Windows 10: A little confused about drives.

Discus and support A little confused about drives. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I recently got a new laptop. Something I noticed was that my new laptop has less drives than the drives on old laptop. Is it supposed to be like this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by M Roshaan Umar, Dec 12, 2021.

1. A little confused about drives.

I recently got a new laptop. Something I noticed was that my new laptop has less drives than the drives on old laptop. Is it supposed to be like this? Why does my new laptop only has local disk C, while my old laptop has DVD drive E, Recovery D, local disk C and an F drive? Why does my old laptop has so many drives and why not my new laptop?Can you please tell me what these different drives mean? I don’t know what any of the drives are.Any help is highly appreciated!

:)

M Roshaan Umar, Dec 12, 2021
  2. little cat, Dec 12, 2021
  3. VictoriaW Win User
    A little help please?!

Okay, I'm still a little confused! Do I move it to the card after it's saved to my computer? Can you give me a step by step from downloading it from the website to getting it to the phone! Thanks!

VictoriaW, Dec 12, 2021
  4. Arun B J Win User

A little confused about drives.

Problem with letter drives confusing Sony Vegas

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open Disk Management (press [Win] +[R], type "diskmgmt.msc", and press [Enter]).
    • In the lower pane, right-click on the partition that you want to change drive letter, and click "Change Drive Letter and Paths"
    • A dialog should come up, showing the partition's current drive letter. Even if it is correct, click [Change].
    • From the dropdown, select any new letter, and then [OK] your way back to Disk Management. And check if it helps.

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Arun B J, Dec 12, 2021
Thema:

A little confused about drives.

1. A little confused about drives. - Similar Threads - little confused drives

2. I'm a little confused about the display port connection.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm a little confused about the display port connection.: LS27BG402ENXG0 Odessey Monitor - My Graphic Card 3070 supports up to four displays via one 2.1 HDMI and three DisplayPort 1.4a ports ----My new monitor cables are 1 x DisplayPort 1.2, --- 2 x HDMI 2.0. The HDMI cable works fine, and I understand that HDMI port only supports...
  3. I'm a little confused about the display port connection.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'm a little confused about the display port connection.: LS27BG402ENXG0 Odessey Monitor - My Graphic Card 3070 supports up to four displays via one 2.1 HDMI and three DisplayPort 1.4a ports ----My new monitor cables are 1 x DisplayPort 1.2, --- 2 x HDMI 2.0. The HDMI cable works fine, and I understand that HDMI port only supports...
  4. A Little Confused About Windows 10 Start Menu Issue Resolution

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    A Little Confused About Windows 10 Start Menu Issue Resolution: I was provided a resolution from Bernard on 2/21. I'm a bit confused because I already have Windows 10 Pro and the in-place upgrade link points to Windows 10 2022 Update Version 22H2. Directly below the update link is "Update Now" not "Download Now".Here's what Bernard sent...
  5. A Little Confused About Windows 10 Start Menu Issue Resolution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A Little Confused About Windows 10 Start Menu Issue Resolution: I was provided a resolution from Bernard on 2/21. I'm a bit confused because I already have Windows 10 Pro and the in-place upgrade link points to Windows 10 2022 Update Version 22H2. Directly below the update link is "Update Now" not "Download Now".Here's what Bernard sent...
  6. A Little Confused About Windows 10 Start Menu Issue Resolution

7. A little confused about drives.

A little confused about drives.: I recently got a new laptop. Something I noticed was that my new laptop has less drives than the drives on old laptop. Is it supposed to be like this? Why does my new laptop only has local disk C, while my old laptop has DVD drive E, Recovery D, local disk C and an F drive?...
  8. A little confused !

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    A little confused !: Over the last few days I have been trying to find out why my laptop failed the "Windows 11 compatibility test ! It seems like the processer is not up to the required standard needed for Windows 11. I have also done the TPM check which as left me confused. If I type in the...
  9. I'm a little bit confused about managing data with OneDrive..??

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I'm a little bit confused about managing data with OneDrive..??: For many years now, I have maintained a 2TB data drive in my primary desktop workstation. All of "My Documents" are stored here in the same structure as default, and I update all of the Documents, Pictures, Videos, etc. to use this drive as its location. I've always had a...
  10. Confused about One Drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    Confused about One Drive: I find in my Start / Programs list [the dates are from the respective Properties displays]: Microsoft One Drive (4/6/2016) Microsoft One Drive (1) (9/20/2015) Further down I see One Drive (11/14/2018), which apparently I have just installed by clicking on Microsoft One...