Windows 10: A lot of windows functions stopped working

Discus and support A lot of windows functions stopped working in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I use Windows 11 on Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Gen6. For the past two weeks I have not been able to use a lot of windows functions:- start menu on click the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Miłosz Taranowicz, Nov 24, 2022.

1. A lot of windows functions stopped working

I use Windows 11 on Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Gen6. For the past two weeks I have not been able to use a lot of windows functions:- start menu on click the icon highlights as if it was open, but nothing happens- windows settings- windows update I can see update icon on the toolbar, but clicking on it doesn't do anything- choosing display settings from context menu shows error: "ms-settings:display" This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. Please install an app or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Apps Settings page. - menus

:)

Miłosz Taranowicz, Nov 24, 2022

2. Asus Zenbook UX305 touchpad multitouch functions stopped working.

Asus Zenbook UX305 touchpad multitouch functions stopped working. I suspect windows update cause problem. Any suggestions to solve. Asus helpdesk ask me to reinstall windows. But I cannot as lot of data is in the PC. Appriciate help if some one can suggest
    to resolve.

SrinivasGarrepally, Nov 24, 2022
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Nov 24, 2022
  4. Aceman.au Win User

A lot of windows functions stopped working

Sennheiser GSP 350. Microphone stops working when I open any game

Wow, ok. I think I've fixed it by accident while fiddling around.

It appears to be the Realtek audio being the issue here. I don't use my onboard sound card as my headset is a USB headset only and my speakers are plugged into an ASUS sound card.

Step by step fix:
    • I went into recording devices
    • I enabled STEREO MIX (Realtek High Definition Audio)
    • Then I set that Stereo Mix as the DEFAULT DEVICE (At this point it took over both input and output devices without my permission )
    • Then set my Sennheiser headset as default recording and playback devices in their respective windows even though they both still said they were the default devices when they weren't
    Headset microphone is currently functioning while in game now. I'll update the thread if it goes again. Should I completely disable Realtek audio??? Or will windows just force it to work again?

Aceman.au, Nov 24, 2022
Thema:

A lot of windows functions stopped working

1. A lot of windows functions stopped working - Similar Threads - lot functions stopped

2. Windows function automatically working, how to stop it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows function automatically working, how to stop it.: My Dell laptop windows 8 , has gone crazy ! My windows function key is automatically working without even pressing. My laptop is going from windows to desktop and back to windows and repeat for split seconds without pressing anything. This happens for a couple of minutes...
  3. Windows function automatically working, how to stop it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows function automatically working, how to stop it.: My Dell laptop windows 8 , has gone crazy ! My windows function key is automatically working without even pressing. My laptop is going from windows to desktop and back to windows and repeat for split seconds without pressing anything. This happens for a couple of minutes...
  4. All Windows functions stopped working completely

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    All Windows functions stopped working completely: All Windows functions stopped working completely. Start button/menu, search bar, all Windows file icons, recycling bin etc are all not opening error when trying to open file icon says "no such interface supported". Unable to try any of the suggestions I've found on the...
  5. A lot of windows functions stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A lot of windows functions stopped working: I use Windows 11 on Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Gen6. For the past two weeks I have not been able to use a lot of windows functions:- start menu on click the icon highlights as if it was open, but nothing happens- windows settings- windows update I can see update icon on the toolbar,...
  6. Multiple Windows functions stopped working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multiple Windows functions stopped working: Greetings to all of you, I was simply changing the ownership of Local Disk C to my current user account, in order to grant myself all the permissions I need although the account is ADMIN type, but since an update occured a lot of months ago, my admin privileges got damaged,...
  7. Windows 10 search function stops working

in Cortana
    Windows 10 search function stops working: After upgrading from Windows 7 to windows 10 2004, when trying to use the search function a blank window opens. No search box, nothing. I have discovered that if at that point I hit my backspace key, the search function window will show all the normal features and the search...
  8. Keyboard function stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard function stopped working: Earlier this evening I must have had something sitting on top of my keyboard on my desktop Windows 10 PRO PC. My wife and I heard some beeps and tones. When later I went to type something, nothing happened. I use wireless USB keyboards. I thought the batteries died, so I...
  9. Can't login on Windows 10 + a lot of functions not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't login on Windows 10 + a lot of functions not working: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/mariadias8 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gmw4yb/cant_login_on_windows_10_a_lot_of_functions_not/
  10. Windows 10 bluetooth function stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 bluetooth function stopped working: Hello, I've used bluetooth devices successfully with my laptop for years until today. Suddenly, my headphones can no longer reconnect (although they can connect to my phone fine). This happened once as I walked out of the room and my headphones disconnected from the laptop,...