Windows 10: A large amount of Files gone

Discus and support A large amount of Files gone in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So I just booted my PC one day like normal when all of a sudden a MASSIVE amount of my files have gone missing along with programs and my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by tristen31, May 16, 2021.

1. tristen31 Win User

A large amount of Files gone

So I just booted my PC one day like normal when all of a sudden a MASSIVE amount of my files have gone missing along with programs and my wallpaper.Please someone help me I don't want to redownload everything and I also don't want to be missing numerous files that are personally important to me.

:)

tristen31, May 16, 2021

2. Files & Folders View as medium or large Icons

To assist you better, we would suggest that you try to follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Once you are viewing a folder, right click an empty space within the File Explorer window and select View from the dialogue menu, then choose Large or any icon you wanted to use. Alternatively, you can use the following shortcut keys on the keyboard to
      change your View settings:
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 1 Extra Large
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 2 Large icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 3 Medium Icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 4 Small Icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 5 List
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 6 Details
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 7 Tiles
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 8 Content
    3. Once you have the view set, you can make it the default view for

every folder.

4. Click Apply, then click OK.

Update us on the result.

Marivel Man, May 16, 2021
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, May 16, 2021
  4. A large amount of Files gone

File Explorer not showing Extra large icons

Hi,

The icons might be set to appear in medium or small icons. For you to get extra large icons, follow these steps:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Right-click in an empty space and navigate to View > Extra large icons.

Let us know how it goes so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, May 16, 2021
Thema:

A large amount of Files gone

1. A large amount of Files gone - Similar Threads - large amount Files

2. How do I transfer a large amount of files in onedrive ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I transfer a large amount of files in onedrive ?: We have our files in ondrive OD there we use them together. We will now split our comany into 3 different companies an all of us want a copy of all OD-files into the 3 new OD's.There is a very large amount of maps and files 300-400 GB.The files have often more than 256...
  3. How do I transfer a large amount of files in onedrive ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I transfer a large amount of files in onedrive ?: We have our files in ondrive OD there we use them together. We will now split our comany into 3 different companies an all of us want a copy of all OD-files into the 3 new OD's.There is a very large amount of maps and files 300-400 GB.The files have often more than 256...
  4. Large amount of App Data Reported

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Large amount of App Data Reported: Hello. So I am on Windows 11 may or may not be important and I was checking my storage space. It reports I have 19.9 GB worth of installed apps. But when I check it personally, I see 67 apps whose amount of data should not amount to that much. So am I missing something here...
  5. Large amount of App Data Reported

Large amount of App Data Reported: Hello. So I am on Windows 11 may or may not be important and I was checking my storage space. It reports I have 19.9 GB worth of installed apps. But when I check it personally, I see 67 apps whose amount of data should not amount to that much. So am I missing something here...
  6. Large amount of ram being used nothing

Large amount of ram being used nothing: Ok so i feel like this question has been answered a billion times, but no matter what forum or video I look i can't find the answer for me. Even when I am not running any games or anything, the amount of ram that is being used seems to be way more than all of the processes...
  7. How to copy a large amount of files and maintain folder structure and file order?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to copy a large amount of files and maintain folder structure and file order?: I have this digital picture frame, and I want to put a large amount (~40,000) photos on it. The files are nicely sorted into subdirectories (and sub-sub, and sub-sub-sub, etc). I copied the files over to an sd card and inserted it into the device, and because Windows behaves...
  8. Large amount of outbound traffic to a windows service?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Large amount of outbound traffic to a windows service?: I am a dev who frequently uses software to inspect web traffic, and have always seen a very large amount of connections to "activity.windows.com:443" from my local windows 10 computer (see screenshot here https://imgur.com/a/PX041Q9 ). At any one time there are about 3-4 of...
  9. Transferring a large amount of data

in Windows 10 Support
    Transferring a large amount of data: I need to transfer 200GB of data from an HDD to an SSD. I am using Windows 10 Professional. Can anyone advise me of the best and speediest way to do this please. Many thanks. 138112
  10. Runtime Broker Using large amounts of CPU

in Windows 10 Support
    Runtime Broker Using large amounts of CPU: Hello, i just want to start by saying that i know it may seem like i'm rambling a bit, but i'm very stressed out at the moment. I'm running windows 10 Home 64-bit The process runtimebroker is eating up a lot of cpu for me. I have looked deeply into this problem, but no...