Windows 10: A new, challenging, Keyboard vs Language question! :

Discus and support A new, challenging, Keyboard vs Language question! : in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello everyone, So I found this helpful thread: Windows 10 - German Keyboard/English Language - Microsoft Community Never mind the pity that threads... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Real_David, Feb 5, 2021.

1. A new, challenging, Keyboard vs Language question! :

Hello everyone,

So I found this helpful thread: Windows 10 - German Keyboard/English Language - Microsoft Community

Never mind the pity that threads get locked after some time zero need for spam control, my sites are proof,

because my own situation is even more challenging than the OP's there.

> I need the English language throughout Win10 please

> But I have bought a German keyboard that came with a good desktop deal

> And I need the German keyboard on the English OS to allow me sometimes to write Portuguese characters please!

I feel it should be possible, if not easy, in such moments to get the German Umlaute to print the Portuguese "Umlaute" instead. I am aware that Portuguese has way more than 4, but 4 is better than none, lol. in fact for the German Ss I am happy to just write ss

If it helps, I can describe to you where which keys are:

- the German QWERTZ keyboard has the @ to be reached via AltGR Q

- to the right of P is Ue

- to the right of L is Oe, then Ae

- to the right of 0 is the Ss the distant position, I guess, already shows its irrelevance these days, lol

- and the Portuguese QWERTY keyboard that I have on a borrowed laptop has the @ to be reached via AltGR 2

- to the right of L is Ç

- and don't ask me how all the other hieroglyphs are being typed, I have yet to find out: there are no more shown on the keyboard. It's a miracle, yet.

I only now bought Win10, with the desktop, hence why I'd like to set it all up correctly from the start, you know.

Do you know how to get solved my three issues marked > at the top?

Would I have needed to buy a programmable keyboard instead, in order to achieve this? Or can it be arranged in Win10? Or in the BIOS/UEFI maybe?

:)

Real_David, Feb 5, 2021

2. How to prevent Windows 10 from changing keyboard language layout?

Hi Enrique,

The challenge that you are experiencing with your keyboard language layout can occur due to several reasons. To better assist you with your concern, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you tried setting the default language of your computer to Spanish? If not, kindly do so, then check if the issue persists.
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you have taken besides manually removing the English keyboard layout?

We look forward to your response.

Joshua Her1, Feb 5, 2021
  3. Language keyboard input doesn't equal output

Hi,

Language input may vary depending on the Input method set on your keyboard settings. To sort your concern, we suggest that you check if the desired input is set correctly by following these steps:

• Type in Language and keyboard options on the search box.
    • Select the desired language that you're trying to set up.
    • Once you've selected the language, select Options.
    • Under Keyboards, select Microsoft IME and click
      Options.
    • Scroll down and select Open advanced settings.
    • A window will pop up. Under General tab, click the drop-down arrow for
      Input method and select the desired input.
    • Click OK.

Let us know if you encounter any challenges along the process.

Darwin Dim, Feb 5, 2021
  4. Xylee Del Win User

A new, challenging, Keyboard vs Language question! :

The extra keyboard layout keep adding to my language bar (with Pics)

Hi Panupong,

The updated Windows 10 may have detected your language, the reason why it automatically gave you the other Thai US keyboard. To correct this issue, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Click on the Start Menu, type in region and language settings and select it.
    • Under Languages, select Thai Kedmanee keyboard and click Remove.
    • Lastly, add it back by clicking Add a language.

After these steps, your keyboard layout will permanently stay with Thai Kedmanee keyboard.

Let us know if the steps above resolved your issue.

Xylee Del, Feb 5, 2021
Thema:

A new, challenging, Keyboard vs Language question! :

1. A new, challenging, Keyboard vs Language question! : - Similar Threads - challenging Keyboard Language

2. Language Keyboard question and a keyboard button

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Language Keyboard question and a keyboard button: Hi, I am trying to remove QAB Unknown locale qab-latn French keyboard language. Don't even know how it got here. My main languages installed are English US and Russian. Please help. Very annoying! And thank you! Also, my letter D on keyboard doesn't work too. I tried to check...
  3. Language Keyboard question and a keyboard button

in Windows 10 Customization
    Language Keyboard question and a keyboard button: Hi, I am trying to remove QAB Unknown locale qab-latn French keyboard language. Don't even know how it got here. My main languages installed are English US and Russian. Please help. Very annoying! And thank you! Also, my letter D on keyboard doesn't work too. I tried to check...
  4. Language Keyboard question and a keyboard button

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Language Keyboard question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Language Keyboard question: Hi, I am trying to remove QAB Unknown locale qab-latn French keyboard language. Don't even know how it got here. My main languages installed are English US and Russian. Please help. Very annoying! And thank you!...
  6. Language Keyboard question

Language Keyboard question: Hi, I am trying to remove QAB Unknown locale qab-latn French keyboard language. Don't even know how it got here. My main languages installed are English US and Russian. Please help. Very annoying! And thank you!...
  7. question about keyboard default language

question about keyboard default language: hey guys i need help. every time i turn on my pc, my keyboard language is English automaticlly. i want my keyboard default language is Vietnamese every time i turn on the pc. anyone knows how? thanks for reading...
  8. installing a new language keyboard

installing a new language keyboard: when i try to install a new language in this case japanese, it goes through smoothly but i cant install any language packs aside from 'display language installed'. im trying to find a way to be able to type in japanese on my english keyboard but i cant install the typing pack...
  9. a challenge question

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    a challenge question: my computed locked me out last night and ask for a challerige question the next street told me to call windows but I could not use any keyboard in any way I tried I got up at one restart it pray alloy before I did got it back up but it showed that street again what is shaping...
  10. GitHub Challenged Question

in Browsers and Email
    GitHub Challenged Question: My head spins each time I get on to GitHub. Would anyone be so kind to tell me which download I want for Windows 10 x64. Thanks so much. If I am not mistaken I want "BraveBrowserStandaloneSetup.exe". Is that right? TIA. I know this is not the latest version. Release Desktop...