Windows 10: A new HP computer with OEM windows 10. Cant activate Windows.

Discus and support A new HP computer with OEM windows 10. Cant activate Windows. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I have a new HP computer with OEM windows 10. Cant activate Windows. Tried all possible solutions with no luck. Need direct contact... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by t_s_r, Sep 14, 2020.

1. t_s_r Win User

A new HP computer with OEM windows 10. Cant activate Windows.

Hello everyone,

I have a new HP computer with OEM windows 10. Cant activate Windows.

Tried all possible solutions with no luck.

Need direct contact details to talk directly with the support.

Thanks,

:)

t_s_r, Sep 14, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 14, 2020
  3. Laurijan Win User
    Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

I bought Windows 7 Pro OEM key from G2Play.net for 12€ to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro - worked like a charm but be advised if you buy a OEM key you can not download the Win 7 iso from microsoft and have to get it elsewhere.

Laurijan, Sep 14, 2020
  4. windwhirl Win User

Windows 10 Consumer Roadmap Reveals Five New SKUs

I don't think that's the case here. Microsoft wouldn't dare kill part of the user base with such idiocy. I think what they are doing is selling Windows 10 licenses to their OEM partners (Dell, HP, etc.) with pricing according to the system specs. I suppose that after the user sets up the new system (Windows Activation and/or Microsoft Account login would probably be the way to validate that), the OS is free from these license restrictions and can upgrade the computer's parts as they desire, without paying anything else for the OS.

This licensing scheme is targeted at OEM builders, not end users. So we shouldn't see any changes in pricing from our point of view, at least when buying standalone Windows licenses. I hope.

windwhirl, Sep 14, 2020
Thema:

1. A new HP computer with OEM windows 10. Cant activate Windows. - Similar Threads - computer OEM Cant

2. New Windows 10 Pro OEM Computer not activated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Windows 10 Pro OEM Computer not activated: Dear All,I have a brand new computer with windows 10 PRO OEM installed and for the first time in my life, the operating system is not activated; if I try to activate it from the Activation menu, it returns the following error translated fro Italian;It's not possible to...
  3. New Windows 10 Pro OEM Computer not activated

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Windows 10 Pro OEM Computer not activated: Dear All,I have a brand new computer with windows 10 PRO OEM installed and for the first time in my life, the operating system is not activated; if I try to activate it from the Activation menu, it returns the following error translated fro Italian;It's not possible to...
  4. New Windows 10 Pro OEM Computer not activated

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Cant Activate Windows on a preinstalled OEM Lenovo laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant Activate Windows on a preinstalled OEM Lenovo laptop: I purchased a Lenovo laptop last year with windows 10 preinstalled. Recently the watermark showed up to activate windows, when I go to activate it, it comes up invalid. I've gone into the bios to check the product key and enter that number but nothing. Lenovo wants me to...
  6. Cant Activate Windows on a preinstalled OEM Lenovo laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant Activate Windows on a preinstalled OEM Lenovo laptop: I purchased a Lenovo laptop last year with windows 10 preinstalled. Recently the watermark showed up to activate windows, when I go to activate it, it comes up invalid. I've gone into the bios to check the product key and enter that number but nothing. Lenovo wants me to...
  7. Copy Windows 10 OEM to a new computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Copy Windows 10 OEM to a new computer: I have a laptop with Windows 10 who is about to go south so I wonder if I can use the last taken Image from that laptop and copy to the new computer? I know I can't use the license from the old one but if I buy a new serial key is it then possible to do what I'm about to...
  8. Activate Windows 10 OEM

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Activate Windows 10 OEM: A year ago, when I assembled my PC, I bought a Windows 10 Pro key on Amazon, but I noticed that it was not OEM but VOLUME MAK. So yesterday I bought an OEM version. The problem is that if I put the key on "Change product key" it tells me that "This copy of Windows is already...
  9. Windows 10 OEM activation on a new computer

Windows 10 OEM activation on a new computer: Hello. I have windows 10, a bought OEM licence. In settings under 'activation' it says 'is 'activated with a digital licence linked to your Microsoft account.' So, will I be able to install & activate my windows 10 on a NEW computer? I was told I won't, but if I have it...
  10. Activation - Windows 10 - NEW HP NOTEBOOK

Activation - Windows 10 - NEW HP NOTEBOOK: Good Morning Windows 10 Home 1809 I have a new HP Laptop and I had it about a month and installed updates etc when I kept getting asked for a product key, which I don't have as it was activated with a digital licence. After lots of back and forth with help pages and...