Windows 10: A Microsoft Scam

Discus and support A Microsoft Scam in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Last night I mistakenly downloaded a remotely monitoring executable file to my hard drive by a scam pretending to be from Microsoft. This morning I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by xiaodanqiu, Sep 20, 2020.

1. A Microsoft Scam

Last night I mistakenly downloaded a remotely monitoring executable file to my hard drive by a scam pretending to be from Microsoft. This morning I was able to remove it from my laptop, and to scan my hard drive by Microsoft security. Is my computer safe to this malware now?

:)

xiaodanqiu, Sep 20, 2020
  2. Smeed Win User
    Smeed, Sep 20, 2020
  3. BKHidkr Win User
    BKHidkr, Sep 20, 2020
  4. A Microsoft Scam

quietman7 - MVP, Sep 20, 2020
Thema:

A Microsoft Scam

1. A Microsoft Scam - Similar Threads - Microsoft Scam

2. How can I find out if I talk to an actual Microsoft employer or if they are part of scam

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I find out if I talk to an actual Microsoft employer or if they are part of scam: How can I tell if I am talking to an actual Microsoft security emplyee? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-find-out-if-i-talk-to-an-actual/82e790ac-4e93-4a13-b83d-5bcd1cad9b0f
  3. How can I find out if I talk to an actual Microsoft employer or if they are part of scam

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I find out if I talk to an actual Microsoft employer or if they are part of scam: How can I tell if I am talking to an actual Microsoft security emplyee? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-find-out-if-i-talk-to-an-actual/82e790ac-4e93-4a13-b83d-5bcd1cad9b0f
  4. I cannot submit a Microsoft Scam as their "Reporting a scam" function does not work.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I cannot submit a Microsoft Scam as their "Reporting a scam" function does not work.: It is very frustrating and shameful, that I am wasting time to report a scam so that other people deosn't get tricked, and their only way to report a scam doesn't work. I tried at least 20 times, it keeps saying the submission failed without the reason. All mandatory fields...
  5. I cannot submit a Microsoft Scam as their "Reporting a scam" function does not work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot submit a Microsoft Scam as their "Reporting a scam" function does not work.: It is very frustrating and shameful, that I am wasting time to report a scam so that other people deosn't get tricked, and their only way to report a scam doesn't work. I tried at least 20 times, it keeps saying the submission failed without the reason. All mandatory fields...
  6. I cannot submit a Microsoft Scam as their "Reporting a scam" function does not work.

7. Anyone get a bank scam after calling a fake Microsoft Security Helpline number?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Anyone get a bank scam after calling a fake Microsoft Security Helpline number?: I've seen other posts on here about fake security hotline numbers, but here's what happens when you call them.My dad was trying to pay a bill online and did not get very far, when all these pop ups started coming up on the computer saying "do not restart your computer" and...
  8. Anyone get a bank scam after calling a fake Microsoft Security Helpline number?

Anyone get a bank scam after calling a fake Microsoft Security Helpline number?: I've seen other posts on here about fake security hotline numbers, but here's what happens when you call them.My dad was trying to pay a bill online and did not get very far, when all these pop ups started coming up on the computer saying "do not restart your computer" and...
  9. Anyone get a bank scam after calling a fake Microsoft Security Helpline number?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  10. Is this a Microsoft Scam?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is this a Microsoft Scam?: I got this email a little while ago... is this a scam?Microsoft accountSecurity alertWe think that someone else might have accessed the Microsoft account wy***** Email address is removed for privacy ***. When this happens, we require you to verify your identity with a...