Windows 10: A low memory msg and a win crash on a Dell laptop

Discus and support A low memory msg and a win crash on a Dell laptop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; 1st off this is still on the same Dell Inspiron 15-3541 laptop OS Win 10 Home 32bit. Before I get into the latest problem. This laptop is having... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by reble, Sep 2, 2019.

1. reble Win User

A low memory msg and a win crash on a Dell laptop

1st off this is still on the same Dell Inspiron 15-3541 laptop OS Win 10 Home 32bit.
    Before I get into the latest problem. This laptop is having issues with a buzz in the sound and the USB ports are acting up, in the fact that none of the USB flash drives or the HDD in the external USB case are seen by the laptop, when the drives are plugged in after the laptop has booted and the desktop is up and running. The only way to get the laptop to see the flash drives and the HDD is to reboot the laptop with the flash drives and the HDD plugged in. Then the laptop sees the flash drives and the HDD.

Now for current problem. I don't know if the laptop is infected with something. I am getting win error reports of "low memory", "zaar.exe error message", And "close prog's, low memory". See screen capture pictures bellow. This is driving me nuts. I am about ready to pull the internal 500gb HDD and smash the laptop with a hammer and Wait until Tue and buy an other good used laptop from my friend that runs the local pawn shop. He only takes in the newest and best conduction laptop's, towers and tablets. Also sometimes Win just stop's working and freezes then put's up the blank screen with only the blue back light, and the only thing to do is hit the power button, turn the laptop completely off and reboot. 1 other thing. Firefox just crashed and I almost lost everything that I had just typed. I had just saved all of this that I typed to a text file just before the crash. So all I had to do is past in the text and reload the pictures.

PS: Firefox just crashed again just after I hit the post button

Steve

:)

reble, Sep 2, 2019
  2. djangowo Win User

Memory Low - Suddenly Appearing On Win 10 & Crashing My PC

Am getting a Memory Low message - Suddenly Appearing On Win 10 & Crashing My PC

• I have used the same number of apps open previously without a problem
    • I have performed a test for RAM flaws

There is no help on the Win 10 page for this issue that I can see.

Is there a way to increase virtual memory recommended by MS [not a 3rd party].

thanks

djangowo, Sep 2, 2019
  3. Low on memory???

Hi,

Programs using too much memory and possible infection are a few of the factors that can trigger a Low on memory warning in Windows 10. We suggest running the
    System Maintenance Troubleshooter. This will automatically detect issues that might affect system performance. Follow the steps below:

• Type Troubleshooting in Search.
    • Select Troubleshooting Control Panel.
    • Click View all.
    • Click System Maintenance.
    • Hit Next.

Let us know if you need additional assistance.

Kristine Arp, Sep 2, 2019
  4. A low memory msg and a win crash on a Dell laptop

New Laptop constantly low on memory.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you receive low memory error even though it has 8 gb of RAM. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

This issue may arise due to:

Corruptions in Windows components, Ram not accessing its full capacity, multiple files opened on the computer etc.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to run
    System Maintenance troubleshooter finds and clean up

unused files and shortcuts and performs maintenance tasks.

• Press Windows key and type Troubleshooting.
      • Select Troubleshooting and hit Enter.
      • Click on View all in the left pane of the window.
      • Select System Maintenance.
    Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

If the issue still persists, I suggest you to check if the computer is using its full memory.

• Press Windows key + R and type msconfig.
    • Go to Advance options and check if you have choosen use Maximum memory.
    • If not, I suggest you to place a check mark, restart the computer and check if that helps.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Sep 2, 2019
Thema:

A low memory msg and a win crash on a Dell laptop

1. A low memory msg and a win crash on a Dell laptop - Similar Threads - low memory msg

2. Dell G15 gaming laptop crashes and has 0 video memory?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell G15 gaming laptop crashes and has 0 video memory?: Help me please fix 0 video memory on my sons Dell G15 gaming laptop ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dell-g15-gaming-laptop-crashes-and-has-0-video/c3855865-e962-4811-9101-26f11fcfc3d1
  3. Dell G15 gaming laptop crashes and has 0 video memory?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dell G15 gaming laptop crashes and has 0 video memory?: Help me please fix 0 video memory on my sons Dell G15 gaming laptop ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dell-g15-gaming-laptop-crashes-and-has-0-video/c3855865-e962-4811-9101-26f11fcfc3d1
  4. Low memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Low memory: I bought the laptop with 8GB RAM out of which 2GB was already dedicated to the iGPU, so obviously, I would expect the performance of what a 6GB RAM laptop would provide me, but:My laptop barely has any bloatware or a bunch of startup apps, Firefox which I am using right now...
  5. Low memory

Low memory: I bought the laptop with 8GB RAM out of which 2GB was already dedicated to the iGPU, so obviously, I would expect the performance of what a 6GB RAM laptop would provide me, but:My laptop barely has any bloatware or a bunch of startup apps, Firefox which I am using right now...
  6. memory low

in Windows 10 Gaming
    memory low: hi microsoft i need help i have low memory on my laptop and have just taken a screenshot of treesizenow i don't want to remove any unnecessary files or folders? so i need suggestions really in what to remove and what not to remove there is a file called something page.sys now...
  7. memory low

memory low: hi microsoft i need help i have low memory on my laptop and have just taken a screenshot of treesizenow i don't want to remove any unnecessary files or folders? so i need suggestions really in what to remove and what not to remove there is a file called something page.sys now...
  8. memory low

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. low on memory

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    low on memory: my computer tells me I have low memory but trying free up memory doesn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/low-on-memory/0d2b9a02-e861-4815-a0ec-8bc68480ebb8"
  10. Crashes, Low memory Warnings after changing Virtual Memory settings

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Crashes, Low memory Warnings after changing Virtual Memory settings: Hello, I've been experiencing sluggish performance, browsers were laggy and non responsive after having many tabs. I found that the solution to improve performance was to change Virtual Memory values and disable "paging file size" for all drives. Now the computer...