Windows 10: A new feature in Microsoft Edge could soon let you fit two tabs in the same window.

Discus and support A new feature in Microsoft Edge could soon let you fit two tabs in the same window. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Leopeva64-2 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Leopeva64-2, Jan 24, 2023.

1. A new feature in Microsoft Edge could soon let you fit two tabs in the same window.

/u/Leopeva64-2, Jan 24, 2023

2. Edge new tab

Hi Niranjan,

Sorry if this is a dumb question but I did not see a direct answer in your response to Pat's question:

"How can I set new tab in Edge to google.co.uk".

Please rephrase your answer so an old computer dinosaur could understand it.

I believe Pat was asking how to have each “new tab” open to a specific web page; in his case to google.co.uk.

When I open a new tab:

• I DON'T want ‘"suggested content” which is like a MSN page with weather, news, and featured apps from Windows Store.’
    • I DON'T want a “Blank page”
    • I Do want the Google search page: google.com
    Admittedly, I’m new to Windows 10 and Windows Edge but it appears to me that Microsoft is making it very difficult (or impossible) to use non-Microsoft search engines
    or default to non-Microsoft web pages.

Hope you can dispel my concerns.

Thanks, Jack

JackThorworth, Jan 24, 2023
  3. Brink Win User
    Sleeping Tabs in Microsoft Edge

Source:Sleeping Tabs in Microsoft Edge: Saving extra resources when you need it most - Microsoft Edge Blog

See also:

Brink, Jan 24, 2023
  4. A new feature in Microsoft Edge could soon let you fit two tabs in the same window.

Edge new tab

Hi Pat,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Especially for Edge, its New tab page also shows “suggested content” which is like a MSN page with weather, news, and featured apps from Windows Store.

A new feature in Microsoft Edge could soon let you fit two tabs in the same window. edge_newtab_10122_1.png

In Microsoft Edge, you have an option not to show the New tab page when you open a new tab. Just head to the ellipsis icon at the top right then select Settings. In Settings panel, you’ll see the option “Open new tab with.” In the drop-down menu, select
    “Blank page” to disable New tab page.

A new feature in Microsoft Edge could soon let you fit two tabs in the same window. edge_newtab_10122_2.png

A new feature in Microsoft Edge could soon let you fit two tabs in the same window. edge_newtab_10122_3.png

How to disable suggested content in New tab page

Suggested content has your information at a glance: weather, national news, local news, and even featured apps from the Store. Sometimes you don’t want to see this cluster and wish to hide it. To do that, you need to open Settings via the ellipsis icon.
    Then select “Top sites” in the drop-down menu of “Open new tab with.”

Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Niranjan Manjhi, Jan 24, 2023
Thema:

A new feature in Microsoft Edge could soon let you fit two tabs in the same window.

1. A new feature in Microsoft Edge could soon let you fit two tabs in the same window. - Similar Threads - feature Microsoft Edge

2. Same website looks different in two Edge tabs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Same website looks different in two Edge tabs: Hi:First of all, excuse my bad English.I have a problem, there is a system that I was made many years ago with IE and it runs perfectly in EDGE compatibility mode, but installed on two different servers it produces a slight graphical differences in its render on the client.In...
  3. Same website looks different in two Edge tabs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Same website looks different in two Edge tabs: Hi:First of all, excuse my bad English.I have a problem, there is a system that I was made many years ago with IE and it runs perfectly in EDGE compatibility mode, but installed on two different servers it produces a slight graphical differences in its render on the client.In...
  4. Same website looks different in two Edge tabs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Microsoft Edge will let you reorder tabs using keyboard shortcuts.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Edge will let you reorder tabs using keyboard shortcuts.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Leopeva64-2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ueugjy/microsoft_edge_will_let_you_reorder_tabs_using/
  6. Microsoft Edge will let you pin Tab groups.

Microsoft Edge will let you pin Tab groups.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Leopeva64-2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/tskh7i/microsoft_edge_will_let_you_pin_tab_groups/
  7. Let's appreciate Edge's new vertical tabs and sleeping tabs!

Let's appreciate Edge's new vertical tabs and sleeping tabs!: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/0ssamaak0 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m8xp0j/lets_appreciate_edges_new_vertical_tabs_and/
  8. Microsoft could soon announce “The New Windows”

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft could soon announce “The New Windows”: Microsoft is reportedly planning to announce a new version of Windows 10 and the company might consider marketing Windows 10X or the big Sun Valley upgrade as “the new Windows.” The release date is still uncertain, but the announcement or teaser is not expected until at least...
  9. Unlike Chrome, Microsoft’s new Edge lets you mute tabs on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Unlike Chrome, Microsoft’s new Edge lets you mute tabs on Windows 10: In many ways, Microsoft’s newly launched Chromium-powered Edge browser is better than Google Chrome. For example, it comes with a modern interface, icons in the menu for accessibility, customizable profile icons and more. The browser is also set to receive smooth scrolling,...
  10. Microsoft’s new Edge browser for Windows 10 could launch in preview soon

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft’s new Edge browser for Windows 10 could launch in preview soon: Microsoft last year confirmed that it has decided to work on Chromium-powered Edge, the platform on which Google Chrome runs. Microsoft is expected to release first and early build of its Chromium-based browser very soon but the company hasn’t announced any ETA. Some early...