Windows 10: A hypervisor feature is not available to the user.

Discus and support A hypervisor feature is not available to the user. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I got an error on gpupdate /force as below on my workstation which is Windows 10 Enterprise version 1803. -----------------------------... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by -KELLY-, Jun 25, 2019.

1. -KELLY- Win User

A hypervisor feature is not available to the user.

I got an error on gpupdate /force as below on my workstation which is Windows 10 Enterprise version 1803.

-----------------------------

{F312195E-3D9D-447A-A3F5-08DFFA24735E} failed due to the error listed below.

Note: This component only reports overall status information. It does not report information about its individual policy settings; consequently, those settings will not appear in this tool. Please contact the vendor of this component to check if an updated version is available.

-----------------------------

It is my understanding that hypervisor is feature to install/manage multiple OS in one workstation. Actually I only install one Windows 10 to my workstation. I am not sure it is related to hypervisor or not, but I connect to virtual server from my workstation over VMware VSphere, but the virtual server is not installed on my workstation. It is running on other physical servers in the same network.

The error above is showed up when I executed gpupdate /force on my windows 10 workstation. What kind of action I should take to fix the error? Any advice will be appreciated..

:)

-KELLY-, Jun 25, 2019

2. How to disable hypervisor after uninstalling Sandbox feature?

Hi, maybe someone can suggest something beside installing and uninstalling hyper-v feature. I didn't have time to try it yet, don't currently have access to PC in question.

So, I installed win10 1903 and enabled that new Sandbox feature to see how it works. After the end of test I removed it, but hypervisor it installed is still enabled on system.

Task manager shows 'Virtualization: enabled', systeminfo says 'A hypervisor has been detected' and vmware player won't start.

So now I need to somehow manually uninstall this hypervisor, any ideas? Going through anything remotely connected to windows features (dism, powershell) is no go since Hyper-V feature isn't installed so there's nothing to uninstall

Andy_Scull, Jun 25, 2019
  3. How to disable hypervisor after uninstalling Sandbox feature?

No, it's Pro version still unactivated. I just installed it on spare PC to get a look at Sandbox feature and what I can do with it.

Probably it would be easier if I just describe the steps I took:

1. Created ISO with media builder 1903

2. Installed from this on clean system, deleting and recreating all disk partitions

3. Created a local user account on first start, logged in with it

4. In windows features scrolled down to Windows Sandbox and checked only it, Hyper-V features are available but I didn't check them for install

5. Reboot

6. Did few tests with the sandbox app, ran couple of programs in it, confirmed for myself that it uses Hyper-V technology for virtualization (first symptom - any other 3rd party virtualization software won't run, same error as when Hyper-V feature is installed,
    this is known problem with HV in windows 10)

7. Finished with tests, removed Windows Sandbox from Features. Hyper-V feature still wasn't enabled in list of features, only Windows Sandbox was.

8. Reboot

9. Logged in, discovered I still cannot run VmWare and hypervisor is still enabled.

Currently both Hyper-V and Windows Sandbox are disabled/not installed in Windows Features window but the virtualization is enabled on the system. So I think I need to manually 'switch it off' or something.

As I wrote earlier, maybe installing and uninstalling Hyper-V would help, I just thought maybe there is a fast way to disable it in command line or registry

Andy_Scull, Jun 25, 2019
  4. Darksaber Win User

XBox 360 dashboard gets 125 new features

The next Xbox 360 update is coming along nicely. The download should take less than a minute and will be available to all Xbox 360 Live users. The feature list is quite long, so I suggest you click on the following link for the entire list:Xbox update.

Source: DailyTech

Darksaber, Jun 25, 2019
Thema:

1. A hypervisor feature is not available to the user. - Similar Threads - hypervisor feature available

2. Hypervisor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hypervisor: Can I run virtual machine without "Hypervisor" feature? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hypervisor/b486be71-34e8-403a-b119-5eaaf993db83
  3. Hypervisor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hypervisor: Can I run virtual machine without "Hypervisor" feature? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hypervisor/b486be71-34e8-403a-b119-5eaaf993db83
  4. Hypervisor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. this feature is not available in portable workstation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    this feature is not available in portable workstation: error message. this feature is not available in portable workstation https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-feature-is-not-available-in-portable/7c9449f1-d5ae-41a1-b031-78a5d804519c
  6. Media feature Pack not available on feature list.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Media feature Pack not available on feature list.: When going to the " Settings > Apps > Apps and Features > Optional Features > Add a Feature" as stated here https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/media-feature-pack-for-windows-10-n-october-2020-2f992f23-1fca-60a3-9907-fd4fe896a8a7, I can't find the feature.Am I looking...
  7. Latest Feature Updates not available

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Latest Feature Updates not available: My small Lenovo Thinkpad X230 laptop appears to be stuck on W 10 version 1909. I keep getting the message that the May 2020 feature update (2004) is on it's way but it never arrives. Is this because my machine lacks some component which is necessary for this update? I'm not...
  8. hypervisor

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    hypervisor: tell me according to Microsoft which one its better for security and total virtualization virtual box VMware or windows inbuilt hyper-v even using for tor browser and deep web serfing...
  9. How to disable hypervisor after uninstalling Sandbox feature?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to disable hypervisor after uninstalling Sandbox feature?: Hi, maybe someone can suggest something beside installing and uninstalling hyper-v feature. I didn't have time to try it yet, don't currently have access to PC in question. So, I installed win10 1903 and enabled that new Sandbox feature to see how it works. After the end of...
  10. startup logo hang after enabling windows feature hypervisor

in Windows 10 Support
    startup logo hang after enabling windows feature hypervisor: Hi I need some help with this issue: I activated hyperV and isolatedusermode and now windows will not boot and hangs on startup logo. I was able to disable isolatedusermode but hyperv is still enabled. I have tried to dism /disable-feature hyperV and I get a 0x8000ffff...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hypervisor function is not available for user

2. gpo F31219SE-3D9D-447A-A3F5-08DFFA24735E

3. hypervisor feature is not available to the user

4. A hypervisor feature is not available to the user