Windows 10: A huge black box blocking my search results

Discus and support A huge black box blocking my search results in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Anyone has this issue? Sometimes that black box completely cover the search panel. It's annoying. submitted by /u/alvin_jian [link]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/alvin_jian, Jun 19, 2020.

1. A huge black box blocking my search results

/u/alvin_jian, Jun 19, 2020

2. Cortana search box is now huge

I have noticed that whilst my search box is OK the actual size of Cortana black box is twice the size... mine used to be the same as the search box as shown by the arrow, now twice the size.. seems to have happened last night... was this part of the latest update?

A huge black box blocking my search results [​IMG]

stuarttunstall, Jun 19, 2020
  3. search box

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10.We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if are able to find search box.

• Right click on the task bar.

• Go to Cortana.

• Click on show search box.
    Now check if you are able to find search box.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Jun 19, 2020
  4. A huge black box blocking my search results

Disable Web Search Results in Windows 10 Start Menu

Hi Taira,

Disabling web results in the search box depends on the version and build of your Windows 10. We suggest checking the Windows 10 version and build installed on your computer. To check the version and build, follow the steps below:

• On Cortana search, type winver and press
      Enter
    • A pop-up box will appear containing the version and build of your operating system.

Meanwhile, you can try these steps on how to disable web results in the search box:

• Click the search box in the taskbar.
    • Select the Notebook icon
      A huge black box blocking my search results a0c1fa7c-1198-4621-a19b-ece827a34a33.png

in the left pane.
    • Click Settings from the list.
    • In the Settings page, turn off the Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts and more option.
    • Also, turn off the Search online and include web results option.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

Gerard Qui, Jun 19, 2020
Thema:

A huge black box blocking my search results

1. A huge black box blocking my search results - Similar Threads - huge black box

2. Black search box in explorer.exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black search box in explorer.exe: How to fix this?1. no, sfc /scannow and etc restore solution does not help.2. no, %appdata%/local/IconCache.db delete/restart of explorer through task manager and reboot do not help3. no, personalization/colors/dark or light mode do not helpAny ideas?...
  3. Black search box in explorer.exe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black search box in explorer.exe: How to fix this?1. no, sfc /scannow and etc restore solution does not help.2. no, %appdata%/local/IconCache.db delete/restart of explorer through task manager and reboot do not help3. no, personalization/colors/dark or light mode do not helpAny ideas?...
  4. Black Search box

in Cortana
    Black Search box: Hi, when I try to search in the top box of Explorer, the text turns black and nothing is clear! [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-search-box/88f815d4-d96f-4ef8-bb11-78715b57cf32
  5. Search covered by black box

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search covered by black box: Hi! Suddenly today, for no apparent reason, my search is acting funny. No matter what I have to do with search, local or online, a black box has started to appear on it and I can no longer search from there. As you can see in theimage click on the word "image", for some...
  6. The screen-gobbling huge black box that opens when I put my cursor in the search box.

in Cortana
    The screen-gobbling huge black box that opens when I put my cursor in the search box.: How do I get rid of this monstrosity that showed up with the last update? It covers a quarter of my screen and is totally useless. What idiot designed something to tell me things I already know like the last few apps I used? Dumb. DUMB....
  7. Huge menu above search box

in Windows 10 Support
    Huge menu above search box: Hi I have just upgraded Win10 to Version 1909 Build 18363.418 and have suddenly got this huge menu which pops up when I select the search box. It coveres nearly half of the screen. I have no idea what it is called. I seems some users got something similar with the last...
  8. Cortana search box is now huge

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana search box is now huge: Why did my Cortana search box suddenly more than double in size? Can't screenshoot it but imagine it taking up more than half the screen. I did absolutely nothing to change it and see no setting to revert it back to its typical size. I am running 1803. Restarted computer with...
  9. Search box in Windows 10- No results

in Windows 10 Support
    Search box in Windows 10- No results: Hi When I open a folder in Windows 10 File Explorer, and I click on the search box and type in a folder that I want, It tells me NO ITEMS MATCH YOUR SEARCH But it's crazy because I can see the document I want right in front of me in that folder but when I try search it...
  10. Retaining Search Box results

in Windows 10 Support
    Retaining Search Box results: I love Windows 10 but its Search Box functionality is a step backwards from Windows 7. As in Windows 7, is there a way to retain Search Box results so I can return to the results if the first file or folder I open isn't the one I want? This was easy in Windows 7 but I can't...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. A huge black box