Windows 10: A mysterious app with no name

Discus and support A mysterious app with no name in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I was checking the installed apps here and found at the end of the list one that has no name and no size, it only has some sort of generic icon and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Paultx, Feb 28, 2021.

1. Paultx Win User

A mysterious app with no name

I was checking the installed apps here and found at the end of the list one that has no name and no size, it only has some sort of generic icon and the installation date.

A mysterious app with no name [​IMG]

I went to good ol' Control Panel and found three programs installed on that date, but all identified.

A mysterious app with no name [​IMG]

I have the free version of Soft Organizer installed and it shows only SiSoftware Sandra Lite 2020 on its main list (it shows the Microsoft Visual C++ stuff inside a folder on that main list).

I considered uninstalling it to see what info I could get, but Windows 10 says only that "This application and its related information will be uninstalled". I am afraid of uninstalling something that may be important somehow as part of other app or even the system itself. Or worse: it may be some sort of malware.

Do you guys know what I can do to identify that app? TIA.

Windows 10 Pro 20H2 19042.844

:)

Paultx, Feb 28, 2021

2. Mysterious blue earth icon appearing and disappearing ?

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and your effort towards resolving it.

I would suggest you to hover the mouse on that blue earth icon to know the name of the application.

If you are able to identify that application name then, I suggest you to check if that application is present in the
    Programs and Features. Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button and select Control Panel from the list.
    • Click on Programs and Features.
    • Check if that application is present.
    Also, check if that application is present in the Apps & features from the following steps:

• Press Windows + I keys from the Keyboard to open the
      Settings.
    • Click on System and click on Apps & features from the left pane.
    • Check if that application is present.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Feb 28, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. A mysterious app with no name :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Feb 28, 2021
  4. rostami Win User

Windows 10 shows the apps names different or odd

I have the compelet names and no smartphone is connected but they are system apps like maps or calendar and thanks for answering.

rostami, Feb 28, 2021
Thema:

1. A mysterious app with no name - Similar Threads - mysterious app name

2. Mysterious app preventing restart.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mysterious app preventing restart.: I have no idea what app this is, and I am very careful on the internet so I doubt it is some sort of malware.The app is named as {527f62b4-263f-4711-835a-1012c88ba4fa}...
  3. Mysterious app preventing restart.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mysterious app preventing restart.: I have no idea what app this is, and I am very careful on the internet so I doubt it is some sort of malware.The app is named as {527f62b4-263f-4711-835a-1012c88ba4fa}...
  4. Windows 10 App Update mystery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 App Update mystery: I was checking my reliability history and it showed 3 successfull updates for today. Two of them appear to be for apps that I have never downloaded to my laptop. These are:9NCBCSZSJRSB-SpotifyAB.SpotifyMusic9NXQXXLFST89-Disney.37853FC22B2CECould anyone shed light on this for...
  5. Windows 10 App Update mystery

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 App Update mystery: I was checking my reliability history and it showed 3 successfull updates for today. Two of them appear to be for apps that I have never downloaded to my laptop. These are:9NCBCSZSJRSB-SpotifyAB.SpotifyMusic9NXQXXLFST89-Disney.37853FC22B2CECould anyone shed light on this for...
  6. Windows 10 App Update mystery

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 App Update mystery: I was checking my reliability history and it showed 3 apps successfully updated today. Two of them are apps that I have never downloaded to my laptop. These are:9NCBCSZSJRSB-SpotifyAB.SpotifyMusic9NXQXXLFST89-Disney.37853FC22B2CECould anyone shed light on this for me? The...
  7. Mystery: Taskbar Icons contains uninstalled apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mystery: Taskbar Icons contains uninstalled apps: I have a mystery and am wondering if it can be cleared/cleaned.In my Settings -> Personalization -> Taskbar -> Select which icons appear on the taskbarI have 3 applications which were uninstalled and yet still appear in this list. I do realize it's not causing problems, I...
  8. Mysterious new file in quick access named C

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Mysterious new file in quick access named C: Hi, I logged into my PC this morning and as I went to open some files, I found a new file at the top of my recent files, that I've never heard of before. Its file name is just C, and it's supposedly in my desktop but if I look through the files in my desktop it's nowhere to...
  9. Mysterious App Prevents Shutdown on Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Mysterious App Prevents Shutdown on Windows 10: So every so often I see this preventing Shutdown, The file name is Terrifying. Sync? Observer? Worried about my Security. Please Help! • I combed through the Task Manager, Googled every Process or App I didn't recognize, Everything is legit. • Scanned with MalwareBytes,...
  10. Email app mystery

in Browsers and Email
    Email app mystery: Can anyone explain why the built-in mail app for Windows 10 will not allow users to turn the reading pane horizontal, like almost every other email app I've ever used? (From Outlook Express to Outlook, to Windows Live Mail, to Thunderbird, Postbox, and Mailbird)? 46854