Windows 10: A new Background app has been added - Every single time I log on

Discus and support A new Background app has been added - Every single time I log on in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; WTF is wrong with Windows 10 right now. Every single day I log on to my laptop I get a message that a new background app has been added, and its always... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Birdinhandandbush, Oct 29, 2019.

1. A new Background app has been added - Every single time I log on

WTF is wrong with Windows 10 right now. Every single day I log on to my laptop I get a message that a new background app has been added, and its always the same ones like Dropbox.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

submitted by /u/Birdinhandandbush
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Birdinhandandbush, Oct 29, 2019
  2. azulura Win User

Adding Background Apps

I'm having issues with my new laptop (HP Pavilion x360). I was looking at the Background Apps and what can run even when minimizing the windows. I noticed the list isn't as long as others that I've searched and found solutions. My list is so small and basic.
    Is there a way that I can add programs to the list and have it running in the background as I tend to download programs and would like to minimize as I see fit?

Moved from: Windows / Apps on Windows 10 / Other Windows apps / Tools

azulura, Oct 29, 2019
  3. Background applications

Hi Robert,

We understand that you don't want some apps to run on the background of your computer. What we suggest is to
    control which apps are allowed to run in the background. To see which apps have permission, just follow the below steps:

• Open the Start menu or Start screen and select “Settings.”
    • Click or tap the “Privacy” icon in the Settings.
    • Scroll down to the bottom of the list and select “Background apps.”
    • You’ll see a list of apps that have permission to run in the background with an “On/Off” toggle.
    Just bear in mind that, apps normally run in the background to update their live tiles, download new data, and receive notifications. If you want an app to continue performing these functions, you should allow it to continue running in
    the background.

Feel free to update us with the results.

Michelle Vil, Oct 29, 2019
  4. Jairit Be Win User

A new Background app has been added - Every single time I log on

Adding Background Apps

Hi,

There's no need to worry because this is normal. The fact that you have a new laptop is most likely why background apps are much less than what most people have.

Background apps are run by programs you download or by the Windows OS. Adding background apps are not really necessary as doing so would only consume more processing power that could slow your laptop.

In due time, you should see an increase in background apps.

Let us know if you have other questions.

Jairit Be, Oct 29, 2019
Thema:

A new Background app has been added - Every single time I log on

1. A new Background app has been added - Every single time I log on - Similar Threads - Background app has

2. "Select an App to Open 'UserName'" Shows Every Time I Log In

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Select an App to Open 'UserName'" Shows Every Time I Log In: Every time I login, the select an app dialog shows up. The title at the top of the window reads "Select an app to open 'Username'". This can be reproduced by running '%AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup' in the run toolbar. Since this behaviour started...
  3. "Select an App to Open 'UserName'" Shows Every Time I Log In

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Select an App to Open 'UserName'" Shows Every Time I Log In: Every time I login, the select an app dialog shows up. The title at the top of the window reads "Select an app to open 'Username'". This can be reproduced by running '%AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup' in the run toolbar. Since this behaviour started...
  4. Signing in from a new device every time I log into a website

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Signing in from a new device every time I log into a website: Since I have updated to Windows 11, every site, from Reddit to Chase, prompts me to confirm as it appears I am logging in from a new device. I am not. how do I fix this?...
  5. Signing in from a new device every time I log into a website

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Signing in from a new device every time I log into a website: Since I have updated to Windows 11, every site, from Reddit to Chase, prompts me to confirm as it appears I am logging in from a new device. I am not. how do I fix this?...
  6. Every time I log in, this error shows

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Every time I log in, this error shows: Every time I log in, this errorshows Whenever I log in I get this error showing up. after I press ok, this appears again but the second time i close it, it closes. Other than that I have a few issues with my windows defender and app installed through microsoft store....
  7. BSOD Every single time I boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    BSOD Every single time I boot: Log Name: System Source: EventLog Date: 05/08/2020 4:27:41 PM Event ID: 6008 Task Category: None Level: Error Keywords: Classic User: N/A Computer: NoynYT Description: The previous system shutdown at 4:12:44 pm on...
  8. This happens every time I log in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    This happens every time I log in: [IMG]what is this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-happens-every-time-i-log-in/250d28af-f914-46b0-a7fb-891f6fdbaed2
  9. Log in every time

Log in every time: Hi, I have a windows 10 desktop. I have been able to log into my accounts without any trouble. Recently I have had to have someone call or send me a text with a password so I can log on. It gets to be a pain. These are sites I use every day, and I am the only one who uses...
  10. Every time I restart my computer, the "background apps" setting resets

Every time I restart my computer, the "background apps" setting resets: A quick google search just lands me in tutorials on how to disable background apps in general. All of my other privacy settings are saved except for this one edit: I also noticed that apps appear and disappear on this page. For example, I have the Verizon Messages app...