Windows 10: A laptop without available recovery key

Discus and support A laptop without available recovery key in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I bought a computer from my friend. And he removed the device listed in his microsoft account, and I add the device to my account. However, last week,... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by GhostyTugboat38, Oct 30, 2018.

1. A laptop without available recovery key

I bought a computer from my friend. And he removed the device listed in his microsoft account, and I add the device to my account.

However, last week, I ask the laptop company to repair my computer and when I get my computer back, it requires me to input the recovery key. However, neither my account or my friend's account could find the corresponding Key of it.

:)

GhostyTugboat38, Oct 30, 2018

2. Laptop won't show list of available networks

We suggest checking the list of available Wi-Fi networks on your laptop.

Please follow these steps:

• Click the Windows logo.
    • Go to Settings (gear icon).
    • Select Network and Internet.
    • Then Wi-Fi.
    • Make sure the Wi-Fi radio button is On.
    • Select Show available networks, then you'll be able to see the list of available Wi-Fi networks.

Update us with the outcome so we provide further assistance.

Robert Caw, Oct 30, 2018
  3. Sony laptop Windows 7 formatting

Depending on your model of laptop you may have a recovery CD that will revert your computer back to the way it was when you first bought it.

It's also possible that there is a recovery partition on your primary drive which you can use to restore the computer to the way it was when you bought it. If so you should see a "press key to restore" type message when booting the computer.

It's not quite the same as using a Windows disc but it may be all you have available. I suggest checking the laptops manual for recovery features.

streetfighter 2, Oct 30, 2018
  4. dalchina Win User

A laptop without available recovery key

Laptop will not boot at all, not even from DVD

Hi, this is read from an HP forum, not ASUS- I've no idea if it applies.. but you can try it!
    Here are the steps:

1. Turn off the computer.
    2. Hold down the windows key + b and power on the laptop without letting go.
    3. Here's the magic: while holding down windows key + b, then press F2.
    4. The laptop will enter BIOS recovery mode, and you should be all set from there.

dalchina, Oct 30, 2018
Thema:

A laptop without available recovery key

1. A laptop without available recovery key - Similar Threads - laptop without available

2. Reset Windows 10 laptop without recovery key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reset Windows 10 laptop without recovery key: An employee was let go at our work. I need to reset their PC but they used Bitlocker. I do not have their recovery key or password to their account. I am trying to fully reset this PC, but Bitlocker will not let me continue. Is there a way to reset this PC and delete their...
  3. Reset Windows 10 laptop without recovery key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset Windows 10 laptop without recovery key: An employee was let go at our work. I need to reset their PC but they used Bitlocker. I do not have their recovery key or password to their account. I am trying to fully reset this PC, but Bitlocker will not let me continue. Is there a way to reset this PC and delete their...
  4. Reset Windows 10 laptop without recovery key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Bitlocker recovery key not available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker recovery key not available: My hp laptop had some issuses so motherboard is been replaced by company. But now it is asking for bitlocker recovery key which is not assigned to my account for the device. So what can I do to resume my laptop working?Please help me directing....
  6. Bitlocker recovery key not available

Bitlocker recovery key not available: My hp laptop had some issuses so motherboard is been replaced by company. But now it is asking for bitlocker recovery key which is not assigned to my account for the device. So what can I do to resume my laptop working?Please help me directing....
  7. Bitlocker recovery key not available

8. Reset Surface 3 Laptop without recovery key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset Surface 3 Laptop without recovery key: Hello. I've seen this topic covered a few times. However, when I hold the volume down key while powering on, the laptop goes to the normal login page. Holding volume up takes me to the Surface UEFI, but volume down does nothing, essentially. Any advice?...
  9. Reset Surface 3 Laptop without recovery key

Reset Surface 3 Laptop without recovery key: Hello. I've seen this topic covered a few times. However, when I hold the volume down key while powering on, the laptop goes to the normal login page. Holding volume up takes me to the Surface UEFI, but volume down does nothing, essentially. Any advice?...
  10. Reset Surface 3 Laptop without recovery key