Windows 10: A month old laptop, battery worn out too much

Discus and support A month old laptop, battery worn out too much in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So just today I saw some posts about protecting laptop's battery, and I did a check by using powercfg /batteryreport to see how much my battery has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by YuanchengShao, May 19, 2019.

1. A month old laptop, battery worn out too much

So just today I saw some posts about protecting laptop's battery, and I did a check by using powercfg /batteryreport to see how much my battery has worn out, and the result is weird. The full charge capacity is almost only 50% of the designed battery. It doesn't make any sense. I only got the laptop roughly a month ago and been using it since. Also, the full charge capacity has been bouncing around, so I wonder if it's normal?? But it's almost 50% worn out, which is unusual.

FYI it's a gaming laptop, and the GPU only gives full power if I plug the AC adapter in, so when I play games I will plug AC adapter in, essentially charge it even though sometimes it's almost full battery.

Screenshots of the battery report

A month old laptop, battery worn out too much 0da35853-5fd7-4cab-893d-028846973e4d?upload=true.png A month old laptop, battery worn out too much 8ae0f246-0bd4-4e03-afd3-ffaf64dc9be1?upload=true.png

:)

YuanchengShao, May 19, 2019
  2. rksh Win User

Laptop battery worn 9% in two months, is it normal?

I just got a new laptop which is just 2 months old running Windows 10. Today when I checked the battery life the battery has worn down 9% which is like 4.5% per month, in this rate my battery would only last close to two years or less.

What's the average wear rate of the laptop battery? I use the laptop plugged in most of the time how ever let it drain (not completely) and charge it back once in a week. So a 9% drop is like 50 charging cycles which it definitely didn't had.

So this much of wearing is normal or too much? average wear rate of the laptop battery?

Of course this is assuming that the battery was 100% by the time I bought it, being a brand new laptop I assume that it should be close to 100%.

A month old laptop, battery worn out too much DMxc6.png

3. Juntao Win User
    Laptop battery issue

Hey everyone! I have an old dell laptop with a pentium 2 and 64MB of ram. Real powerful(lol). It is running 98. The old battery had died and purchased a generic replacement supposedly for that model. The numbers match and all. The problem is the notebook will not recognize the battery. Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks. It is just for notes and stuff.

Juntao, May 19, 2019
  4. Jessen P Win User

A month old laptop, battery worn out too much

Laptop battery not charging

Hi Arvind,

Thank you for being part of Windows 10.

What is the make and model of the laptop?

I suggest you to un-install and re-install battery drivers from Device manager and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Device Manager.
    • Expand Batteries and right click on Batteries ACPI and click on Un-install.
    • Restart the computer and check.

Do get back to us for any issues pertaining in the future. We will be happy to help.

Jessen P, May 19, 2019
Thema:

A month old laptop, battery worn out too much

1. A month old laptop, battery worn out too much - Similar Threads - month old laptop

2. should a month old laptop have a drop in battery capacity like this.--

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    should a month old laptop have a drop in battery capacity like this.--: should a month old face battery capacity drop issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/should-a-month-old-laptop-have-a-drop-in-battery/682f6a48-8bbd-40c9-9181-fa071d9b307a
  3. should a month old laptop have a drop in battery capacity like this.--

in Windows 10 Gaming
    should a month old laptop have a drop in battery capacity like this.--: should a month old face battery capacity drop issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/should-a-month-old-laptop-have-a-drop-in-battery/682f6a48-8bbd-40c9-9181-fa071d9b307a
  4. should a month old laptop have a drop in battery capacity like this.--

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. The laptop is getting too much lagging and stuck

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The laptop is getting too much lagging and stuck: My laptop is getting too much lag for the past two weeks. It happened all of a sudden. I checked with all the malware things, HDD etc. All are smooth and I also checked with its support at my university. They also said that all things are okay. They told me that the issue...
  6. The laptop is getting too much lagging and stuck

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The laptop is getting too much lagging and stuck: My laptop is getting too much lag for the past two weeks. It happened all of a sudden. I checked with all the malware things, HDD etc. All are smooth and I also checked with its support at my university. They also said that all things are okay. They told me that the issue...
  7. My laptop uses too much resources

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop uses too much resources: When I close all my apps and i enter in armoury crate 8gb ram are used. I think its because i moved to windows 11 but im not sure.My laptop has 16 gb ram and it is overheating like 96 grades Celsius. Can Anyone help me?...
  8. My Laptop is Lagging too much

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Laptop is Lagging too much: Hi My Laptop is Lagging too much I cant play well and I am getting irritated. OS Name: Microsoft Windows 10 Home Version: 10.0.19042 Build 19042 Other OS Description: Not Available OS Manufacturer: Microsoft Corporation System Name: DESKTOP-OS6GI96 System Manufacturer: Dell...
  9. My laptop is heating too much

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop is heating too much: Hi friends. My laptop is heating up and I feel the laptop is getting hot. Some times the core temp gives me a value of 96 Celsius and at the other time its between 50 and 80. For this should I use a cooling pad or are there any other upgrades to do and give me a quick reply...
  10. [Battery] Four month old laptop battery draining at 1% per minute; caused by "Unknown...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [Battery] Four month old laptop battery draining at 1% per minute; caused by "Unknown...: submitted by /u/iWizardB [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ghyjqf/battery_four_month_old_laptop_battery_draining_at/