Windows 10: A lot of problems with my PC, probably related to win 10 (help)

Discus and support A lot of problems with my PC, probably related to win 10 (help) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello I hope you are having a good day. to start, i[ll tell you that my understanding of computers is limited (i´m not an ignorant but not a mega geek... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/cesarlaforet, Oct 7, 2020.

1. A lot of problems with my PC, probably related to win 10 (help)

Hello I hope you are having a good day. to start, i[ll tell you that my understanding of computers is limited (i´m not an ignorant but not a mega geek neither) and I use my computer mostly for office applications, digital art and some minor gaming.

The problem is that my computer is running a lot of minor issues that are making me wasting a lot of time. first the "welcome screen", when I hit the enter key in order to introduce my password, it takes beetween 30 secs and 50 secs for the password screen to pop up. ok, next, the Wifi always says "connected, no internet connection" and I have to always turn it off and on for it to work. lastly some basic programs, like Word take about 20 to 30 secs to open while games and drawing apps open instantly.

I know what some may say, buy a SSD. and yes i really want to, but i think this is not a problem with the speed of my hdd drive since my mom´s computer, which is only used for office applications, works perfectly; The welcome screen instantly responds, the programs open right away and her wifi is fine. and belive me, that pc should be considered a museum piece.

so with that said this has to be a problem with my windows, any idea of what could be causing all of this. My windows is updated, as well as my drivers. I mean, I take care of she =).

anyway, thanks in advance for all your inconditional help.

submitted by /u/cesarlaforet
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/cesarlaforet, Oct 7, 2020
  2. davidhk Win User

A number of problems, probably related

I agree with what you said...... " reinstalling Windows or upgrading to a newer build (while keeping all the settings and files) are not solving the problem".

Gabriel Aul said Build 10586 ISO will be released in a few days.
    My suggestion is to wait for the ISO and use it to do a Clean Install....... keep nothing, start fresh.

Of course, if you have not deleted the $Windows.~BT from your C: drive, you can use its esd file, convert it to an iso file, burn it to a bootable DVD or USB and then do a clean install.

A lot of problems with my PC, probably related to win 10 (help) [​IMG]

davidhk, Oct 7, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    win 10 audio problem. laptop probably.

Hi,

It is possible that your audio is not working properly due to corrupted/outdated drivers or hardware problems. To efficiently assist you, we'd like to gather more information:

• What is the build and version of your Windows 10?
    • Have you tried updating your computer?
    • Since you've mentioned that no speakers or headphones work to fix the sound the sound icon, does that mean when you connect any speakers and headphones there's no sound?
    • Are you getting any error messages when connecting a speaker and headphone?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this article on how to troubleshoot sound problem.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Oct 7, 2020
  4. A lot of problems with my PC, probably related to win 10 (help)

Need help with new Gaming rig build

System Builder

Yes, your Antec will handle the 1080 Ti cards with no problem
    Pick your own case, or at least pick a few you like the look of and let us make suggestions from that. Case selection has a lot to do with your personal taste.
    Honestly, I suggest lowering your budget and going with either a 6 core or 8 core CPU. You probably don't need or will ever use a 10 core to it's full potential, so this would probably be a more suitable build for you- System Builder . but the money was in the budget so......

BarbaricSoul, Oct 7, 2020
Thema:

A lot of problems with my PC, probably related to win 10 (help)

1. A lot of problems with my PC, probably related to win 10 (help) - Similar Threads - lot problems probably

2. BSOD Errors probably related to SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD Errors probably related to SSD: Have experienced twice a BSOD in during the evening, both time i can find hints that SSD driver? could be involved. Please help understangind the dump files and finding and fixing the cuase of this error. Copying content from one of the crash dumps:************ Preparing the...
  3. BSOD Errors probably related to SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Errors probably related to SSD: Have experienced twice a BSOD in during the evening, both time i can find hints that SSD driver? could be involved. Please help understangind the dump files and finding and fixing the cuase of this error. Copying content from one of the crash dumps:************ Preparing the...
  4. Startup Problem - possibly Win 10 related?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Startup Problem - possibly Win 10 related?: Since three days ago, every time I restart (or start from cold) the laptop, I get a black screen with an error text message on a blue background. Looks like something related to BIOS, but I am a bit clueless when it comes to the nitty-gritty of hardware. The error message...
  5. Real Problem - Probably with Win 10 Settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Real Problem - Probably with Win 10 Settings: If got an exasperating problem. First I thought it was my LibreOffice. Open a spreadsheet and it opens it at cell AMJ3293 (or whatever the bottom far right number is).Scroll to the far left and I can see my spreadsheet, but it won't stay there. It wants to keep going back to...
  6. Probably **** up my Win 10 installation ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Probably **** up my Win 10 installation ?: Hey guys, I have a little problem, that I dont know how to fix. I tried to install Windows cleanly on my PC in March, but apparently i **** up my Partitions on my my C HDD and D SSD drives. While Windows is installed on C, D still has a complete version of Win aswell...
  7. some probably related power issues

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    some probably related power issues: I've been having a few different problems with my computer since a hardware upgrade. the first problem I have been having is my computer takes 2 attempts to boot. example situation: wake up in the morning, turn computer on. BIOS posts, windows 10 logo appears, but fades to...
  8. [Help] Game related problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [Help] Game related problems: Just a few days ago, I did a reset on my laptop (Reinstallation of windows) to clear up space and fix a resolution issue I had. After the reset, I continued on redownloading my games, applications, etc. But when I played my games, I realized something, my games would have...
  9. Probably OLE problem - win 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Probably OLE problem - win 10: In quite new Windows 10 pro PL installation I noticed several problems: 1. In Outlook 10, when clicking attachment in an email or a Clip icon (attach file) - program hangs; dragging attachments out or disk files into Outlook works normally. 2. Similary in Word and Excel...
  10. A number of problems, probably related

in Windows 10 Support
    A number of problems, probably related: I am facing the following problems: 1. Cannot start windows defender real-time protection: Shows error code 0x800705b4 (attached) All options in Settings are unavailable (attached) 2. Cannot start Malwarebyte Antimalware real-time protection Said "access denied"...