Windows 10: A New Era of Windows 10 Devices from Microsoft

Discus and support A New Era of Windows 10 Devices from Microsoft in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; We’ve been talking about Windows 10 for over a year now and today we started our next chapter, with new devices designed for Windows 10. Today I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Oct 6, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

A New Era of Windows 10 Devices from Microsoft

Source: A New Era of Windows 10 Devices from Microsoft | Microsoft Devices Blog

Brink, Oct 6, 2015
  2. BillyBob Win User

Wow seems to be a lot of excitement over Microsoft's new products here, I've visited a few Apple sites and there's actually quite a bit of excitement even from Apple fans.

:)

BillyBob, Oct 6, 2015
  3. Lumia 730 windows 10 official release date?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

The date of release of Lumia 730 is not yet officially announced.

I suggest you to keep browsing the following site to know the date.

A New Era of Windows 10 Devices from Microsoft - Microsoft Devices Blog

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Sudharshan M K, Oct 6, 2015
  4. A New Era of Windows 10 Devices from Microsoft

new era with cortana

when i brought a lumia as my first smartphone my friends demanded it was a bad idea. But i made my choice clear. Main reason i went for a windows phone cuz it was something different from all that **** Android devices. Something. Unique! It was colorful.
    I fell in love. But after i brought it i realized it wasn't dat fancy after all. You say this is the most personal smartphone. But first thing i realized is the lack of personalization. And the lack of apps. I get bored easy and with this device i got bored
    too easily. But i gotta admit 8.1 changed it. It gave people hope to stick with windows. But it's still not perfect. Windows do you wanna beat android?? Do you wanna beat iOS?? Then use your own catch phrase. The most personal smartphone That's your key to
    success. Don't worry about the app department it keeps better everyday. Worry about the personalization. Im not just talking about the lockscreens and widgets. Although you gotta use widgets like android instead of coping their notification center. But not
    what i mean. I think you already have your key to success. That was the biggest thing came up with 8.1 now it's a no show. Yep CORTANA!!! Use her. Not just for asking directions but to make windowsphone unique. Let her take control around everything. You call
    her digital assistant?? Well give a real **** meaning to dat. People are busy already to handle handle their smartphones let cortana handle it for them. You wanna personalize the lockscreen ?? U wanna make it something special?? Use cortana to do it. Greet
    the people on their lockscreen tell them what's up ask their plans remember them. Make it easy for people. People don't have anymore time to stay tapping on their mobiles. So, what im suggesting?? Give life to cortana !! If you do this right this is gonna
    be the biggest step in smartphone history. You don't need me to tell me that. Thank you.

akilamadawa, Oct 6, 2015
  5. What about Microsoft and what is happening.
    I know several friends who have Apple products and they are not happy.
    They are thinking of ditching their brand new iPhone 6 for the new Windows Phone so they can have the best of both worlds when they see what I can do with Windows 10

hTconeM9user, Oct 6, 2015
  6. nt62 Win User
    So many devices to choose from ... my Asrock board is in the recycle bin.
    Bought a Surface 3.

Use the Surface 3 with a dock. Decided to not build a new system for now.
    The atom powered 2 watt S3 is quite a good computer.
    Use it to watch free digital antennae television.

It works beautifully with Windows 10 on it.

It also works with Linux and Windows Server 2012
    although no drivers are available for those systems.

nt62, Oct 6, 2015
  7. echrada Win User
    But who is going to buy the Surface Book at those prices?

echrada, Oct 6, 2015
  8. rfruth Win User

Me wants a Lumia 950 or 950 XL (not sure yet)

rfruth, Oct 6, 2015
  9. nt62 Win User
    Obviously, one must have a few bucks to get into this technology.
    Even the Surface 3, advertised @ 499 is the low end offer.
    Upgrade from 64 GB to 128 GB and add 100.
    Add a dock + 200 ... Add a typecover keyboard + 120 ...
    Now you're looking at $920 if it comes with 10 HOME.
    If you want PRO, Add more to that = ~ $1000

I love my Acer Chromebook.
    Posting this using free wifi (not from home) on a Chromebook - LESS THAN $200.

The Surface Book is loaded with awesome performance features.
    You don't need to buy a dock or keyboard.

I was considering a new build of a 12 core or 24 core XEON system.
    Of course a cheaper system can be built,
    like a system with an intel CPU 5960X (just the CPU costs $1000)
    Does anyone need a $500 GPU to surf the net?

A XEON E5-2690 v3 CPU starts @ over $2000

Go top of the line - XEON E5-2699 v3 18 core 2.3 GHz CPU starts @ over $4600...

Any of this tech can get pricey.

Microsoft Hardware Division is really good with mobile computers.

nt62, Oct 6, 2015
  10. BillyBob Win User
    While I wouldn't say these things are cheap, back in 1995 I paid $2500 for a 486DX266 and that was cheap at the time.

BillyBob, Oct 6, 2015
  11. linw Win User
    Even now, I can't figure out how we managed those huge sums of money for such low grade stuff! And we haven't even adjusted the $2,500 for inflation!!

12. NavyLCDR New Member
    Just more proof that Windows 10 is Skynet!

NavyLCDR, Oct 7, 2015
  13. A New Era of Windows 10 Devices from Microsoft

A New Era of Windows 10 Devices from Microsoft [​IMG]

- oh, yass
    - chuck in a docking station and a keyboard, as well
    - worth every penny.. *Cool

BugMeister, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. A New Era of Windows 10 Devices from Microsoft - Similar Threads - Era Devices Microsoft

2. Is there a way to get windows 10 on a new device from an old device

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is there a way to get windows 10 on a new device from an old device: I had a windows 10 device, it broke and got replaced with a windows 11 device, different brand different shape. Is there a way to get windows ten from the old device to the new one. I don't have a backup, other than a USB drive with a few games I've messed with. But nothing...
  3. End of an era: Microsoft stops selling Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    End of an era: Microsoft stops selling Windows 10: The end of an era is upon us, as Windows 10 is slowly being retired after more than eight years of launch. Announced in 2015, the official retirement of Windows 10 is on October 14, 2025, and comes nearly ten years after its release on July 2015, when Windows 8 was under...
  4. Is This the End of the Windows 10 Era?

in Windows 10 News
    Is This the End of the Windows 10 Era?: The real-time analytics service Statcounter published its latest data on Operating Systems. In November 2022, Windows 10 usage fell below 70%, to be precise, 69.77%. That is, less than seven out of every ten computers connected to the Internet use it. Of course, this is...
  5. Microsoft on Windows 10 volume activation in era of working from home

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft on Windows 10 volume activation in era of working from home: While volume activation is a process that many have utilized over the years, today's post offers guidance to help you ensure that all your devices have been properly activated regardless of their connection to your organization's network. First, a refresher. Volume...
  6. Slots Era

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slots Era: Slots Era will neither install or close to allow me to complete the jigsaw. I have uninstalled and reinstalled but no difference. This app has a problem. Can anyone help please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slots-era/d2fe788a-e5b5-4c82-9870-ee963018d9c1
  7. Empowering a new era of personal productivity with new Surface devices

in Windows 10 News
    Empowering a new era of personal productivity with new Surface devices: [ATTACH] Today we shared our vision for a new era of personal productivity; unveiled Surface Pro 6, Surface Laptop 2, Surface Studio 2 and Surface Headphones, and announced availability of the Windows 10 October 2018 Update and new Office 365 experiences. As we work to...
  8. Security Update Guide ushers in a new era of Microsoft updates

in Windows 10 News
    Security Update Guide ushers in a new era of Microsoft updates: What do you think is the most important thing you can do to help secure both your client and server deployments? If you said, “apply security updates as soon as possible” – then you guessed right. Updating your applications, operating systems and firmware must be job...
  9. Opening Windows Holographic to Partners for a New Era of Mixed Reality

in Windows 10 News
    Opening Windows Holographic to Partners for a New Era of Mixed Reality: Today at Computex, I joined Nick Parker and Alex Kipman on stage to celebrate incredible devices from across the Windows ecosystem – from PCs to gaming to IoT and beyond – and to share how the upcoming Windows 10 Anniversary Update will bring all new innovation, creating...
  10. Rebooting Windows for a new era of computing

in Windows 10 News
    Rebooting Windows for a new era of computing: Microsoft is undergoing a critical transition. The rapidly changing tech landscape is forcing its evolution from a company focused on the PC to a company that has to look to a future where post PC devices dominate. No matter how you try to package that change, it...