Windows 10: A lot of windows Powershells tasks appears in task manger and sometimes it start using all...

Discus and support A lot of windows Powershells tasks appears in task manger and sometimes it start using all... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; YES, I restarted my pc... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Zo RooR, Feb 2, 2023.

1. Zo RooR Win User

A lot of windows Powershells tasks appears in task manger and sometimes it start using all...

YES, I restarted my pc

:)

Zo RooR, Feb 2, 2023
  2. Mark Isi Win User

PowerShell randomly poping-up in tool bar

Hello,

Just to verify, do you have any scheduled tasks that uses Powershell? Scheduled tasks makes Powershell window appear periodically on your computer, therefore we suggest that you check the Task Scheduler. Here are the steps:

• Click on Start.
    • In the search bar, type Task Scheduler and click on

Task Scheduler
      in the results.
    • Under Active Tasks, check for any tasks that use Powershell and the scheduled time.

If the issue still persist, we suggest that you run a Windows Defender scan to see if it will pick up any malware that the first scan missed.

Let us know the outcome.

Mark Isi, Feb 2, 2023
  3. Fabler2 Win User
    Core Temp in Task Manger ...

I use Open Hardware Monitor and that does not show up under the start-up tab either. It's set as a task in task scheduler.

A lot of windows Powershells tasks appears in task manger and sometimes it start using all... 304829d1604513066t-core-temp-task-manger-screenshot_1.png

Fabler2, Feb 2, 2023
  4. Gino Des Win User

A lot of windows Powershells tasks appears in task manger and sometimes it start using all...

Windows powershell randomly popping up.

Hi Fabian,

Scheduled tasks that use Powershell can cause the Powershell window to appear periodically on your computer. We suggest that you check the Task Scheduler.

• Click on Start.
    • In the search bar, type Task Scheduler and click on
      Task Scheduler
      in the results.
    • Under Active Tasks, check for any tasks that use Powershell and the scheduled time.

Malware can also cause this issue. We suggest that you use Windows Defender or a third-party security software to scan your system.

Keep us updated with the results.

Gino Des, Feb 2, 2023
Thema:

1. A lot of windows Powershells tasks appears in task manger and sometimes it start using all... - Similar Threads - lot Powershells tasks

2. 100's of Windows Problem reporting tasks in task manger

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    100's of Windows Problem reporting tasks in task manger: There are 100s of tasks in the task manger that all say the same thing. This is the second time this has happening in two days. I am updated on windows update and this laptop is less than 1 week old. I am running windows 11 and have not yet installed or removed any programs...
  3. A lot of windows Powershells tasks appears in task manger and sometimes it start using all...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A lot of windows Powershells tasks appears in task manger and sometimes it start using all...: YES, I restarted my pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-lot-of-windows-powershells-tasks-appears-in-task/199b8496-5c2a-42b2-a8db-9e3bf6b0c605
  4. A lot of windows Powershells tasks appears in task manger and sometimes it start using all...

A lot of windows Powershells tasks appears in task manger and sometimes it start using all...: YES, I restarted my pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-lot-of-windows-powershells-tasks-appears-in-task/199b8496-5c2a-42b2-a8db-9e3bf6b0c605
  5. Virus using all memory and CPU in task manger

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Virus using all memory and CPU in task manger: So i recently got a virus on my laptop which seems to clone windows in my task manger which is taking up all the memory and CPU. Like when i open a program, the task manger will show that i have opened 2 programs. When i open a tab on chrome, the task manger will show that i...
  6. Task Manger Not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task Manger Not working: [ATTACH] Hello, I am a user of Windows 10 My Task Manger is showing nothing for the past 10 days https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-manger-not-working/7388652c-aaf7-43fd-a191-bf66f4fc471f
  7. Core Temp in Task Manger ...

Core Temp in Task Manger ...: I use Core Temp. I have configured it so it starts with Windows. I expect to see it in the Task Manager's start tab, it's not there. Any thoughts? -thx 167713
  8. what is this task? it sometimes uses a lot of memore and cpu.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    what is this task? it sometimes uses a lot of memore and cpu.: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/m6qcg0fijey41.png?width=664&format=png&auto=webp&s=2cbf72ba3b44c846080e21047e974b8b5f5aee79 submitted by /u/RedditPoser_69 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gikuk3/what_is_this_task_it_sometimes_uses_a_lot_of/
  9. Task Manger Network Utilization

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Task Manger Network Utilization: Hi, what is the time window on which Network Utilization is calculated? is it 1sec? Can i find the peak rate in e.g. 1msec resolution? i believe it will help me determine if i need to move from my current 100MbE to a 1GbE link? Thanks...
  10. Task manger process

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Task manger process: Hi.I have process called search (2) that have 2 process under it.it does not have icon.when I right click on it shows cortana path.is it possible cortana process show itself search process?...