Windows 10: A Network Computer will not accept credenials

Discus and support A Network Computer will not accept credenials in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a private wireless network with three computers all running Windows 10. Two use the same Microsoft account and the third uses a different one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Bluewind, Jun 29, 2019.

1. Bluewind Win User

A Network Computer will not accept credenials

I have a private wireless network with three computers all running Windows 10. Two use the same Microsoft account and the third uses a different one but they all show up in File Explorer on the first two. But when I try to open the third one I get a request for credentials. I fill in the window with the name and password for third one but it is not accepted. I'm sure what I entered is correct for that machine. Is there something I need to do on that machine to get what I believe to be the correct credentials accepted?

Thank you?

BTW, the third machine can open the two other machines and show the shared files on them.

:)

Bluewind, Jun 29, 2019
  2. taward Win User

One computer cannot access other network computers.

So I've tried every troubleshooting step I know:
    • Double checked that Net Bios was enabled
    • Ran a bunch of network commands:
      • flushed DNS
      • registered dns
      • pinged and located the named computers successfully
    • Reset my router to factory settings

Nothing works when I try to access via explorer. I'm still baffled by the fact that every other computer can access each other AND access this computer. It's just the outgoing connection from this machine that doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

taward, Jun 29, 2019
  3. Yolvi Ell Win User
    Unable to browse network computers.

We suggest creating a new administrator user account by following the steps
    here
    . Make sure to use the same network settings that you used for your other computers, then check if you can connect to the home network. Since you also mentioned that Windows 10 was freshly installed on this particular computer, have you already downloaded
    the latest updates? The latest build for Version 1607 is 14393.1715, and 15063.608 for Version 1703. You can check the build version of your computer by following these steps:

• Click Start.
    • Type winver and press Enter.

If you don't have the latest updates, you can follow these steps to install them:

• Click Start.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Click Update & security.
    • Click Check for updates.

If that doesn't work, we'd like screenshots of the network and file sharing settings of the computer that doesn't work, and the settings of one of your other computers that can connect and share files properly on the home network.

Yolvi Ell, Jun 29, 2019
  4. Mussels Win User

Basic Network guide

I'll be adding a small page on doing this in windows vista soon, since XP is the same with a step or two less, i assume people will figure it out.

Mussels, Jun 29, 2019
Thema:

1. A Network Computer will not accept credenials - Similar Threads - Network Computer accept

2. Which characters are acceptable for a computer name?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Which characters are acceptable for a computer name?: I went to Settings>About>Rename this PC, and used a variety of upper case, lower case, a hyphen and a number, but go a message "One or more of the characters you used won't work". What should I do? Thanks....
  3. computer not accepting connection

computer not accepting connection: ok I reset my computer. completely. and not its slower than before. so i troubleshoot it and it says it wont accept connection. im assuming its not my wifi because it works fine on my other computer. but on this one when i open something like minecraft it takes forever to...
  4. Computer Will Not Accept The Latest Windows Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Computer Will Not Accept The Latest Windows Update: I am running Windows 10, ver 1909, on an Acer Aspire E15 Laptop. Every 30 minutes or so, my computer says it will restart soon for a Windows Update. I found that this was the Update: 1903-OS Build 18362.720 and 1909-OS Build 18363.720. The problem is my operating system will...
  5. Computer Will Not Accept The Latest Windows Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Will Not Accept The Latest Windows Update: I am running Windows 10, ver 1909, on an Acer Aspire E15 Laptop. Every 30 minutes or so, my computer says it will restart soon for a Windows Update. I found that this was the Update: 1903-OS Build 18362.720 and 1909-OS Build 18363.720. The problem is my operating system will...
  6. credentials not accepted for network sign in

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    credentials not accepted for network sign in: I am trying to sign into my primary computer from a secondary; both are Win 10. It asks for credentials for the primary. I reset the password and it is not accepting it. I tried with my email address and new password and that also doe not work. Peter Bresler...
  7. Network Interface Won't Accept "Ethernet" as Name

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Network Interface Won't Accept "Ethernet" as Name: Hello, I was working with someone on their PC and after their attempts to change their Ethernet interface name to simply "Ethernet", Windows threw an error stating that the name was already taken. Currently, they have it set to "Ethernet 1". I went and checked every adapter...
  8. Network Interface Won't Accept New Name

Network Interface Won't Accept New Name: Hello, I was working with someone on their PC and after their attempts to change their Ethernet interface name to simply "Ethernet", Windows threw an error stating that the name was already taken. Currently, they have it set to "Ethernet 1". I went and checked every adapter...
  9. Network Interface Won't Accept New Name

in Windows 10 Support
    Network Interface Won't Accept New Name: Hello, I was working with someone on their PC and after their attempts to change their Ethernet interface name to simply "Ethernet", Windows threw an error stating that the name was already taken. Currently, they have it set to "Ethernet 1". I went and checked every adapter...
  10. home computer wont accept internet

home computer wont accept internet: my Husband setup a printer on his home computer and now there is no internet access on his computer but I have internet on my laptop please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/home-computer-wont-accept-internet/3bedfb95-726b-4e4f-8e64-4718958f9a99