Windows 10: a new drive G: with EFI folder appeared after Win10 installation - do i need it? should I...

Discus and support a new drive G: with EFI folder appeared after Win10 installation - do i need it? should I... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/kabzik [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g013cm/a_new_drive_g_with_efi_folder_appeared_after/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/kabzik, Apr 12, 2020.

1. /u/kabzik Win User

a new drive G: with EFI folder appeared after Win10 installation - do i need it? should I...

/u/kabzik, Apr 12, 2020

2. New G drive appeared from nowhere

A new G: drive appeared from nowhere. There are two Folders. One is named Ltransfer249, the other is Tcached87. In these folders there are about six files that when I open are encrypted (garbled letters, numbers and symbols. Any help on this would be appreciated.

thanks,
    Russ

rjcataniajr, Apr 12, 2020
  3. New G drive appeared from nowhere

a new drive G: with EFI folder appeared after Win10 installation - do i need it? should I... [​IMG]

a new drive G: with EFI folder appeared after Win10 installation - do i need it? should I... [​IMG]

rjcataniajr, Apr 12, 2020
  4. JABZ-LA Win User

a new drive G: with EFI folder appeared after Win10 installation - do i need it? should I...

A new drive has appeared on my PC - I don't know why.

This PC is running Windows 8.1. I'm a non-expert computer user and know mostly very basic PC stuff.

I don't know if this drive appeared because of an update or something else.

The new drive is called SYSTEM (Ga new drive G: with EFI folder appeared after Win10 installation - do i need it? should I... :), 205MB free of 256MB.

Stuff I'm used to seeing in the "This PC" window is a Bluetooth FTP, Windows (Ca new drive G: with EFI folder appeared after Win10 installation - do i need it? should I... :), Data (Da new drive G: with EFI folder appeared after Win10 installation - do i need it? should I... :), DVD RW Drive (Fa new drive G: with EFI folder appeared after Win10 installation - do i need it? should I... :)

When I try to open (Ga new drive G: with EFI folder appeared after Win10 installation - do i need it? should I... :) drive the PC tells me, "You don't currently have permission to access this folder. Click Continue to permanently get access to this folder." But it denies me access, and says I have to use a security tab.

If it's harmless I guess I'm willing to let the (Ga new drive G: with EFI folder appeared after Win10 installation - do i need it? should I... :) drive sit there.

When I scan it with Malwarebytes you can see stuff that is getting scanned flash by. I did printscreens of Malwarebytes and copied down these paths Malwarebytes was scanning inside Ga new drive G: with EFI folder appeared after Win10 installation - do i need it? should I... :) drive :

G:\EFI\ASUS\BOOT\PT-PT\BOOTMGFW.EFI.MUI

G:\EFI\ASUS\BOOT\BG-BG\BOOTMGR.EFI.MUI

G:\EFI\ASUS\BOOT\EL-GR\MEMTEST.EFI.MUI

I'm hoping this is nothing to worry about. Thanx for your time.

JABZ-LA, Apr 12, 2020
Thema:

1. a new drive G: with EFI folder appeared after Win10 installation - do i need it? should I... - Similar Threads - drive EFI folder

2. A new partition appeared with the EFI folder after reinstalling Windows.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    A new partition appeared with the EFI folder after reinstalling Windows.: Hello everyone. I recently reinstalled Windows, and a new partition "Local Disk H" appeared in the disk directory. Partition volume 95 megabytes, 65 of which are free. After opening the disk, one EFI folder appears inside which there are two folders: Microsoft and Boot. This...
  3. A new partition appeared with the EFI folder after reinstalling Windows.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A new partition appeared with the EFI folder after reinstalling Windows.: Hello everyone. I recently reinstalled Windows, and a new partition "Local Disk H" appeared in the disk directory. Partition volume 95 megabytes, 65 of which are free. After opening the disk, one EFI folder appears inside which there are two folders: Microsoft and Boot. This...
  4. A new partition appeared with the EFI folder after reinstalling Windows.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. New motherboard - Do I need a new win10 licence?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    New motherboard - Do I need a new win10 licence?: Hello all, very recently, my computer slurped up a malware and I had to wipe the hard drives and reinstall windows. On a whim, I decided to upgrade from win 7 to win 10 pro, so I bought a licence. At the same time I got a "great" idea of upgrading most of the PC hardware, so...
  6. After Update a new Drive called SYSTEM G: appears

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After Update a new Drive called SYSTEM G: appears: After a Windows 10 update last night, a new drive appeared in File explorer called SYSTEM G: . Other drive letters were changed. Because I have an on line backup I need to keep my drive letters . I had a drive called G, that is now changed to H. When I go into Disk...
  7. Found win10 on a flash drive. Should I install it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Found win10 on a flash drive. Should I install it?: Ok I’ll try to be brief. Bought a graphics card secondhand. Mysterious thumb drive with windows 10 install files was in the bottom of the box. I have a windows 7 pc with good enough specs to run win10. However when I tried to run this win10 installer to see what happened it...
  8. New G drive appeared from nowhere

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New G drive appeared from nowhere: A new G: drive appeared from nowhere. There are two Folders. One is named Ltransfer249, the other is Tcached87. In these folders there are about six files that when I open are encrypted (garbled letters, numbers and symbols. Any help on this would be appreciated. thanks,...
  9. New G drive appeared from nowhere

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    New G drive appeared from nowhere: A new G: drive appeared from nowhere. There are two Folders. One is named Ltransfer249, the other is Tcached87. In these folders there are about six files that when I open are encrypted (garbled letters, numbers and symbols. Any help on this would be appreciated. thanks,...
  10. What dI I need to do after installing a new hard drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What dI I need to do after installing a new hard drive?: I have researched this but either the threads are very old or everyone has a different opinion. I am going from 500GB, 5400rpm to a 1TB, 7200rpm SATA HD. I don't have any installation disks as my laptop didn't come with any. I have upgraded to Windows 10 & I have made a...