Windows 10: A lot of critical events in Event log

Discus and support A lot of critical events in Event log in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; How do I find out what is causing these events? Computer runs fine. Never crashes. Shuts down Windows just fine, yet I get these logs every time I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by PatrickWoehl, Aug 27, 2022.

1. A lot of critical events in Event log

How do I find out what is causing these events? Computer runs fine. Never crashes. Shuts down Windows just fine, yet I get these logs every time I start or restart computer. What is causing it?Error 41: The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

:)

PatrickWoehl, Aug 27, 2022
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Error in Event Viewer

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

As you have mentioned, you have performed a repair installation on the computer and you see Event 508, 510 and 533 in Event Viewer.

I would like to inform that if you see any critical error in Event Viewer, please share the event logs with us to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps. Please follow the steps mentioned below to share the event logs:

1. Press Windows + X from the keyboard, select
      Event Viewer.
    2. Expand Windows Logs from the left pane and select
      Applications.
    3. Click Filter Current Log from extreme right pane. Then in the new windows check the box beside
      Error and click OK.
    4. Now, look for a critical Error in the list and note down the message/information from the
      General Tab in the lower section.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Aug 27, 2022
  3. strings44 Win User
    Critical event of failure of StartMenuExperienceHost.exe

I followed the steps that you mentioned but still the problem is present in the critical events

strings44, Aug 27, 2022
  4. XVI
    xvi Win User

A lot of critical events in Event log

NTFS Compression on Event Logs

Anyone ever try doing NTFS compression on their Error Logs?
    It's all text, so it should compress pretty well.

A lot of critical events in Event log NTFSCompressEventLog.png

A lot of critical events in Event log NTFSCompressProperties.png

Anyone else try this? I suppose it's only useful in server-land when you have huge event logs..

To compress:
    Run services.msc
    Find Event Log and set to "Disabled"
    Reboot
    Go to c:\windows\system32\config
    NTFS Compress anything that ends in .evt
    Run services.msc
    Find Event Log and set to "Automatic"
    Reboot

Thema:

A lot of critical events in Event log

1. A lot of critical events in Event log - Similar Threads - lot critical events

2. event logs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    event logs: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ah4RDmoZkWcwgiUIWZvXksrjZWex?e=takR8H follow this link and investagate the event logs please include some form of contact info and a brief discussion as to what you suspect is wrong and how it can be fixed thanks....
  3. Critical Events

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Critical Events: I need help with this problem...Out of the blue no pun intended I started getting random, sporadic, shut-downs... Start-up can be a series of many 10+ attempts to get to the stage the motherboard screen appears... It has periods of stability - the last period lasted a few...
  4. Critical Events

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Critical Events: I need help with this problem...Out of the blue no pun intended I started getting random, sporadic, shut-downs... Start-up can be a series of many 10+ attempts to get to the stage the motherboard screen appears... It has periods of stability - the last period lasted a few...
  5. Critical Events

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. A lot of critical events in Event log

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A lot of critical events in Event log: How do I find out what is causing these events? Computer runs fine. Never crashes. Shuts down Windows just fine, yet I get these logs every time I start or restart computer. What is causing it?Error 41: The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error...
  7. Critical reboot Event 41 after random trigger of Event 12 [With Log]

Critical reboot Event 41 after random trigger of Event 12 [With Log]: Hello, In the last few months I've experienced a few random shutdowns of my system. In the event log we can notice the reboot sequence starts once the Event 12 randomly fires up despite the device has been already running for some time. This is the log: For reference, check...
  8. Event Logs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Event Logs: Is there an event log that shows adding and removing dates of devices - computers, printers, etc from computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/event-logs/27a9283c-9d25-47d8-8e1b-0c04e7f4357e
  9. Event 6008, Event Log.

Event 6008, Event Log.: Hi , I found my PC in the restart condition and when I checked the logs I found Event 6008. Message displayed " The previous system shutdown at 17:45:34 on 10/09/2019 was unexpected". Log Name: System Logged 10/09/2019 18:21:15. etc.. Please check attached image....
  10. Missing Events in Event log?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Missing Events in Event log?: Hi so I notice that sometimes when I do a system diagnostics report I get the message of missing events in event log. I do at times clear my events from event log after a long time but is this something to be concerned about? I did clear application and system event logs...