Windows 10: A need for a solid PDF reader with basic editing functions

Discus and support A need for a solid PDF reader with basic editing functions in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, Back in 2013, when I was preparing application documents for grad school, I had a very difficult time in arranging scanned PDF documents on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Dr.Bugra, Jul 23, 2020.

1. Dr.Bugra Win User

A need for a solid PDF reader with basic editing functions

Hello,

Back in 2013, when I was preparing application documents for grad school, I had a very difficult time in arranging scanned PDF documents on my Windows 7 PC since there wasn't a free software that allowed the users to delete/insert/sort pages of PDFs. Around the same time, I migrated from Windows to Mac for entirely different reasons and I was surprised that I was able to delete/insert/sort pages in my scanned PDFs with the Preview.app of Mac OS X for free and I did not need to buy other software.

Flashforward, 7 years later, now I am planning to migrate back to Windows for entirely different reasons. Unfortunately, Windows still doesn't have a basic PDF editor that can do such basic tasks. It is not even possible to rotate the page of a PDF document and then save it like that on Edge.

We often need to scan some papers to a PDF and insert/sort pages from other personal PDFs stored on our computers for common everyday problems hospital paperwork, online applications, etc. These have become very simple home tasks over the years and should not require buying professional software such as Adobe Acrobat for hundreds of dollars. Such functionality should be available in MS Windows, which we already pay for. There is no need to have complicated annotating and editing tools. Whoever needs those can go and purchase any professional software they like but the basic stuff to arrange/remove/insert pages of PDFs should be available for free.

Cheers,

Bugra

:)

Dr.Bugra, Jul 23, 2020
  2. Dr.Bugra Win User

Hello,

Back in 2013, when I was preparing application documents for grad school, I had a very difficult time in arranging scanned PDF documents on my Windows 7 PC since there wasn't a free software that allowed the users to delete/insert/sort pages of PDFs. Around
    the same time, I migrated from Windows to Mac for entirely different reasons and I was surprised that I was able to delete/insert/sort pages in my scanned PDFs with the Preview.app of Mac OS X for free and I did not need to buy other software.

Flashforward, 7 years later, now I am planning to migrate back to Windows for entirely different reasons. Unfortunately, Windows still doesn't have a basic PDF editor that can do such basic tasks. It is not even possible to rotate the page of a PDF document
    and then save it like that on Edge.

We often need to scan some papers to a PDF and insert/sort pages from other personal PDFs stored on our computers for common everyday problems (hospital paperwork, online applications, etc). These have become very simple home tasks over the years and should
    not require buying professional software such as Adobe Acrobat for hundreds of dollars. Such functionality should be available in MS Windows, which we already pay for. There is no need to have complicated annotating and editing tools. Whoever needs those can
    go and purchase any professional software they like but the basic stuff to arrange/remove/insert pages of PDFs should be available for free.

Cheers,

Bugra

Dr.Bugra, Jul 31, 2020
  3. Best free PDF software?

I use:
    • UnityPDF to merge/split PDFs and to insert/extract pages
    • doPDF to create PDFs from any program that is capable of printing
    • Foxit Reader to view PDFs and to type in them

Static~Charge, Jul 31, 2020
  4. jimjoe Win User

Adobe pdf reader or browsers replaced it ?

I did try Edge... that solid mass of color hurt my eyes.

jimjoe, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

1. A need for a solid PDF reader with basic editing functions - Similar Threads - need solid PDF

2. Pdf reader with layers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pdf reader with layers: Is there a free PDF reader available in the Microsoft store with the ability to turn on and off layers? I have been checking them all and not having any luck https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pdf-reader-with-layers/72c6765a-8de1-4d69-87f5-0a7aa0c1bd9d
  3. Pdf reader with layers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pdf reader with layers: Is there a free PDF reader available in the Microsoft store with the ability to turn on and off layers? I have been checking them all and not having any luck https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pdf-reader-with-layers/72c6765a-8de1-4d69-87f5-0a7aa0c1bd9d
  4. Editing PDF file in Foxit PDF Reader

Editing PDF file in Foxit PDF Reader: when i edit PDF file in Foxit Reader, it shows fine in Foxit, Chrome and Edge, (PDF 2) but when i attach this file in Yahoo Mail, the Yahoo Mail Preview do not show changes (PDF 1) in Chrome EDIT however when i download the file from Yahoo Mail, it is fine ie showing changes...
  5. Editing PDF file in Foxit PDF Reader

in Windows 10 Support
    Editing PDF file in Foxit PDF Reader: when i edit PDF file in Foxit Reader, it shows fine in Foxit, Chrome and Edge, (PDF 2) but when i attach this file in Yahoo Mail, the Yahoo Mail Preview do not show changes (PDF 1) in Chrome EDIT however when i download the file from Yahoo Mail, it is fine ie showing changes...
  6. pdf book reader

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    pdf book reader: I am a student and has to read pdf books, underline, highlight and make some notes with help of Pen. In my ipad I was using ibooks for same, but does not know if we have similar app for windows. I dont want to pay 14$ each month to adobe. Is there any such free app which give...
  7. PDF Reader

PDF Reader: Ok so my English textbooks are pdfs. usually I would use Adobe Acrobat Reader, but one of the textbooks is 500+ pages long, and its sooo slow! ive tried edge, chrome, etc, but none of them work because its simply too big! Should I print it?...
  8. PDF Reader

PDF Reader: Looking for a simple pdf reader nothing complicated. I just want it for reading pdf. windows 10 home. simple question I hope. Thank You. David. 124877
  9. Adobe (Pdf) Reader

in Windows 10 Support
    Adobe (Pdf) Reader: Hello, On my pc is installed Adobe pdf reader, it is updated and keeps updating automaticly. Recently when I double click on a pdf document (any), it opens ok, but when I close it by clicking on the X at the upper right corner, it always asks if I want to save the changes I...
  10. Lost PDF reader.

Lost PDF reader.: Doesn't Windows 10 have its own PDF reader? If it does, I can't find it. I downloaded the Adobe Reader, but don't like it. Right clicking on a PDF file only gives me the option to open in Adobe Reader or Edge. 38928