Windows 10: A mysterious error that just showed up

Discus and support A mysterious error that just showed up in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So, I have this error when trying to access the Xbox app called "Explorer.exe class not registered." I also cannot access the start menu what so ever.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Apoc Razor, Oct 15, 2020.

1. A mysterious error that just showed up

So, I have this error when trying to access the Xbox app called "Explorer.exe class not registered." I also cannot access the start menu what so ever. Same with the "type here to search" bar as well. I also, can't right click on these too.

I tried to run powershell in the command prompt and it comes up with this "Could not load file or assembly'System.Management.Automation, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' "

I was then going to run this after it Get-appxpackage -all *shellexperience* -packagetype bundle % {add-appxpackage -register -disabledevelopmentmode $_.installlocation + "\appxmetadata\appxbundlemanifest.xml"}, but seeing as how i can't even get powershell to show up its kind of useless at this point...

I also ran these as well and they came up good with no issues.

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

I am at a loss as to what I do now...

:)

Apoc Razor, Oct 15, 2020
  2. Carlo Fer Win User

Mysterious priner shows up in Windows Explorer

Thanks for getting back to us.

Since the unknown printer is only showing under Network, we suggest that you reset your network settings. Please follow the steps below:

• Select the Start button, then select Settings
      > Network & Internet > Status > Network reset.
    • On the Network reset screen, select Reset now >
      Yes to confirm.
    • Restart you PC and check if you still see the printer.

Update us with results for further assistance.

Carlo Fer, Oct 15, 2020
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond A mysterious error that just showed up :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Oct 15, 2020
  4. nfshp253 Win User

A mysterious error that just showed up

BCD Corrupted? Cannot boot Windows 10

Yes, I'm quite sure.

Edit: Tried your steps above again, and at assign letter=s, it says The specified drive letter is not free to be assigned.

Edit 2: Rebooted and did all the steps successfully, but /fixmbr and /fixboot both say cannot find the file specified, and the same 0 Windows installations for /rebuildbcd. It was 1 before

- - - Updated - - -

Another reboot, another mystery. /fixmbr and /fixboot now works, /rebuildbcd shows 1 installation, and saying yes to add to boot list brings us back to the indistinguishable error. Is this because both my 128MB and 100MB partitions are listed as System rather than Reserved and System? There's no recovery partition it seems.

nfshp253, Oct 15, 2020
Thema:

A mysterious error that just showed up

1. A mysterious error that just showed up - Similar Threads - mysterious error showed

2. Log-in Screen Shows Mysterious Language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Log-in Screen Shows Mysterious Language: Good day!Everything on my machine is set to English - US and I rarely use Bulgarian while typing. As can be seen below, my log-in screen, mysteriously displays messages in the Thai language. Up until today it displayed everything properly and in English. I have nothing to do...
  3. Mysterious error after messing up the registry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mysterious error after messing up the registry: One day, I caught myself in a "curiosity killed the cat" situation when I modified a registry key that controls ifS mode is enabled. The key is named, "VerifiableAndReputableTrustModeState" something like that, thatis located in the "Cl/Control" areas of the registry. This...
  4. Mysterious error after messing up the registry

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mysterious error after messing up the registry: One day, I caught myself in a "curiosity killed the cat" situation when I modified a registry key that controls ifS mode is enabled. The key is named, "VerifiableAndReputableTrustModeState" something like that, thatis located in the "Cl/Control" areas of the registry. This...
  5. Windows 11 Mystery! MP3 Files Now Showing Up as a CDA!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Mystery! MP3 Files Now Showing Up as a CDA!: First, I know what a CDA is and isn't.This morning I popped in a store-bought CD to listen to while I worked. The CD played fine as usual.However, all the files had been changed from mp3 to CDA with a KM Media Player notation. I do not have KM and have never downloaded it.I...
  6. Windows 11 Mystery! MP3 Files Now Showing Up as a CDA!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Mystery! MP3 Files Now Showing Up as a CDA!: First, I know what a CDA is and isn't.This morning I popped in a store-bought CD to listen to while I worked. The CD played fine as usual.However, all the files had been changed from mp3 to CDA with a KM Media Player notation. I do not have KM and have never downloaded it.I...
  7. Download Failed, Warning And Mysterious CRDOWNLOAD File Shows Up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Download Failed, Warning And Mysterious CRDOWNLOAD File Shows Up: I recently download Skype, for free on the Microsoft site. But I got this error: "Microsoft Defender Smartscreen was not able to scan Skype.exe. You shouldn't keep it unless you're sure it's safe." [ATTACH] And then this shows up on my desktop. [ATTACH] It's called...
  8. Desktop Icons not showing up, just words

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Icons not showing up, just words: [ATTACH] This is what my desktop looks like, all icons are just words, it is the same in my files as well. I have restarted my computer countless times and nothing works, please help me!...
  9. Mysterious files showing up in file explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Mysterious files showing up in file explorer: Running Win 10 anniversary update on new HP all-in-one with a 256GB SSD (C*Smile and a 2TB SATA (D*Smile drive. About three weeks ago I decided to move all of my data files from C: to the D: drive leaving only OS and program files on C:. I did not permanently delete...
  10. Mystery error message

in Windows 10 Support
    Mystery error message: Hi, I hope there's a simple solution to this, but when I'm watching live-streaming media, the annoying spinning circle appears in the center of the video, & above it is the error message, "The quota has been exceeded" and directly below is a big "X". Last weekend, I had a...