Windows 10: A lot of applications freezes on my Windows 10 installation and I can't kill them anymore.

Discus and support A lot of applications freezes on my Windows 10 installation and I can't kill them anymore. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello to everyone. I don't know what's happening,but a lot of applications are freezing on my Windows 10 installation. Below you can see one of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/loziomario, Nov 15, 2019.

1. A lot of applications freezes on my Windows 10 installation and I can't kill them anymore.

Hello to everyone.

I don't know what's happening,but a lot of applications are freezing on my Windows 10 installation. Below you can see one of the many applications that freezes and when they freeze I'm not able to kill the application on the task manager. Infact when I do that,it says : no reply. The only thing that I can do is to reboot the PC,but then it freezes also to restart. The shut down process can take hours to be completed. So,I should press the reboot button on the case....

https://ibb.co/TtydNb1

it happens also with Chrome,Firefox and many other applications. Which kind of problem is this ? Is there a fix ?

submitted by /u/loziomario
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/loziomario, Nov 15, 2019
  2. wt_lesny Win User

Windows Vista Wont Install Freezes?

had the same problem, freezes and long installation including each step loading, in my case a bios update helped.

wt_lesny, Nov 15, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 15, 2019
  4. A lot of applications freezes on my Windows 10 installation and I can't kill them anymore.

[UWP] all UWP application windows are not displayed anymore after a lot of start/kill of any UWP application

Hello,

This issue seems linked to the Windows Anniversary Update (build 10.0.14393,
    also reproduced on build 14905.rs_prerelease.160811-1739) and the new UWP lifecycle introduced with it, since this issue was not there before.

The test scenario is simple:

1. start any UWP application (in my example the windows calc.exe, the default Windows 10 calculator application)

2. wait 0.5 second

3. kill the same UWP application

4. repeat the 1-2-3 steps 5000 times

This scenario is basically reproducing an automated test environment.

The expected result is that the tested application will always be displayed correctly.

The actual result is that the tested application is not displayed anymore after a various number of loops (between 200 and 800). It looks like it is running in the background since the process can be seen in the task manager.

When the UWP application window can't be displayed, the scope of the issue is much more important: no UWP content can be displayed anymore (Edge browser or Windows settings, etc).

The way to recover from this is to log out from the user session and log in again.

Here is a python script to reproduce the issue:

Is it a known issue ? Any way to work around this (this is blocking our UWP automated testing environment)?

BR

Jean-Marc

Jean-Marc T., Nov 15, 2019
Thema:

A lot of applications freezes on my Windows 10 installation and I can't kill them anymore.

1. A lot of applications freezes on my Windows 10 installation and I can't kill them anymore. - Similar Threads - lot applications freezes

2. Windows freezing a lot.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows freezing a lot.: When I'm in Firefox or Chrome, Windows explorer freezes a lot.I'll notice the clock is frozen minutes don't advance. And shortly there after, I can't search for anything in the windows search bar, nor open explorer.Sometimes I'll be viewing simple web pages, sometimes...
  3. Windows freezing a lot.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows freezing a lot.: When I'm in Firefox or Chrome, Windows explorer freezes a lot.I'll notice the clock is frozen minutes don't advance. And shortly there after, I can't search for anything in the windows search bar, nor open explorer.Sometimes I'll be viewing simple web pages, sometimes...
  4. A lot of updates have appeared on Windows 11 and I can't install them

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A lot of updates have appeared on Windows 11 and I can't install them: I've already asked this question on windows support subreddit, but the guy who was trying to help me wasn't able to help. I can't link images so in the end of the text i'll leave a google drive link with images of our dialogue and the post itself. The error code is 0x80004002...
  5. A lot of updates have appeared on Windows 11 and I can't install them

A lot of updates have appeared on Windows 11 and I can't install them: I've already asked this question on windows support subreddit, but the guy who was trying to help me wasn't able to help. I can't link images so in the end of the text i'll leave a google drive link with images of our dialogue and the post itself. The error code is 0x80004002...
  6. Windows 10 freezing a lot.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 freezing a lot.: This started either in October or August of 2021.Ever since then, there will be a 3 or 4 day period when Windows explorer freezes. I can tell this has happened because the clock is stuck at an old time.When this happens, sometimes I can still use some apps for a little while...
  7. Windows 10 freezing a lot.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 freezing a lot.: This started either in October or August of 2021.Ever since then, there will be a 3 or 4 day period when Windows explorer freezes. I can tell this has happened because the clock is stuck at an old time.When this happens, sometimes I can still use some apps for a little while...
  8. Windows 10 freezing a lot.

9. Flight Simulator installation failures.....lots of them.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flight Simulator installation failures.....lots of them.: I am now on the 3rd day attempting to install MS Flight Simulator. I have solved numerous issues on my own, but the latest one I have not been able to solve. Currently stuck in the Installation Manager trying to decompress a package. It has been on this for 17-18 hours. I...
  10. errors a lot of them

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    errors a lot of them: so where to start i have new pc build and have few erros few of them in microshop shop some in microsoft defender and lot of games cant be installet bcs somethink always corrupt them i think its proble in windows update i wriste some of errors windows leanguage i have error...