Windows 10: A load of broken registry items after Windows 10 reset

Discus and support A load of broken registry items after Windows 10 reset in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Here is the story: I initially reset my windows 10 PC because it had some issues (nothing like virus or malware issues, just windows wasn't setting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by K.Grace, Oct 6, 2018.

1. K.Grace Win User

A load of broken registry items after Windows 10 reset

Here is the story:

• I initially reset my windows 10 PC because it had some issues (nothing like virus or malware issues, just windows wasn't setting my Microsoft account up properly so I decided to try again from scratch).
    • After the reset (I chose to delete everything from both my hard drives) I somehow accumulated broken registry items that weren't previously on the computer (they never previously came up in performance scans).
    • So I decided to do another reset hoping that would fix it... somehow added more broken registry items.
    • After that I made some mistakes with CCleaner (deleted a bunch of registry items which caused some issues, however I did have a backup saved and learnt my lesson with CCleaner).
    • I had looked online and many websites said that simply refreshing and resetting would restore the registry to normal. So I decided to do a "refresh" on windows 10 to try to restore them back to default.... which also added more broken registry items.

While I wouldn't normally be too concerned about it, I'm concerned because since the initial windows 10 reset my PC has been booting inconsistently such as in boot speed, load screens vary for windows sometimes, the behaviour of my USB inputs at boot and I'm also now having to run programs as administrator to have them work correctly. Basically I'm having to do things I've never had to do previously on the same machine... and it's behaving inconsistent when it used to be very consistent. The broken registry items are the only new abnormalities on the system since I tested my PC after drivers were all updated and that had no effect.

Is there anyway to fix this that actually works? I initially opted to reset my PC to take it back to a completely fresh windows 10 installation so not sure why these problems have accumulated.

I'm wondering if I buy a fresh hard drive and do a fresh install of windows 10 is it possible to still have broken registry items? If so, would just cleaning my current hard drives with a program and then doing a clean install of windows 10 on the SSD be enough?

:)

K.Grace, Oct 6, 2018
  2. Caring1 Win User

Having random resets on Windows 10

I would suggest trying another PSU.
    It appears to me it cuts out under load.
    Use CPUID HWMonitor to check voltages while running at idle, then load.
    Not resetting while in BIOS, does not mean Hardware isn't to blame, it only shows basic drivers and hardware are functioning correctly.

Caring1, Oct 6, 2018
  3. josmith16 Win User
    How to fix a broken registry?

I get this message with my antivirus scan "broken registry items = 392"

josmith16, Oct 6, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 6, 2018
Thema:

1. A load of broken registry items after Windows 10 reset - Similar Threads - load broken registry

2. Regarding System junk and broken registry items

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Regarding System junk and broken registry items: Hello i have this problem where my Avast is saying i have 8 Gigabytes of system junk and 423 broken registry how to i get rid of it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/regarding-system-junk-and-broken-registry-items/46a08ec5-ab8b-4bef-b5a2-46c30e423751
  3. Regarding System junk and broken registry items

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Regarding System junk and broken registry items: Hello i have this problem where my Avast is saying i have 8 Gigabytes of system junk and 423 broken registry how to i get rid of it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/regarding-system-junk-and-broken-registry-items/46a08ec5-ab8b-4bef-b5a2-46c30e423751
  4. broken registry items

in Windows 10 Gaming
    broken registry items: avast said that my computer have 1608 broken registry items,is that something should im worry about?my pc perfomance still ok tho. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/broken-registry-items/975c2a35-51d4-4fa4-8c53-f5b7e4003fe7
  5. broken registry items

broken registry items: avast said that my computer have 1608 broken registry items,is that something should im worry about?my pc perfomance still ok tho. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/broken-registry-items/975c2a35-51d4-4fa4-8c53-f5b7e4003fe7
  6. Broken registry items

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Broken registry items: Avast keeps telling me I have 200+ broken registry items and want me to pay them to clear everything up. How can I find and repair these myself? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/broken-registry-items/5eafe0e1-bb3e-4cf9-af19-4b247122e4ae
  7. Broken registry items

Broken registry items: Avast keeps telling me I have 200+ broken registry items and want me to pay them to clear everything up. How can I find and repair these myself? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/broken-registry-items/5eafe0e1-bb3e-4cf9-af19-4b247122e4ae
  8. .lnk Registry Broken after upgrading from Windows 8.1 to 10 - "The item you selected is...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    .lnk Registry Broken after upgrading from Windows 8.1 to 10 - "The item you selected is...: Recently I decided to upgrade my computer to Windows 10! Everything went great and my personal files were kept after the upgrade, however, I quickly noticed that right clicking on files in my taskbar and using their shortcuts gave me "The item you selected is unavailable. It...
  9. Broken registry items

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Broken registry items: I deleted broken registry items from my pc using cleaner software. It creates a backup file in a drive can i delete it from there? It may cause any problems https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/broken-registry-items/33fa5706-87a8-4ea8-bb2c-78be101ad2d5
  10. How to fix broken registry items on windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to fix broken registry items on windows 10?: My antivirus software (AVG) is displaying that I have 237 issues with broken registry items. Is there any Microsoft tool to scan and resolve registry issues?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. broken registry items windows 10

2. what are broken registry items windows 10

3. how to delete broken registry items windows 10