Windows 10: A microsoft technician damaged my computer by deleting system files and says we have to...

Discus and support A microsoft technician damaged my computer by deleting system files and says we have to... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Microsoft really botched there job. My computer, which is a model HP 14-ax010wm, had windows 10, but it did not have enough space to update until... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ivanvikingbear, Jan 27, 2019.

1. A microsoft technician damaged my computer by deleting system files and says we have to...

Microsoft really botched there job. My computer, which is a model HP 14-ax010wm, had windows 10, but it did not have enough space to update until recently when we used a flash drive to give it space. What happened recently though is that we discovered that it was so behind on updates, it was not able to process certain updates. Certain files and other mechanisms started to malfunction too so we decided to get Microsoft support to help. First I worked with Microsoft tech support from 9pm to 3am in December of last year to try to fix the issue with no avail. I also had to contact multiple tech support employees in that period because each kept leaving. It also took long to communicate and fix the issue due to Microsoft having "network issues." Here comes the real issue. I had my father work with the tech support since he knew much more about computers then I did. He worked with tech support for SEVEN hours straight and what happened was that the support turned a functional computer with small errors into a windows vista that had a SYSTEM ERROR pop up every second. The tech support was trying to download an application that will catch the computer up, but it did not have enough space. He decided it would be a wonderful idea to delete system 32 files. Applications such as file explorer, snipping tool, and others are basically inaccessible. Also the windows button does not work, many system features are missing, and certain websites do not load on the computer. The insult to injury though is that we have to PAY HP to give a copy of windows 10 to boot on the computer or we have to get a friend with another HP windows 10 to transfer there windows onto our computer with the help of tech support. I am massively annoyed from this since I use this computer for schoolwork and my Youtube channel. I would like Microsoft to actually fix my computer and apologize for destroying it. Otherwise, I am going to see Microsoft as a cynical money loving company that values money over people.

:)

Ivanvikingbear, Jan 27, 2019

2. Computer Technician Code of Ethics

Hey, Im writing a page for my coworkers that is to assist them with diagnosing and repairing computer problems over the phone. The first page of the site is going to be for Explaining the ethics of being a computer technician. The big thing here is to make sure that the agent understands the ethics of computers and that it is logical. Any suggestions?

I was thinking of obvious ones like : Never lie to the customer. Always make sure that the customer understands what you are doing....

Killer_Rubber_Ducky, Jan 27, 2019
  3. rwb1012 Win User
    Technician deleted my important files

Did you have a backup of these important files?

If not, you were always one hardware/software failure or one spilt cup of coffee away from disaster.

Why were you fired if it was not your fault? Was it because you had no backup to restore from?

Why was a technician on your system in the first place? What problem was he trying to solve? How did the files get deleted. I take it that the Windows Update occurred after the files were deleted and a second technician attempted to recover the files. It
    wasn't clear.

You will probably need to take legal and technical advice. If you can show Microsoft deleted the files, then you were fired unfairly.

rwb1012, Jan 27, 2019
  4. A microsoft technician damaged my computer by deleting system files and says we have to...

Technician deleted my important files

A technician from Level deleted my important files. Then he installed pirated Recuva software from pirate bay and suggested me not to talk on call by writing it in the text file. He couldn't recover the deleted data because previous night there was a windows update
    and the technician was aware of it. He offered me Microsoft 365 as compensation at that time. I was so blank that I refused it and disconnected the call. Because of this, I lost my job and reputation in the office. This case went to level 3 technician. They
    couldn't recover again. So the case went to investigate and finally they conclude after one month that they will offer Microsoft 365 as goodwill and wanted to close the case. I asked them to write about the case in email and send it to me. So that I can complain
    Microsoft. He denied to send it and today he is telling me that it can't be true that technician deleted the data. I am really not able to reach higher department other than T3. They are like fraud team. How could they offer me an software and don't accept
    their mistake? I feel something is going wrong as no one is monitoring them. The manager name is Arshad Khan. Also, I forgot to mention about the compensation I asked for, it was 15000EUR. As I lost my job because of the mistake was done by Microsoft. I requested
    my annual income and expenses for living in foreign country. How can I reach my case message to the higher authority? Every time I contact to complain. It reaches to the same team. I need help please,

Thanks & regards,

SACHIN NANJUNDA, Jan 27, 2019
Thema:

A microsoft technician damaged my computer by deleting system files and says we have to...

1. A microsoft technician damaged my computer by deleting system files and says we have to... - Similar Threads - microsoft technician damaged

2. Microsft Technician Deleted my Important files!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsft Technician Deleted my Important files!!: Hello, I contacted microsoft as i had a drive that was found in partition manager but could not access it. Once i got to customer support throught the "Get help" i explained that the data CANNOT be deleted, she wanted to connect to my pc to attempt to solve the issue at hand,...
  3. Microsft Technician Deleted my Important files!!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsft Technician Deleted my Important files!!: Hello, I contacted microsoft as i had a drive that was found in partition manager but could not access it. Once i got to customer support throught the "Get help" i explained that the data CANNOT be deleted, she wanted to connect to my pc to attempt to solve the issue at hand,...
  4. Microsft Technician Deleted my Important files!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Corrupt or Damaged System File?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupt or Damaged System File?: My Thinkpad laptop crashed, I got the BSOD. Restarting took much longer than usual, and the start button and taskbar icons are missing. What's left is very slow, and is mostly unresponsive. I can get into most files and programs through desktop shortcuts and a file manager....
  6. Corrupt or Damaged System File?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Corrupt or Damaged System File?: My Thinkpad laptop crashed, I got the BSOD. Restarting took much longer than usual, and the start button and taskbar icons are missing. What's left is very slow, and is mostly unresponsive. I can get into most files and programs through desktop shortcuts and a file manager....
  7. microsoft technician

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    microsoft technician: Hi Peeps This should be an easy question. Can someone please tell me do microsoft technicians still offer IT services to the public for a yearly subscription? If the answer is yea how do I find them to sign up? I want to start my own small business and wish to recruit...
  8. delete corrupted / damage / unreadable file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    delete corrupted / damage / unreadable file: Hello, I have some problems deleting a file, everytime I try to delete it, a message shows saying the file is corrupted and it is imposible to delete or move it. error code : 0x80070570. I need help, please....
  9. System Restore deleted or damaged the restore point

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Restore deleted or damaged the restore point: Hello: System Restore did not completed successfully. Your computer system files and settings were not changed. System Restore failed to extract the original copy of the Directory from the restore point. Source: %ProgramFiles%WindowsApps Destination: AppxStaging...
  10. Have had level 2 technicians promising to fix my system all week. We arrange tuime for...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Have had level 2 technicians promising to fix my system all week. We arrange tuime for...: I just need to talk to a level 2 technician. The case file number is SRX1441354061ID My system seems to be suffering multiple issues - none of which are resolved despite the repeated promises of technical support people. I was told on Friday the best bet was a complete...