Windows 10: A Long-used App Suddenly Gets "Do you want to allow" Notice

Discus and support A Long-used App Suddenly Gets "Do you want to allow" Notice in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've been using Search Everything for years, now suddenly when I try to run it I get the message "Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by beau, Jan 28, 2018.

1. beau Win User

A Long-used App Suddenly Gets "Do you want to allow" Notice

I've been using Search Everything for years, now suddenly when I try to run it I get the message "Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your PC?"

As a test I've just opened more than a dozen programs without problems.

What should I do to be able to run Search Everything normally?

:)

2. azulura Win User

Adding Background Apps

How long does it normally take for the list to update on its own. I like to use Chrome more than Edge and prefer to use such, but when I play videos on Youtube, the video pauses on the first minimization and gives me an error on the second one. I noticed
    that others have this issue but it gets resolve by "allowing" said program to run in the background. Problem is, Chrome is not listed on the Background Apps which is way I'm experiencing this problem and why I'm here. My question is, do I just wait for Chrome
    or any other program I plan to download to suddenly appear on the list and if so, how long?

azulura, Jan 28, 2018
  3. Problem with Windows 10 & "Do you want this app to make changes to your computer"

Hi I have recently update to Windows 10 & suddenly started getting this error message re "Do you want to allow this App make changes to your computer". Most most annoying!! Does anyone have the solution to get rid of this? Many thanks in anticipation

BernardCB_07, Jan 28, 2018
  4. PiKo Win User

A small chance: right mouse button, run as administrator. Maybe, preference is saved now.

5. beau Win User
    It just dawned on me that I always click "Yes" because, after all, I want to run the program, so there's no point in having the warning. If I change my mind I can just close the program. Duh!

I've set User Account Control Settings to "Never notify"

And guess what? All programs are opening faster. I use Open Office Writer a lot and for years the first time I run it each day it takes an eternity to open. Now it opens in about half the time. Go figure.

Why didn't I do this years ago? Double duh-duh!

beau, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. A Long-used App Suddenly Gets "Do you want to allow" Notice - Similar Threads - Long used App

2. Google chrome \ Do you want to allow this app ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Google chrome \ Do you want to allow this app ?: How to prevent Google chrome from sending " Do you want to allow this app \ windows 10 I made Google chrome my default browser and located instead Edge Edge I never want and prevent it finally from installingIn the recent weeks or days, I noticed Google change its behavior...
  3. Google chrome \ Do you want to allow this app ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Google chrome \ Do you want to allow this app ?: How to prevent Google chrome from sending " Do you want to allow this app \ windows 10 I made Google chrome my default browser and located instead Edge Edge I never want and prevent it finally from installingIn the recent weeks or days, I noticed Google change its behavior...
  4. Google chrome \ Do you want to allow this app ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?: It said I need to enter an username and password for administrator but idk where can I find the password?P/S: I can access to administrator account btw...
  6. “Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?”

“Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?”: Hello everyone! I use Windows 10 home Whenever I install some new software, the window appears, where I get asked the following: Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device? 1) Where can I see a list, with all the apps that has been granted access? 2)...
  7. Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?: So yesterday I downloaded a game called Phantasy Star Online and whenever I opened it, it said "Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?" and I would usually click "yes" but this one time I clicked on "no" by accident and ever since then when I try to...
  8. do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device

in Windows 10 Customization
    do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device: Hi, whenever I want to update an app or try to delete one, I get a window that says "do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device". However, the window that pops up only gives me one option, a NO button. No other button to press for yes, or enter admin info....
  9. Do you want to allow this app to make changes to this device?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Do you want to allow this app to make changes to this device?: Frequently I try and open something, and get the popup that says "Do you want to allow this app to make changes to this device?" but it only offers "No" as an option- the "Yes" option is missing. Is there something wrong with my computer? I am the administrator. Thanks....
  10. "Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your PC"?

"Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your PC"?: Hi everybody. I need a t-shirt that says "I survived the upgrade to Windows 10". I started it Sunday afternoon, from Win 7, and finished it Monday afternoon. Whew. Completely lost my home Wifi use, in the process and had to research it on the other PC, which had been upgraded...