Windows 10: A monster took my computer - how do I get control of it back?

Discus and support A monster took my computer - how do I get control of it back? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Why can't we just leave things alone? Windows 10 seems to have taken all control of my computer out of my hands. I have trouble understanding what it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ready to quit, Nov 17, 2015.

1. A monster took my computer - how do I get control of it back?

Why can't we just leave things alone? Windows 10 seems to have taken all control of my computer out of my hands. I have trouble understanding what it does, why it does it, and how to make changes.

My biggest problem is that everything is two shades of blue. What ever happened to having enough contrast that I and read what is on the monitor? Unfortunately my eyes are as old as I am.

I have used Vista since the week it was released on a Dell desktop. We have been friends for many years. I purchased a new HP laptop with 6 G of RAM and in intel i5. I upgraded immediately from 8 to 10. I also installed Office 365 and am not sure which is causing the most problems. For example, all of the colored fonts have disappeared from my Office documents created in previous versions of Word or Excel.

Sometimes I miss my TRS-80, Commodore 64, or Dell with ME.

I don't know where to turn for help, and ran across this forum.

:)

ready to quit, Nov 17, 2015

2. how do I get control of my computer back?

Santosh_Rai had a very good answer. I set up a local account with admin privileges. Now I have two accounts on my computer and I am attempting to
    find all my documents under the local account with the admin privileges. I think it will work out. Too bad
    that setting up a Microsoft account automatically adds a password protected admin account without any warning.

MikeLawton, Nov 17, 2015
  3. how do I get control of my computer back?

Hi Mike,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We understand the inconvenience caused and we will try our best to resolve the issue.

To assist you better, I like to know; are you able to login to your computer, through Microsoft account?

If you are able to login to your computer, through Microsoft account then, I suggest you to create a local administrator user account, login into the new local administrator user account and remove the Microsoft account from your system.

Follow the below steps:

1) Login to your computer, through Microsoft account.

2) Create a new user account, with administrator privilege.

Refer to the below link, to create a new user account:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-set-up-accounts

3) Logout from Microsoft account, again login to your computer through new local administrator user account and remove the Microsoft account.

To remove Microsoft account from your computer, follow the below steps:

1) Press Windows + r and type netplwiz, press Enter.

2) Select the Microsoft account, click on the
    Remove
    button.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Nov 17, 2015
  4. PJD
    pjd Win User

A monster took my computer - how do I get control of it back?

@ready to quit - have you upgraded to the very latest version - 1511 build 10586.3, it has some fixes to the Personalise settings that can be used to overcome the 2 shades of grey (in my case) issue

I also suggest you familiarise yourself with its Windows key shortcuts - Winkey+X and Winkey+I are particularly useful

You might also want to take a look at Classic Start, it allowed me to get something close my W7 start menu back, I am working on configuring the native one, when I have something acceptable I plan on ditching Classic menu.

This is a very good forum

Good luck

5. swarfega Win User
    I take it that Windows 10 imposed itself on you by upgrading from your previous OS? If so you might want to consider a clean install as that is less fraught with problems. There is a tutorial you can follow to do this. When it asks you to enter the key, just skip it. It should use the one from the upgrade.

Remember to back up your personal files before doing this.

swarfega, Nov 17, 2015
  6. dalchina New Member
    My biggest problem is that everything is two shades of blue. What ever happened to having enough contrast that I and read what is on the monitor? Unfortunately my eyes are as old as I am.

Hi, I quite understand- I hated Win 10's original appearance. But you can (with quite a bit of work) get to
    - non-almost white backgrounds in most places (which I find hard on the eyes)
    - whatever colour title bars you want- and title bar text colour (for most things).

(most colours configurable) . Not the inactive title bar is reddish, the active, blue. (The browser is Pale Moon- but could be anything, although colour options will change of course)

A monster took my computer - how do I get control of it back? [​IMG]

Bear in mind Win 10 started off with its first general release with borderless windows and white title bars!

It's possible you've lost some fonts in the upgrade- I can't recall reading about this as a particular problem- you'd need to check what they are supposed to be and check the fonts are installed.

You could also consider the high contrast built-in themes which come have used- pictures exist in various threads in the forum- try the Customise section.

dalchina, Nov 17, 2015
  7. Somewhere I found a color set called forest and got it on my computer. It has helped greatly with the ability to see the monitor.

I still do not know how much of my dislike is Windows and how much is Office 365.

ready to quit, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

A monster took my computer - how do I get control of it back?

1. A monster took my computer - how do I get control of it back? - Similar Threads - monster took computer

2. How do I get back into my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get back into my computer?: When I turn on my computer there is a bright blue screen that says “Enter the recovery key to get going again.” I followed the instructions to find my recovery key, but when I sign into my one and only Microsoft account it says “no device linked to this account.” It seems...
  3. How do I get back into my computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get back into my computer?: When I turn on my computer there is a bright blue screen that says “Enter the recovery key to get going again.” I followed the instructions to find my recovery key, but when I sign into my one and only Microsoft account it says “no device linked to this account.” It seems...
  4. How do I get back into my computer?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How do I get my games back on my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get my games back on my computer: How do get games back on my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-my-games-back-on-my-computer/0025cf97-11c5-4732-a300-78e3871dc1d0
  6. How do I get my games back on my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get my games back on my computer: How do get games back on my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-my-games-back-on-my-computer/0025cf97-11c5-4732-a300-78e3871dc1d0
  7. Windows Security Took Control of My Computer. How do I get my computer back?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security Took Control of My Computer. How do I get my computer back?: I have been using Webroot Secure Anywhere for years now without any issues. Webroot doesn't slow down my computer and I had no intention of switching to Windows Security. About 3 weeks to a month ago, I noticed my Webroot icon missing; and upon further investigation, I...
  8. The old laptop I took back , I cannot get it off of my devices? How do I get it off?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    The old laptop I took back , I cannot get it off of my devices? How do I get it off?: I cannot get an old laptop off my devices I took it back and do not own it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-old-laptop-i-took-back-i-cannot-get-it-off-of/f5e0fe96-67c5-401c-9996-d2ff23b873c9
  9. how do i get back to my stupid computer/??>??

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do i get back to my stupid computer/??>??: this **** windows appeared and id gladly get my stupid computer back for **** sake thanks im taling about the Microsoft account services or whatever is called pls...
  10. How do I get back my screen brightness control

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I get back my screen brightness control: HP P6 2005ukm running Windows 10 64 bit Pro desktop. When I go to All settings/System/Display there is no brightness control above the Night light settings where it previously was. I have noticed this after the last round of updates. How do I get my brightness control...