Windows 10: A network error occured while attempting to read from the file

Discus and support A network error occured while attempting to read from the file in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; When I was trying to install a software, this error happened. "A network error occured while attempting to read from the file" [ATTACH] Someone... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by HillaryLi, Apr 15, 2019.

1. HillaryLi Win User

A network error occured while attempting to read from the file

When I was trying to install a software, this error happened.

"A network error occured while attempting to read from the file"

A network error occured while attempting to read from the file 1da90e4b-9bd8-459b-8d18-2496de154a3f?upload=true.png

Someone suggested that I have to make sure I am in administrator mode. I checked that I already have the full control. But I still can't open this file.

Please advise.

Hillary

:)

HillaryLi, Apr 15, 2019
  2. u2konline Win User

"A Disk Read Error Occurred"

I tried to install windows 2000, and after i do a format, and after it copies the files, it says the computer must be restarted, but after it restarts, i get a message that says:

"A Disk Read Error Occurred"

Do i have to hit f6 and install something?
    i do have SATA.

u2konline, Apr 15, 2019
  3. Mithin_EJ Win User
    Error 0x80004005 when attempting to access Network share

Hi djeyewater,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

I understand that it can get difficult at times when your network Share. Accessing shared folders or network locations in Windows is never easy. Whether you’re at home or at work, sharing resources is always more complicated than
    it should be. As classic example is the ‘Windows cannot access computer 0x80004005’ error. However, I recommend you to follow the below steps.

1. Is that computer connected with the domain network?
    2. Were there any changes made to the operating system recently?
    3. Do you have any security software installed on the computer?
    If you open File Explorer, go to
    Network, and see an error message ("Network discovery is turned off…."), you'll need to turn on Network discovery to see devices on the network that are sharing files. I suggest you to follow the below steps.

We can go ahead and try to enable the Network Discovery from Advanced Sharing Settings.

Step 1: Turn on or off Network Discovery in Windows 10.

1. Type network in the search box and choose Network and Sharing Center in the list to open it.
    2. Select Change advanced sharing settings to move on.
    3. Choose Turn on network discovery
      or Turn off network discovery in the settings, and tap
      Save changes.

Step 2: Check if the feature is enabled.

1. Open Control Panel.
    2. Then click on all Control Panel Items.
    3. Then click on Programs and features.
    4. Then on the left hand side, click on Turn Windows features on or off.
    5. Windows Feature box will open. Please scroll down and under SMB 1.0 CIFS File Sharing Support, check the boxes next to SMB 1.0/CIFS Client and SMB 1.0/ CIFS Server. If the boxes are already ticked, please unchecked the box and check
      it again.
    6. It will ask you to restart your Computer. Please Restart it.

Step 3: Check if all the required services are running.

1. Now we will need to check four services.

2. Press Windows key + R to open Run. Then type "Services.msc" in the run box and hit enter.

The names of the services which you will need to check are:

• Function Discovery Provide Host.
    • Function Discovery Resource Publication.
    • SSDP Discovery.
    • UPnP Device Host.
    • Also Check for DHCP Client and DNS Client.
    4. Right click on the above services and then go to properties.

5. Under General tab, make sure that the Startup type is automatic and Service status is running.

6. Then go to recovery tab and change all the entries (next to 1st failure, 2nd failure and Subsequent failure) to Restart the Service.

I also recommend you to follow this article
    Changes to file sharing over a network
    in Windows 10.

Hope it helps,

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes Or No.

Mithin_EJ, Apr 15, 2019
  4. A network error occured while attempting to read from the file

disk read error occurred

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

I understand that you get “A disk read error occurred” error message in windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below Methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

“A disk read error occurred” is a hardware error pertaining to your system’s BIOS. Basically this error indicates that the computer is not able to reliably communicate with the hard disk. This issue may appear if the following events.

• Disk file system changed (For ex. From FAT32 to NTFS)

• Incorrect Boot Order Priority in BIOS

• CMOS settings for hard disk is incorrect

• BIOS mode changed (From UEFI to Legacy)
    I would suggest you to disconnect all the external devices (printers, scanner, USB
    (universal serial bus) drives, etc) except mouse and the keyboard and then boot up to check the issue.

You may check if the hard drive is set a first or second boot device in BIOS.

Note: Modifying BIOS/complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly.
    Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Method 2:

If the issue still persist, I suggest you to try automatic repairing the Windows and check if it helps. I suggest you to download the Windows 10 ISO and create a Media Creation tool and then perform Automatic Repair. Refer to the following link:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

(Refer to the section "Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool” in the above article for creating the tool).

Once you have the installation media, follow the steps:

1) Start your computer from the installation media. Insert the disk or USB stick and restart your computer. If you see a message asking you to “Press any key to boot from DVD,” do so. If you don’t see the message, you might need to change the
    boot order in your computer's BIOS settings so that it first starts from the disk or USB. When you see the 'Install Windows' page, tap or click 'Repair your computer' link to start the Windows Recovery Environment.

2) In the Windows Recovery Environment, on the Choose an option screen, click 'Troubleshoot'.

3) Click, Advanced Options and then click on 'Automatic Repair'.

4) After this complete the repair and see if you are able to boot in to your computer.

For more information, kindly refer to the below given article:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/windows-10-recovery-options

Please feel free to contact us, if you face any issues with Windows.

Thank you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Apr 15, 2019
Thema:

A network error occured while attempting to read from the file

1. A network error occured while attempting to read from the file - Similar Threads - network error occured

2. A disk read error occurred

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A disk read error occurred: I facing this problem what should I do now? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-disk-read-error-occurred/62d09316-a241-4f1c-bb49-672ca8df9690
  3. A disk read error occurred

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    A disk read error occurred: I facing this problem what should I do now? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-disk-read-error-occurred/62d09316-a241-4f1c-bb49-672ca8df9690
  4. A disk read error occurred

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Error 1317. An error occurred while attempting to create the directory G:Config.Mis

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error 1317. An error occurred while attempting to create the directory G:Config.Mis: I downloaded this application named battery limiter, and i used it, it will make annoying sound, so i decide to uninstall it, but there are some issues about it....
  6. Error 1317. An error occurred while attempting to create the directory G:Config.Mis

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 1317. An error occurred while attempting to create the directory G:Config.Mis: I downloaded this application named battery limiter, and i used it, it will make annoying sound, so i decide to uninstall it, but there are some issues about it....
  7. Error 1317. An error occurred while attempting to create the directory G:Config.Mis

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. disk read error occurred

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    disk read error occurred: Hello! I have a problem with my laptop ASUS, it have blue screen and this problem "disk read error occurred" How can I solve it? It will be very great, if you give me detailed description what to do. Thanks in advance!...
  9. an error occured while attempting to download this book to your browser

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    an error occured while attempting to download this book to your browser: hello there...I can no longer download books from my local library. instead of getting black line indicating downloading, I get a short pink line and above message. I am an old fatartsky, and not tech savvy. thank you....
  10. A disk read error occurred

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    A disk read error occurred: Hello, recently my computer ran into problems, I waited for it to restart and then this pops up. I try to press ctrl+alt+del but my keyboard doesn't get recognised. I don't know what to do....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. network error occured while attempting to read from file error

2. network error occurred while attempting to read from the file

3. error occured yahoo mail settings

4. a network error occurred while atempting to read from the file,
  5. network error occured,
  6. surpass shows a network error occured when attempting to read from the file,
  7. A network error occumed while attempdint to read from the file :