Windows 10: A light static noise can be heard whenever any sound comes from the headphones or settings...

Discus and support A light static noise can be heard whenever any sound comes from the headphones or settings... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; It lasts for about thirty seconds after the sound stops, and seems to only happen with headphones plugged in through the audio jack and not with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PatrickJohnson8, Dec 26, 2020.

1. A light static noise can be heard whenever any sound comes from the headphones or settings...

It lasts for about thirty seconds after the sound stops, and seems to only happen with headphones plugged in through the audio jack and not with Bluetooth. My audio drivers are all already up to date, everything is unchecked in the enhancements tab and I even tried every configuration in the advanced settings, but the static continues.

:)

PatrickJohnson8, Dec 26, 2020

2. Loud Static noise from headphone jack

Hi this is Wil an independent advisor. Since you have mentioned that other headsets are producing the same static noise. Lets try to check the playback settings. Try to disable all enhancements. Just follow the instructions below and kindly reply back
    if you need further help.

Step 1. Right click the speaker icon on the Taskbar and select Playback devices to open Sound settings. Double click your headphones device to open the Properties.

Step 2. Choose the Levels tab and then adjust the Microphone slider to 0. Click Apply.

Step 3. Go to Enhancements tab and then check the Disable all sound effects. Click OK twice to exit.

WilfredPanopio, Dec 26, 2020
  3. Thrombre Win User
    Intermittent sound from headphones, constant static noise, HELP D:

Hey guys

I have Realtek Audio HD driver for sound installed on windows 10. For about a week, my laptop ran with no problems. However, last night there was no sound output into my headphones. I unplugged my headphones, plugged them in again. Still no sound.

I tried my headphones on different computers and phones and sound worked normally. I then tried a different pair of headphones on my laptop and no sound was coming out. The speaker is still functioning normally.

I have since restarted my laptop multiple times, and each time I restart a message saying that "You have changed your settings in BIOS setup. Would you like to restart your computer to apply these changes?"pops up.

Sometimes, my headphones somehow come to life, and sound is able to be played. However, when this occurs there is a lot of background static noise, although the sound quality itself is very good.

Could anyone help me out? :S

Thanks!

Thrombre, Dec 26, 2020
  4. A light static noise can be heard whenever any sound comes from the headphones or settings...

Loud Static noise from headphone jack

Starting very suddenly, I have a weird issue with my laptop.

I was listening to audio on headphones plugged into the headphone jack when suddenly, very loud static noise started playing over the actual audio. After about 30 seconds of that Windows even crashed saying something about an 'apc index mismatch'

Ever since then, the very loud static noise plays on the headphones when they are plugged in. The built-in speakers work just fine. I have also tried with a different pair of headphones, with the same static noise.

Things I have tried:

Windows Update

Looking for driver updates in device manager

Windows Sound Problems Troubleshooter

If anyone has any idea how to solve this or what might be causing it, I would be very happy.

MoritzWettstein, Dec 26, 2020
Thema:

A light static noise can be heard whenever any sound comes from the headphones or settings...

1. A light static noise can be heard whenever any sound comes from the headphones or settings... - Similar Threads - light static noise

2. Static Noise in Headphones Even when I disable their sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Static Noise in Headphones Even when I disable their sound: Hello, I just bought a new computer and i hear a static noise in one side of my heaphones. I updated the drivers, I disabled all other sound devices other than my headphones, but ONLY when I play a youtube video or something else I hear a noise in my ear. Even if I disable...
  3. Static Noise in Headphones Even when I disable their sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Static Noise in Headphones Even when I disable their sound: Hello, I just bought a new computer and i hear a static noise in one side of my heaphones. I updated the drivers, I disabled all other sound devices other than my headphones, but ONLY when I play a youtube video or something else I hear a noise in my ear. Even if I disable...
  4. Windows 11 Static/White Noise whenever sound is played

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Static/White Noise whenever sound is played: I have been having problems with this ever since I upgraded to windows 11. I've uninstalled numerous programs that may have been causing the problem, but none have fixed it. I've looked through a plethora of forums and nothing has helped. I've uninstalled drivers for both...
  5. Windows 11 Static/White Noise whenever sound is played

Windows 11 Static/White Noise whenever sound is played: I have been having problems with this ever since I upgraded to windows 11. I've uninstalled numerous programs that may have been causing the problem, but none have fixed it. I've looked through a plethora of forums and nothing has helped. I've uninstalled drivers for both...
  6. Static Audio heard on laptop speaker/headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Static Audio heard on laptop speaker/headphones: Hello, and hope everyone is having a nice day so far! Anyways, I need help. This issue started yesterday. When I plug in to hear music, in a few minutes, I start hearing static sound that is interfering with the music I’m listening to. I tried disabling, reinstalling, and...
  7. Static Audio heard on laptop speaker/headphones

Static Audio heard on laptop speaker/headphones: Hello, and hope everyone is having a nice day so far! Anyways, I need help. This issue started yesterday. When I plug in to hear music, in a few minutes, I start hearing static sound that is interfering with the music I’m listening to. I tried disabling, reinstalling, and...
  8. Loud Static noise from headphone jack

Loud Static noise from headphone jack: Starting very suddenly, I have a weird issue with my laptop. I was listening to audio on headphones plugged into the headphone jack when suddenly, very loud static noise started playing over the actual audio. After about 30 seconds of that Windows even crashed saying...
  9. White noise/static from headphones and speakers

White noise/static from headphones and speakers: I'm using Lenovo 80VF, but whenever I plug in my headphones and try to play music or videos I can hear an annoying, faint hissing sounds that seems like static in the background. I've tried using different headphones, but the same things keeps happening. It doesn't make any...
  10. Intermittent sound from headphones, constant static noise, HELP D:

Intermittent sound from headphones, constant static noise, HELP D:: Hey guys I have Realtek Audio HD driver for sound installed on windows 10. For about a week, my laptop ran with no problems. However, last night there was no sound output into my headphones. I unplugged my headphones, plugged them in again. Still no sound. I tried my...