Windows 10: A media driver your computer needs is missing + complaints during ISO flash about missing...

Discus and support A media driver your computer needs is missing + complaints during ISO flash about missing... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, when booting from USB I get the follow error: "A media driver your computer needs is missing." I have tried several things including: Flashing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by IDont have name, Mar 6, 2021.

1. A media driver your computer needs is missing + complaints during ISO flash about missing...

Hello, when booting from USB I get the follow error: "A media driver your computer needs is missing." I have tried several things including:

• Flashing the USB drive with a new ISO
    • Using a different USB drive
    • Using a different computer with both USB drives
    • Using different tools to get the ISO on the USB drive including: dd, cp and Etcher
    • Switching USB ports

I am currently running a Linux system so I don't have access to the normal tool for creating an installation medium, I am instead redirected to this site https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10ISO. I am wondering if this is the correct ISO, before booting is says to press any key to boot from CD, which makes me a bit suspicious. Also when using etcher to flash the ISO onto a USB drive it complains that it isn't a bootable image due to it missing a partition table, further making me think that this ISO is wrong in some way.

Also I tried formatting my USB drives to both ntfs and FAT32 but it just changes to udf when flashed with the ISO, so I don't know if that is an issue.

If anyone has and clue about what I'm doing wrong and how to fix it I'd much appreciate it!

:)

IDont have name, Mar 6, 2021

2. A media driver your computer needs is missing HELP!!

Hi Jimmy,

In most cases, this issue is caused by a corrupted ISO file.

We suggest following the troubleshooting steps on this article.
    It will give you information and resolution about the issue.

Feel free to post back if you have other concern.

Gerard Qui, Mar 6, 2021
  3. Bootable USB with ISO - What am I missing?

Have you copied all the files from the ISO to the flash drive? I can't see that step.

After step 10. (after formatting and making it the active partition)

Copy files from the ISO to flash drive.

Open CMD as administrator.

navigate to the flash drive, lets call it drive Z and type in the following commands.
    Z:
    cd boot
    bootsect.exe /nt60 z:
    exit

Then try again.

slyfox2151, Mar 6, 2021
  4. A media driver your computer needs is missing + complaints during ISO flash about missing...

Can't update from W7 to W10 using iso file on DVD: 'missing media driver'

Hi Boblden,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps & checks if the issue persists.

This issue might occur for the following reasons:

• The installation DVD is removed during the setup process.
    • A low-quality DVD was used to create the installation DVD.
    • The speed at which the installation DVD was burned was too fast.
    • The DVD drive cannot read the media.
    • The ISO file is corrupted.
    Refer to the help article and check if it helps:

"A required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing" or "A media driver your computer needs is missing" error message when you install Windows

"A media driver your computer needs is missing" or "A required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing" error message when you install Windows

I would suggest you to follow the below link provided by the Andre de Costa.

Problem with upgrade from W7 to W10 - BSOD Second_Boot & wdf01000.sys

Hope this helps, if the issue persists do reply us we will be more than happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Mar 6, 2021
Thema:

A media driver your computer needs is missing + complaints during ISO flash about missing...

1. A media driver your computer needs is missing + complaints during ISO flash about missing... - Similar Threads - media driver computer

2. "A media driver your computer needs is missing"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "A media driver your computer needs is missing": I have Ubuntu 22.04 installed for a temporary substitute.I used my Balena Etcher on my Macbook to flash the windows 11 iso file into my usb. I plugged into the computer.I clicked on "Install now""A media driver your computer needs is missing. This could be a DVD, USB or Hard...
  3. "A media driver your computer needs is missing."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "A media driver your computer needs is missing.": ..."This could be a DVD, USB or Hard disk driver. If you have a CD, DVD or USB flash drive with the driver on it, please insert it now.Note: If the installation media for Windows is in the DVD drive or on a USB drive, you can safely remove it for this step."This is the...
  4. A media driver your computer needs is missing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    A media driver your computer needs is missing: Recently my windows 10 install broke on windows update, figured it's probably time to reinstall instead of fixing it so I download the iso from microsoft (windows 10 2004), it installs fine under a VM, the ISO appears to work. so I write the image to my usb stick using dd:...
  5. media driver your computer needs is missing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    media driver your computer needs is missing: Hello, I recently just built a new pc and bought windows to download onto it. I used a usb flash drive to install windows from my laptop so that I could insert the drive into my pc and download windows. When doing this I get an error message on my newly built pc that a drive...
  6. A Media Driver Your Computer Needs Is Missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    A Media Driver Your Computer Needs Is Missing: Hey, I put in a computer not long ago. I wanted to install Windows on it today. It would seem nothing simpler. I have never had problems with it until today. I don't know how to fix it. I tried installing drivers for SSD on m.2 straight from the motherboard manufacturer's...
  7. A Media Driver your computer needs is missing.

A Media Driver your computer needs is missing.: [ATTACH]Hello, everyone. A couple of days in the past I ran into a problem. Like what the subject said. A media my computer needs is missing. I tried looking thos problem up but nothing worked. I tried reinstalling the ISO FILE(windows 10 64bit). Put in all of my USB ports....
  8. Media Driver that Your Computer Needs are missing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Media Driver that Your Computer Needs are missing: When i tried to install Windows, i Hit install now, selected my language and then i got the Error Message: Media Driver that Your Computer Needs are missing My Specs: Asus x470 pro, AMD ryzen 5 2600x, Asus arez strix Vega 56 submitted by /u/maik_wst [link] [comments]...
  9. A media driver your computer needs is missing.

A media driver your computer needs is missing.: It says I need to plug a usb even tho its already plugged in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/a-media-driver-your-computer-needs-is-missing/de504c62-345c-4f08-aa0a-1d4435cebd6c
  10. A media driver your computer needs is missing.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    A media driver your computer needs is missing.: it says it cant detect the media driver even tho my usb is plugged in, any fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/a-media-driver-your-computer-needs-is-missing/0ae312ac-73b1-4e6d-9b7a-be503084f698