Windows 10: A malware locked my PC

Discus and support A malware locked my PC in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My computer was blocked so I couldnt use it. Said there was malware and gave a microsoft number to call. How do I know this isnt a scam?[Original... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DianeNorman, Feb 17, 2022.

1. A malware locked my PC

My computer was blocked so I couldnt use it. Said there was malware and gave a microsoft number to call. How do I know this isnt a scam?[Original Title: Microsoft Help]

:)

DianeNorman, Feb 17, 2022

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Feb 17, 2022
  3. Malware getting a bit extreme?

another reason to lock your PC when you step out or away. lock it and have a strong password.

remixedcat, Feb 17, 2022
  4. A malware locked my PC

Best way to remove problem Malware

Hi There,

I am trying to remove a bundle of Malware without success.

There is a bundle of listed programs which I try to uninstall through the typical Control Panel effort, but they remain listed there:

Buenosearch Toolbar
    MyPC Backup
    PC Performer
    Speed Test 127
    UnknownFile

I was looking at this weblink which provides a 5 step process for Buenosearch alone:
    http://malwaretips.com/blogs/remove-bueno-search/

Not sure how much certain guides can be trusted. One of the first things I read was to download Revo Uninstaller, and I've not heard of it so I'm not sure if it's trustworthy..........

radioraheem, Feb 17, 2022
Thema:

A malware locked my PC

1. A malware locked my PC - Similar Threads - malware locked

2. I want to speak to someone about my computer screen locking up from malware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to speak to someone about my computer screen locking up from malware: I was doing educational research and my screen locked up saying it was infected to contact Microsoft. But that is not possible as no one will answer the phone and the VR does not understand and hangs up every minutes and a half....
  3. I want to speak to someone about my computer screen locking up from malware

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to speak to someone about my computer screen locking up from malware: I was doing educational research and my screen locked up saying it was infected to contact Microsoft. But that is not possible as no one will answer the phone and the VR does not understand and hangs up every minutes and a half....
  4. Locked anti malware service executable by TrustedInstaller

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Locked anti malware service executable by TrustedInstaller: Hi.the anti malware service executable makes my computer very slow. I have tried to follow every step in the following guide https://windowsreport.com/kill-antimalware-service-executable-windows-10/ to stop it but it doesnt work.my last resort was to try to manually delete...
  5. Locked anti malware service executable by TrustedInstaller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked anti malware service executable by TrustedInstaller: Hi.the anti malware service executable makes my computer very slow. I have tried to follow every step in the following guide https://windowsreport.com/kill-antimalware-service-executable-windows-10/ to stop it but it doesnt work.my last resort was to try to manually delete...
  6. Locked anti malware service executable by TrustedInstaller

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Rootkit/malware screen of death. If you see this lock screen, you are infected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Rootkit/malware screen of death. If you see this lock screen, you are infected: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/goldeneyexbox [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/p20n8p/rootkitmalware_screen_of_death_if_you_see_this/
  8. How do I remove a lock permission malware file

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I remove a lock permission malware file: My system recently got infected by malware, I managed to disinfect most of the malwares using Kaspersky but my PC isn't at a clear state yet, I then use HitmanPro to scan all of the left over malware files which Kaspersky hasn't been able to detect and then it stumble upon...
  9. Screen randomly says “Locking”, is this malware?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen randomly says “Locking”, is this malware?: My laptop locked out of nowhere. The monitor will not turn on and when I plug it in to charge, the light doesn’t turn on. Is my computer screwed?...
  10. Files "Locked" and Cannot Backup or Delete After Malware Incident

in Windows 10 Support
    Files "Locked" and Cannot Backup or Delete After Malware Incident: Hi, I recently had a malware incident that forced me to restore a system image - however, I failed to realize that restoring the system image would not restore data stored in C:\Users\myname Once the system image was restored and I realized that I should probably include...