Windows 10: A narrow red line appears at the top of the display

Discus and support A narrow red line appears at the top of the display in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi All, A week before, my dell LED monitor for desktop started to show a narrow red line at the top of the display with the screen flickering at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by christy4290, Nov 6, 2022.

1. A narrow red line appears at the top of the display

Hi All,

A week before, my dell LED monitor for desktop started to show a narrow red line at the top of the display with the screen flickering at times. Now the red line appears frequently and flickering has increased to a point where I can't work smoothly. Is the display gone? Or is it the issue with the Motherboard or RAM? Can it be repaired or should I buy a new one?

christy4290, Nov 6, 2022
  2. Jessen P Win User

Red Wavy Lines appear in edge

Hi,

I would request you to reset the edge settings and then check if it helps.

Refer the steps below to reset Edge.

Steps:-

• First of all launch Microsoft Edge Browser.

• After that click on “More action” option which is visible at top right side of the browser and you will see “Settings” option.

• Under “Settings” scroll down and you will see a button “Choose what to clear” under “Clear browsing data” option.

• Once you click on this option you will see list of feature like
    • Browsing History
    • Cookies and saved website data
    • Cached data and file
    • Download history
    • Form data
    • Password.

Please revert if the red wavy lines appear while using edge.

Thank you.

Jessen P, Nov 6, 2022
  3. Traijan Win User
    Red and Blue Lines Appear On Screen

Edit: Sorry, I didn't notice that you were on a laptop. The below is from when it happened to us on a desktop computer.

I can only tell you what happened to us....

On my partners desktop there appeared one day a thin red line running from top of screen to bottom while playing Minecraft, then that thin red line was there on desktop too, then one day a blue line appeared about 3 inches away also running from top of screen to bottom.

I had just bought a new Nvidia GTX 960, so I gave him my old GTX 460, he installed it and the lines were still there. He grabbed one of my old monitors out of the laundry room and boom, lines were gone. Apparently it's not only graphics cards going bad that exhibit this but flat panel monitors as well.

So, if you've got an extra monitor (or somebody else in the house has one) try swapping it out to see if the lines go away before plonking down cold cash on a new graphics card.

Traijan, Nov 6, 2022
  4. A narrow red line appears at the top of the display

Red Wavy Lines appear in edge

Hi,

Sorry to hear that you are still facing the issue.

Just to clarify, are you referring to the auto correction red lines that appear when you type in the address bar in Microsoft Edge?

It would be helpful if you could attach a screenshot of the lines that you are referring to. Follow the steps provided by one of the MVP on
    How to include a screenshot in your post

Get back to us with the response.

Wungraileng Vashi, Nov 6, 2022
Thema:

A narrow red line appears at the top of the display

1. A narrow red line appears at the top of the display - Similar Threads - narrow red line

2. Red and black line appears on top of screen when I take screenshot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Red and black line appears on top of screen when I take screenshot: I have an issue with this red and black bar that appears at the very top of every screenshot I take on my PC. I wanted to know if this is normal, and if it is, how can I turn the function off so I don't have anything blocking my screencaps?...
  3. Red and black line appears on top of screen when I take screenshot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Red and black line appears on top of screen when I take screenshot: I have an issue with this red and black bar that appears at the very top of every screenshot I take on my PC. I wanted to know if this is normal, and if it is, how can I turn the function off so I don't have anything blocking my screencaps?...
  4. Red and black line appears on top of screen when I take screenshot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. GREEN HORIZONTAL LINES APPEARING ON THE DISPLAY

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GREEN HORIZONTAL LINES APPEARING ON THE DISPLAY: USING WIN 10 PRO. RIGHT FROM WHEN THE MOTHERBOARD LOGO APPEARS THE GREEN HORIZONTAL LINES APPEARS AND THEN THE WINDOWS LOGIN PAGE SHOWS BIGGER FONTS. AND AFTER LOGIN THE DESKTOP ICONS LOOK BIGGER AND GREEN LINES CONTINUE TO FLICKER ALL OVER THE DISPLAY. LOOKS LIKE AS IF AFTER...
  6. GREEN HORIZONTAL LINES APPEARING ON THE DISPLAY

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    GREEN HORIZONTAL LINES APPEARING ON THE DISPLAY: USING WIN 10 PRO. RIGHT FROM WHEN THE MOTHERBOARD LOGO APPEARS THE GREEN HORIZONTAL LINES APPEARS AND THEN THE WINDOWS LOGIN PAGE SHOWS BIGGER FONTS. AND AFTER LOGIN THE DESKTOP ICONS LOOK BIGGER AND GREEN LINES CONTINUE TO FLICKER ALL OVER THE DISPLAY. LOOKS LIKE AS IF AFTER...
  7. GREEN HORIZONTAL LINES APPEARING ON THE DISPLAY

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Display looks narrow

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display looks narrow: My display looks narrow. Everything looks squished from the sides. I've changed my resolution, messed the scaling and no matter what I do it still looks narrow. It wasn't like this a few days so I'm not sure what happened....
  9. Red line passing through the center of the display.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Red line passing through the center of the display.: i receive a red color line passing through the center of the screen when i see videos,camera,movie,etc . I am a windows 10 user....
  10. Red and Blue Lines Appear On Screen

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Red and Blue Lines Appear On Screen: While playing Star Trek Online the other day, red lines began appearing on the screen. At first the lines only appeared in the game which made me think it might have something to do with my graphics card, but then they started to appear on the screen all the time. I shut my...