Windows 10: A laptop I got used has been upgraded from Windows XP home to 7 ultimate. I am wondering...

Discus and support A laptop I got used has been upgraded from Windows XP home to 7 ultimate. I am wondering... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I got a laptop used and it came with a Windows XP home key but had Windows 7 ultimate installed, if I were to format the HDD to install another OS, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JAMEZ WOULF, Jul 2, 2022.

1. A laptop I got used has been upgraded from Windows XP home to 7 ultimate. I am wondering...

I got a laptop used and it came with a Windows XP home key but had Windows 7 ultimate installed, if I were to format the HDD to install another OS, and later install Windows 10 would I get Windows pro because the laptop was upgraded to Ultimate, or home because it came with the laptop? Also the product ID in windows has OEM in it, does that mean it has the OEM key but upgraded or something similar?

:)

JAMEZ WOULF, Jul 2, 2022
  2. GaryL-CTO Win User

Windows 7 Ultimate includes DirectAccess. Will Windows 10 Pro keep it active?

My company is not big enough to justify the cost of Software Assurance. We upgraded a laptop from Win7 Pro to Ultimate, SPECIFICALLY for DirectAccess as the least expensive way to get it for a single machine. With DirectAccess deprecated in the upgrade
    it means that the laptop will be staying as Windows 7 Ultimate and NOT losing a valuable feature to the "free" Win10Pro upgrade. More is less.

GaryL-CTO, Jul 2, 2022
  3. Brink Win User
    Can I upgrade to windows 10 from windows 7 ultimate?

Hello R08Y, A laptop I got used has been upgraded from Windows XP home to 7 ultimate. I am wondering... :)

Yes, you can upgrade from Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10 Pro. If you don't have the SP1 update installed in Windows 7 Ultimate, then you just may not be able to keep everything when upgrading to Windows 10. You can verify before starting the actual upgrade at step 15 below, and safely close Windows 10 Setup at this step to cancel the upgrade if wanted.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...tallation.html

Brink, Jul 2, 2022
  4. R08Y Win User

A laptop I got used has been upgraded from Windows XP home to 7 ultimate. I am wondering...

Can I upgrade to windows 10 from windows 7 ultimate?

Thanks!

R08Y, Jul 2, 2022
Thema:

A laptop I got used has been upgraded from Windows XP home to 7 ultimate. I am wondering...

1. A laptop I got used has been upgraded from Windows XP home to 7 ultimate. I am wondering... - Similar Threads - laptop got used

2. I purchased a windows key and it says that it has already been used i was wondering if i...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I purchased a windows key and it says that it has already been used i was wondering if i...: I purchased a windows key and it says that it has already been used i was wondering if i could get a screen shot of the Ticket number, Time and date of the activation....
  3. Finding product key on a laptop that has been upgraded from windows 7 to 10 Home

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Finding product key on a laptop that has been upgraded from windows 7 to 10 Home: I have a laptop currently operating windows 10 home. It was originally on windows 7. Is there a way to find my product key label rubbed off, before I try restoring/fresh start?...
  4. Finding product key on a laptop that has been upgraded from windows 7 to 10 Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Finding product key on a laptop that has been upgraded from windows 7 to 10 Home: I have a laptop currently operating windows 10 home. It was originally on windows 7. Is there a way to find my product key label rubbed off, before I try restoring/fresh start?...
  5. Finding product key on a laptop that has been upgraded from windows 7 to 10 Home

6. I want to upgrade from windows 7 Ultimate genuine to windows 10 home i am failing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I want to upgrade from windows 7 Ultimate genuine to windows 10 home i am failing: Error code: ox80072F8F-0x20000 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-upgrade-from-windows-7-ultimate-genuine/a1c25a4d-0e41-461d-8a54-80caf43e6073
  7. I want to upgrade from windows 7 Ultimate genuine to windows 10 home i am failing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to upgrade from windows 7 Ultimate genuine to windows 10 home i am failing: Error code: ox80072F8F-0x20000 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-upgrade-from-windows-7-ultimate-genuine/a1c25a4d-0e41-461d-8a54-80caf43e6073
  8. I want to upgrade from windows 7 Ultimate genuine to windows 10 home i am failing

9. A laptop I got used has been upgraded from Windows XP home to 7 ultimate. I am wondering...

A laptop I got used has been upgraded from Windows XP home to 7 ultimate. I am wondering...: I got a laptop used and it came with a Windows XP home key but had Windows 7 ultimate installed, if I were to format the HDD to install another OS, and later install Windows 10 would I get Windows pro because the laptop was upgraded to Ultimate, or home because it came with...
  10. upgrade from windows 7 ultimate

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrade from windows 7 ultimate: I upgraded my laptop with 8.1 to 10 and I ended up with all programs recognized and working. Hard to believe. All I did after the upgrade is download and install English (US) package to change interface language. Will it be the same when upgrading from windows 7 ultimate?...