Windows 10: a .msi file won't install due to admin settings even though I'm the admin

Discus and support a .msi file won't install due to admin settings even though I'm the admin in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm trying to install a .msi file, but the admin settings block it. I'm the admin, but I can't figure out what settings I need to change to allow the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by (alex.), Dec 27, 2018.

1. (alex.) Win User

a .msi file won't install due to admin settings even though I'm the admin

I'm trying to install a .msi file, but the admin settings block it. I'm the admin, but I can't figure out what settings I need to change to allow the file to install. What settings to I need to change?

:)

(alex.), Dec 27, 2018
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Dec 27, 2018
  3. freeboy Win User
    admin password?

my repair windows install keeps failing due to "what is admin password" ?
    How do I either find it? It is my computer and Ia am the admin or change it? this is for disk D and It is booting from c...

freeboy, Dec 27, 2018
  4. Matt18 Win User

admin rights keep disappearing!?!!

Hi guys,

I am actually having a problem at work that our IT department hasn't been able to figure out. I am supposed to be a member of the admin group. We are on a domain. The problem is that everytime I reboot the computer I loose my admin rights(no longer in the administrator group) and just become a normal user again. I have tried googling this and didn't get to many results.
    I believe IT is just giving me local admin rights, not admin rights for the whole domain.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: It is on Windows XP Pro.

Matt18, Dec 27, 2018
Thema:

1. a .msi file won't install due to admin settings even though I'm the admin - Similar Threads - msi file won't

2. I'm stuck with Windows Defender security settings even if I'm PC admin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm stuck with Windows Defender security settings even if I'm PC admin: To help my IT admin, I joined a lot of my Windows machines to Azure AD where my company set its domain. To be precise the join has been done with this Windows feature: When the test finished, I removed the join with the same Work and school tool and a bad surprise came out:...
  3. I'm stuck with Windows Defender security settings even if I'm PC admin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'm stuck with Windows Defender security settings even if I'm PC admin: To help my IT admin, I joined a lot of my Windows machines to Azure AD where my company set its domain. To be precise the join has been done with this Windows feature: When the test finished, I removed the join with the same Work and school tool and a bad surprise came out:...
  4. Cannot change permissions even though I'm the Admin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot change permissions even though I'm the Admin: System Info: Every one of the Administrator permissions have been changed to "Special" and nothing else. Even when I'm logged into the Admin account already tried a new local admin account if there is a "shield" that needs clicked, then I can't get through without...
  5. Cannot change permissions even though I'm the Admin

Cannot change permissions even though I'm the Admin: System Info: Every one of the Administrator permissions have been changed to "Special" and nothing else. Even when I'm logged into the Admin account already tried a new local admin account if there is a "shield" that needs clicked, then I can't get through without...
  6. Cannot change permissions even though I'm the Admin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. folder access require permission even though already set as admin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    folder access require permission even though already set as admin: Hello,I use my secondary folder as a location to download files from the internet.Everything is fine until today morning when I suddenly needed "administrator permission to save files to to the folder. This has never happened before in this particular folder.Now, I am unable...
  8. folder access require permission even though already set as admin

folder access require permission even though already set as admin: Hello,I use my secondary folder as a location to download files from the internet.Everything is fine until today morning when I suddenly needed "administrator permission to save files to to the folder. This has never happened before in this particular folder.Now, I am unable...
  9. Cant change or delete files, even though im an admin

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cant change or delete files, even though im an admin: Recently, I have not been able to change or delete files on my pc. I have looked it up, and going in to properties of the file and giving myself permissions either doesnt work on some files or the option to change it is grayed out. For example, I tried to move Program...
  10. Restricted Admin Privileges even though I AM THE ADMIN

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Restricted Admin Privileges even though I AM THE ADMIN: Okay, I have encountered this issue before and I am quite literally annoyed with Windows now. I own the computer so yes it's a personal computer and I am the sole admin/user of said computer. So this is nothing new but Windows has this weird lock on the Admin position...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant run msi even though im an administrator