working properly and i kept the taskmon on top to see what is going on . There is a progam called change printer settings that was running . Is this because i changed the page count to custom or is this program why...
  8. Ethernet through USB C not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ethernet through USB C not working: I have a Dell Vostro 7590 (Brand new computer) and have Windows 10 and Drivers through Dell support assist fully up to date as of the time of writing this. I installed ethernet in my office yesterday and last night when I was half way done, I connected my computer to...
  9. Ethernet connection through Realtek Switch not working.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet connection through Realtek Switch not working.: I am in a suite apartment, and am sharing a single ethernet plug with three others. Luckily we have a Realtek Switch that splits the single port into five. I have run an ethernet cord to the Switch and plugged it in, but I have no internet connection through it. It shows up...
  10. Disable driver updates through Windows update not working with 1903

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Disable driver updates through Windows update not working with 1903: So I upgraded to 1903... and now the disable driver force is not working anymore with 1903, Windows 10 will download Intel DPTF drivers over and over again after each Windows reboot and put it into C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution None of the options described here are...