Windows 10: A look at Search changes in Windows 10 version 1903

Discus and support A look at Search changes in Windows 10 version 1903 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft released the October 2018 Update yesterday on the November 2018 Patch Tuesday; while the update was delayed quite a bit because of issues... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Nov 14, 2018.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

A look at Search changes in Windows 10 version 1903

Microsoft released the October 2018 Update yesterday on the November 2018 Patch Tuesday; while the update was delayed quite a bit because of issues that were not detected in time before it was published briefly on Windows Update, work on the next feature update continued unhindered in the six weeks that Microsoft needed to sort things out.

The first feature update for Windows 10 in 2019 may feature search changes. May, because things are still under development and it is possible that Microsoft will throw them overboard entirely or change them before the first feature update of 2019 is released globally.

You can see some of these changes already when you run a recent Insider build of Windows 10.

Basically, what Microsoft considers for the new feature update, is to separate Cortana more from Search.

Cortana won't go away, however, and is still used when it comes to voice search functionality. Search itself continues to search local and Internet content by default.

Tip: you can disable web search in Windows 10 easily.

A click on the search field of the taskbar in a recent Insider build of Windows 10 displays a new search interface and next to it an option to open Cortana for voice searches and other activity.

The interface itself replicates the search interface of Windows 10 version 1809 for now; the list of recent activity is displayed when you activate search. The filters at the top, to display only programs, documents, or web results among other things, are displayed right away in the new version.

A look at Search changes in Windows 10 version 1903 windows-10-1903-search.png

A click on the menu displays a link to the indexing options to manage Windows Search locations or unlock global search indexing, a new option that Microsoft calls enhanced search mode that was added recently.

A right-click on the taskbar of the operating system displays a new Cortana menu (previously named Search). You may use it to switch between the search field and Cortana icon, and to hide the entire search field in the taskbar.

Search functionality is available in the Start menu as well. Just activate Start and start typing to run a search on the system.

Closing Words

Microsoft improved search quite a bit in recent versions of Windows 10 but it is still basic when compared to third-party search tools especially if you are looking for specific files. Programs like Wizfile or Everything are faster, offer better options and better when it comes to finding files on the system.

Now You: Do you use Windows Search or a third-party program? (via Deskmodder)

Ghacks needs you. You can find out how to support us here or support the site directly by becoming a Patreon. Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post A look at Search changes in Windows 10 version 1903 appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Nov 14, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 14, 2018
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Nov 14, 2018
  4. A look at Search changes in Windows 10 version 1903

Help with the Windows Search Service failed

Hi,

Having some damaged system components is one of the possible causes why the services in the system are failing. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows is installed on your computer?
    • What changes have you made to your computer before this issue occurred?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest refreshing the Windows Search service. To do so, follow these steps:

• Press the Windows key + R to pull-up the Run box.
    • In the Run box, type services.msc and then hit the Enter key.
    • In the Services window, look for Windows Search, right-click on it and then choose Stop.
    • Restart your computer.
    • Pull-up the Services window again.
    • Look for Windows Search, right-click on it and then choose Start.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Nov 14, 2018
Thema:

A look at Search changes in Windows 10 version 1903

1. A look at Search changes in Windows 10 version 1903 - Similar Threads - Search changes version

2. Windows 10 Version 1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Version 1903: When I restart my laptop, HP, after the installation of version 1903 is complete I do get an error 0*80240034 and then it starts downloading the same version over again. At other times there is no error code after restarting several times. Is there a solution?...
  3. Looking to update windows 10 1903

Looking to update windows 10 1903: Getting error code: 0x80070057 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/looking-to-update-windows-10-1903/94190ca5-c2b0-4156-b210-b07c35b14123
  4. windows 10 version 1903

windows 10 version 1903: tries to update and takes a long time and it always fail very annoying with a code 0xc1900101 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-version-1903/1f9735ee-efb9-4bf7-bc57-822dd3646611
  5. windows 10 version 1903

windows 10 version 1903: I HAVE IT DOWNLOADED BUT IT WILL NOT INSTALL. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-version-1903/24e3746e-50ad-4e25-98c5-9d717dd889ed
  6. Windows 10, Version 1903

Windows 10, Version 1903: I got the notice to restart computer to install the 1903 update. I did restart and the following is what happened. Click on restart, starts to download or install update, gets to "58% screen goes black". Force restart goes to "79% then 82% then 84% then freezes". Force...
  7. Windows 10 version 1903

Windows 10 version 1903: What are the minimum device requirements to update to Windows 10 version 1903? I have version 1809 on a small Insignia tablet and even though the update service says it is available and ready to install after it downloads the install process has failed 3 times....
  8. windows 10 version 1903

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 version 1903: can't view passwords after i put in password in security box the security box and the my password page disappears. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-version-1903/63020f87-38e9-4574-8042-278654007600
  9. window 10 version 1903

window 10 version 1903: what is Error 0xc1900222? is there a fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-10-version-1903/8120c194-ff3b-4eba-99d4-571ef1c1ccdc
  10. Microsoft to split Search and Cortana in Windows 10 version 1903

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft to split Search and Cortana in Windows 10 version 1903: Microsoft's upcoming operating system Windows 10 version 1903 splits Cortana and Search to separate one from the other. Cortana, a digital assistant created by Microsoft, was integrated in the Windows 10 operating system when it was released by Microsoft in 2015. Microsoft...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 1903 search look

2. windows 10 1903 search changes

3. change search screen in win 10 1903

4. window 10 1903 why is the search and cortona split