Windows 10: A Microsoft update caused an exception thread error and now the laptop refuses to start up

Discus and support A Microsoft update caused an exception thread error and now the laptop refuses to start up in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; This had happened a thousand times but we still do not know how to get the laptop booted up. A Microsoft update caused an exception thread error and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by StinkingRegistrations, Jul 10, 2018.

1. A Microsoft update caused an exception thread error and now the laptop refuses to start up

This had happened a thousand times but we still do not know how to get the laptop booted up.

A Microsoft update caused an exception thread error and now the laptop refuses to start up.

Are Microsoft employing incompetnet minorities instead of competent people?

:)

StinkingRegistrations, Jul 10, 2018

2. System Thread Exception Not Handled?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

The System Thread Exception Not Handled error in Windows mostly occur due to incompatible or old graphics card drivers. System Thread Exception Not Handled error is often displayed along with the Blue Screen of Death

I suggest you to boot into Safe Mode environment and update your graphic drivers.

Method 1: Update drivers.

I suggest you to update graphic drivers and check if it helps. Follow the steps given below.

• Press Windows key + X key and click on
      Device manager.
    • Search for Display Adapters.
    • Right-click on the graphics
      card
      and click on Update driver software.

You may also download the latest graphic drivers from the manufacturer’s website and install them on your computer.

If the issue still persist, I suggest you to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check.

Method 2:

Follow the steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode.

• Download the drivers from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the installer and click on "Properties".
    • Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for” and select previous Operating System from the drop down.
    • Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further information, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jul 10, 2018
  3. System Thread Exception not handled

Hello Amila,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We regret for the inconvenience caused to you. We will assist you with this issue.

The SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED bug check has a value of 0x0000007E. This bug check indicates that a system thread generated an exception that the error handler did not catch.

We suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps:

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jul 10, 2018
  4. Mark Isi Win User

A Microsoft update caused an exception thread error and now the laptop refuses to start up

System thread exception not handled

Hi Cyrielle,

There may be a few reasons for this type of issue to occur. To further assess on the possible cause of this issue, kindly provide answers to the following information:

• When did this issue start to occur?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    • Does your laptop/PC have built-in Bluetooth receiver, or is it connected through a Bluetooth dongle?
    In the mean time, feel free to check out this link for steps on how to troubleshoot blue screen errors.
    Make sure to select the options that fits your scenario, and follow each the steps provided.

Keep us posted for updates regarding this issue.

Mark Isi, Jul 10, 2018
Thema:

A Microsoft update caused an exception thread error and now the laptop refuses to start up

1. A Microsoft update caused an exception thread error and now the laptop refuses to start up - Similar Threads - Microsoft update caused

2. BSOD: System Thread Exception Not Handled caused by ntoskrn.exe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD: System Thread Exception Not Handled caused by ntoskrn.exe: Hi, please tell me the reason this BSOD happened so I can fix it!! Dumps: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AmR-tlPFAhQ-8ncQTQaVK6T31QeL?e=McSUzfAlso, I am confused because the Crash Address is always from "ntoskrnl.exe" then some random letters and numbers, I am not sure if that's how it...
  3. BSOD: System Thread Exception Not Handled caused by ntoskrn.exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD: System Thread Exception Not Handled caused by ntoskrn.exe: Hi, please tell me the reason this BSOD happened so I can fix it!! Dumps: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AmR-tlPFAhQ-8ncQTQaVK6T31QeL?e=McSUzfAlso, I am confused because the Crash Address is always from "ntoskrnl.exe" then some random letters and numbers, I am not sure if that's how it...
  4. system thread exception not handled" error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    system thread exception not handled" error: For 4th time in same dayy laptop ran into system thread exception not handled error.Stop code SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED What failed Qcamain10x64 sys...
  5. system thread exception not handled" error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    system thread exception not handled" error: For 4th time in same dayy laptop ran into system thread exception not handled error.Stop code SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED What failed Qcamain10x64 sys...
  6. System Thread Exception Not Handled error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Thread Exception Not Handled error: Hi, so the past few days, I got an error called memory management error, and now this new error I got earlier called system thread exception not handled. What causes this error, and how to fix this. Attached below is the minidump...
  7. System Thread Exception Not Handled error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Thread Exception Not Handled error: Hi, so the past few days, I got an error called memory management error, and now this new error I got earlier called system thread exception not handled. What causes this error, and how to fix this. Attached below is the minidump...
  8. "Rendering thread exception" error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "Rendering thread exception" error: Hello, I recently purchased a new Lenovo Thinkpad, but I've been having some difficulty running one game in specific. It crashes every few minutes, no matter what I do. The error logs always say "rendering thread exception." Does anyone know what would cause that error...
  9. System Thread Exception Not Handled - can't find causes

System Thread Exception Not Handled - can't find causes: Hi everyone. A couple of weeks ago I started experiencing bsod's on my laptop. At first they seemed random but I started noticing that they appear when Logitech G HUB updates itself. I turned off automatic updates but that didn't help and I still get random crashes. I scanned...
  10. Laptop refuses to start up since last update.

Laptop refuses to start up since last update.: Today, July 13 2019, I manually ordered my laptop computer to check for windows updates, and installed all available updates. Since then, every time I start up my laptop, I get the below error message: [ATTACH] Restarting the computer doesn't solve the problem. I saw no...